gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:16:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Name One Song You'd Wish The BBs Should Have Covered  (Read 93332 times)
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 05, 2015, 03:45:25 PM »

Bohemian Rhapsody. Grin
jeffh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 05, 2015, 04:34:30 PM »

Fat Bottom Girls also by Queen
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 05, 2015, 05:44:11 PM »

I wish they would've done The Long And Winding Road
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 05, 2015, 08:02:29 PM »

Here's an off the wall story that I almost started a new thread about, but then I saw this one.

The very first time I listened to the Friends album--about 25 years ago on the twofer cd--I noticed the song "When a Man Needs a Woman" in the track listing.  For some odd reason, I was thinking of the Percy Sledge tune "When a Man Loves a Woman".  Needless to say, when I got to that track on my cd player....it wasn't what I was expecting.  Not a bad little tune by our BW.  But it led me to wonder...what if the Beach Boys actually had covered Sledge's blues epic?  I can actually hear that in my head.

First off, it would absolutely NOT have worked on the Friends album.  I'm thinking Wild Honey, or perhaps even the legendary Lei'd in Hawaii.

I can imagine Carl doing the lead with the Boys' harmonies replicating the brass section.  Or for that matter, they could've included brass, as there is brass all over the Wild Honey album.

Whaddaya think?
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 06, 2015, 04:40:46 PM »

Jeziz folks, I'm gonna change my name to Threadkiller!
barsone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 06, 2015, 09:54:26 PM »

Ok all you Smiley Smilers wanting the next BW rock and roll album....  How about some Jerry Lee Lewis  covers....you guys name them !!!
Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 06, 2015, 11:29:10 PM »

I have always wondered what a BB version of Surf City would have sounded like if it had been recoded by them back in the day

Make waves, not love
petsoundsnola
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 07, 2015, 07:44:15 AM »

I would have loved to have heard their version of Cherish by the Association.
bonnie bella
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 09, 2015, 12:40:17 PM »

A newish song that I think they could do something very cool with would be Take Me To Church, Hozier.  That would be interesting re-imagined.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #384 on: October 09, 2015, 06:36:39 PM »

Paul & Linda McCartney's "Dear Boy" from 1971's RAM lp with a lead by Carl and of course those glorious BB group vocals.
KDS
« Reply #385 on: October 09, 2015, 09:37:07 PM »

I have always wondered what a BB version of Surf City would have sounded like if it had been recoded by them back in the day

Funny you mention that.  I always wished they'd have done Surf City instead of Little Old Lady from Pasadena on the In Concert album.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 09, 2015, 11:57:27 PM »

I wish they would've done The Long And Winding Road
This boredom of a song?

Al singing Little Town Flirt (Del Shannon). either him doing falsetto - since he can - or get Brian sing it. girl bcgrs - the Honeys.
Beatles did short live cover of Shout, would like to hear it in American accent.
modern band Hot Hot Heat, Goodnight goodnight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-h98hFYusc

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 10, 2015, 07:59:55 AM »

Funny you mention that.  I always wished they'd have done Surf City instead of Little Old Lady from Pasadena on the In Concert album.
Much less pantomime material.
silodweller
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 20, 2015, 05:49:30 AM »

Just because I've always loved the song and seeing as it was released in early 1970, I would love to have heard the guys cover the Johnny Mandel/Mike Altman composition"Suicide Is Painless".  I think a 1970 Carl Wilson lead vocal with backings from Brian and the rest would have sounded just wonderful...  add to that, Stephen Desper on the board with Carl and himself doing the final mix...  A sad song, I know but somehow I can already hear their young voices soaring in the chorus. 

"Carl broke his cigarette over his G string, we're sorry..."
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 23, 2016, 09:48:26 PM »

Supertramp - "Goodbye Stranger". Never heard it before, it was on the "radio of Russia" yesterday. modern day Brian falsetto with Scott Bennett lead. David does bluesy guitar solo, Al whistling.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
kwebb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: February 24, 2016, 03:34:58 AM »

I could see Bruce getting everyone to do a cover version of Silly Love Songs in the late 70's. Not an 11 minute Disco epic though.
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 24, 2016, 04:41:33 AM »

Matthews Southern Comforts version of "Woodstock" would have been beautiful with the boys harmony, maybe even a "Meant for You" style vocal from Mike in the verses  Cheesy
KDS
« Reply #392 on: February 24, 2016, 05:33:11 AM »

It's a pretty recent song, but I'd love to hear a BB  or BW cover of David Gilmour's On an Island. 

Speaking of Floyd, maybe even a cover of Goodbye Blue Sky from The Wall. 
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: February 24, 2016, 05:48:33 AM »

Matthews Southern Comforts version of "Woodstock" would have been beautiful with the boys harmony, maybe even a "Meant for You" style vocal from Mike in the verses  Cheesy

Great one! Love that song/version. It would've fit nicely on Carl & The Passions: So Tough.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #394 on: February 24, 2016, 06:21:43 AM »

Paul & Linda McCartney's "Dear Boy" from 1971's RAM lp with a lead by Carl and of course those glorious BB group vocals.

Let' go even further than that, I've been listening to Ram a lot lately, what a genius album! It would've been amazing if the Beach Boys covered the entire album some time shortly after it's release. Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey has this great SMiLE-esque format, imagine Brian arranging his own version of it! And don't even get me started on Long Haired Lady and The Back Seat of My Car!

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: February 24, 2016, 04:17:33 PM »

Jan & Dean's Girl You're Blowin My Mind! Would have been a good fit on maybe wild honey or 20/20!
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 24, 2016, 04:37:13 PM »

Dang, now I want to hear a version of Back Seat of My Car.

Full group: "But listen to her daddy's song..."
Brian falsetto: "Don't stay out too long"
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 25, 2016, 04:09:20 AM »

A real fun song from the 60's....Watusi! About the dance itself. The song would play well for a joint lead between Al, Mike and Carl.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 08, 2016, 04:23:48 AM »

It would fit if Carl and/or Blondie sang "Strawberry letter 23". Carl I mean of the late 70s.
"Yellow River" by Christie - Al.
"Louise", Paul Revere & The Raiders - Mike.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 23, 2016, 06:58:28 AM »

Catchy tune like "Bucket T" by Jan & Dean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOuu9IB_gY  (M & B)

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx