gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680740 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 05:57:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Discuss, praise, ridicule, and/or mock American Idol performances here.  (Read 27349 times)
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 28, 2006, 11:46:12 AM »

wheres Kevin Costner when you need him?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2006, 12:56:59 PM »

mark goddard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2006, 06:03:55 AM »

last night was ELVIS night .......and the final 4 wannabe's totally destroyed the Kings song's. Last night was probably the worst Idol yet !
just seeing that bald headed kid get out of the Happy Van at Graceland made me wanna puke.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2006, 07:36:25 AM »

Yeah, it was pretty disgusting.  I think Taylor did a good job at "In The ghetto", though. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2006, 07:42:33 AM »

Brilliant Ron.  Hopefully someday I'll be good at being funny.  Just like you.

We can only hope.  I just farted, by the way.  HA HASAH AHAHAHA HAA
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2006, 07:44:09 AM »

Right on Joel!  I say that you and I start an alliance for the un-funny and take on the world of genious comedians such as Ron with our bland and un-funny banter.  What do you say?  Will you join me?  This board, better yet this WORLD, needs us!  Things are getting to funny around here and some tasteless, "easy" fart and crackwhore jokes are just what the doctor ordered to settle things down a bit.

Ron, are you giving lessons at being "good at being funny"?  If so, sign me up!  The way you turned our statements around with that joke about making fun of handicapped people really put me in my place!  It was hilarious!  Well played my good man. 

YEAH! I thought so too.  That was my whole bit, I thought a kid with downs syndrome was funny.  HAHA HAHA~!!! Isn't that great!!!???!!!!

ugh... on second thought, do me a favor and re-read what I wrote.  You still didn't get it. 
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2006, 07:47:39 AM »

1) One chooses to use; one does not choose to become addicted. Some substances have a nasty way of re-wiring the brain - tough or at times impossible to straighten out.

2) If you can't make fun of Whitney Houston, who in the foda can you make fun of?

How about you, or me?  Somebody with their mind left.  Are you the type of person that beats up homeless people, or do you show them a little mercy since they're obviously having a bad time?  It's just not funny, it's easy.  Instead of using your mind to make something good, you just say the obvious about somebody that's obviously messed up.  That's not funny, it's easy, a 5 year old could make that joke. 

"Whitney Houston does crack! look, she looks funny, too! Look!" what the f*** is that?  How you can laugh at that is beyond me.  She'll probably be dead soon, and she's got kids growing up in a house with a crackhead and a dad who beats the crackhead up in front of them.  that's really fucking hilarious. 
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 07:50:32 AM by Ron » Logged
NC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2006, 08:30:37 AM »

Yeah, it was pretty disgusting.  I think Taylor did a good job at "In The ghetto", though. 

There were some cringe-worthy moments. I must say both of Katherine's performances were a complete mess.

rb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2006, 08:33:39 AM »

1) One chooses to use; one does not choose to become addicted. Some substances have a nasty way of re-wiring the brain - tough or at times impossible to straighten out.

2) If you can't make fun of Whitney Houston, who in the foda can you make fun of?

How about you...?   (Happens all the time. I'm used to it by now.)

Somebody with their mind left.  (That, and me, are mutually exclusive.)

Are you the type of person that beats up homeless people...?  (Naw, I just drown the occasional kitten.)

It's just not funny, it's easy. (Cheap joke? Moi? )

That's not funny, it's easy, a 5 year old could make that joke.  (You've just hit the nail on the head, I believe.)

"Whitney Houston does crack! look, she looks funny, too! Look!" what the f*** is that?  How you can laugh at that is beyond me.  She'll probably be dead soon, and she's got kids growing up in a house with a crackhead and a dad who beats the crackhead up in front of them.  that's really fodaing hilarious.  (I bow to your superior knowledge of the situation. I just thought she was some crazily-flamboyant diva who has made some statements about drug use, possibly her own - sort of thing that happens in the music biz all the time, right?)

Who can I make fun of, effectively? No one, it would seem. Not to sound like a complete whining asshole, but I must protest that I did not make fun of the person in question - I merely posited whether or not it was appropriate to make some juvenile crack about her. I imagine you would say, "No." Resoundingly.

Would you at least agree with my first statement, which to me is the important one?

Anyways, let's talk American Idol. That Paula Abdul - she real crazy, right?
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2006, 08:35:59 AM »

Right on Joel!  I say that you and I start an alliance for the un-funny and take on the world of genious comedians such as Ron with our bland and un-funny banter.  What do you say?  Will you join me?  This board, better yet this WORLD, needs us!  Things are getting to funny around here and some tasteless, "easy" fart and crackwhore jokes are just what the doctor ordered to settle things down a bit.

Ron, are you giving lessons at being "good at being funny"?  If so, sign me up!  The way you turned our statements around with that joke about making fun of handicapped people really put me in my place!  It was hilarious!  Well played my good man. 

YEAH! I thought so too.  That was my whole bit, I thought a kid with downs syndrome was funny.  HAHA HAHA~!!! Isn't that great!!!???!!!!

ugh... on second thought, do me a favor and re-read what I wrote.  You still didn't get it. 

Actually, I did get your lame attempt at sarcasm.  No, I didnt really think that you thought a handicapped person was funny.  I understood it all only problem is, it was not very funny!  

Now then, that last post you made about you farting, SOLID GOLD!!!  Way to go!  And all this time I thought you were the one giving lessons on being funny!  You are on the right track.  Not quite ready for alliance membership yet but keep on truckin'!

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2006, 08:42:43 AM »

How about you, or me?  Somebody with their mind left.  Are you the type of person that beats up homeless people, or do you show them a little mercy since they're obviously having a bad time?  It's just not funny, it's easy.  Instead of using your mind to make something good, you just say the obvious about somebody that's obviously messed up.  That's not funny, it's easy, a 5 year old could make that joke. 

"Whitney Houston does crack! look, she looks funny, too! Look!" what the f*** is that?  How you can laugh at that is beyond me.  She'll probably be dead soon, and she's got kids growing up in a house with a crackhead and a dad who beats the crackhead up in front of them.  that's really fodaing hilarious. 

Actually Ron, I do beat up homeless people but after I am done, I throw them a few bucks and any loose change in my pocket.  Good comedy is good comedy but I have a heart of gold as well!!  Give me a break!  Roll Eyes 

By the way, just to keep this in line with the thread title, American Idol still sucks.  I bet when they are performing, at least one of them have let a little fart!!  Tee Hee  LOL  LOL  LOL

Love and Farts,
CosmicDancer

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Howdy Doody
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 11, 2006, 06:13:30 PM »

If it doesn't have melody nor harmony it ISN'T MUSIC.  Hip hop has neither.  However Music is coming back AI is garbage and Kelly Clarkson is ok but not star material.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2006, 10:39:20 AM »

Roll Eyes

Joel5001
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2006, 10:45:24 AM »

"Whitney Houston does crack! look, she looks funny, too! Look!" what the f*** is that?  How you can laugh at that is beyond me.  She'll probably be dead soon, and she's got kids growing up in a house with a crackhead and a dad who beats the crackhead up in front of them.  that's really fodaing hilarious. 

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That's GOLD, Ron!!!!  GOLD!!!!!!!!

"First of all, let's get one thing straight: Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack." - Whitney Houston
asswax
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 26, 2006, 03:38:58 PM »

mandisa was the best singer.
Leo K
Smiley Smile Associate

I Have Lost Touch With The World

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 26, 2006, 05:11:43 PM »

If it doesn't have melody nor harmony it ISN'T MUSIC.

Oh yeah?  Ever heard of Arnold Schoenberg?  Or Charles Ives Smiley

b.dfzo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 18, 2006, 11:51:38 AM »

I am listening to the Season 5 CD...and it's quite good, I am surprised to say.  This might sound a little obvious or trite or whatever, but the best track is definitely Taylor Hick's version of "Takin' It To The Streets".  Almost better than The Doobies...just the excitement he generates as a live singer, I dunno.  Whereas the rest of the tracks, though pretty good, don't have that same live captured feel...sort of forced.  Case in point: Lisa Tucker's version of "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours)" - she's on cruise control for most the whole song, and her high notes sound forced.  IMO.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2006, 01:36:32 PM »

If it doesn't have melody nor harmony it ISN'T MUSIC.  Hip hop has neither.  However Music is coming back AI is garbage and Kelly Clarkson is ok but not star material.

I'm listening to a rap song with a nice melody right now. Smiley

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx