gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 04:20:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Life's A Beach and CITOP: What, Where, Why, How, and When?  (Read 2949 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 02:42:11 AM »

This, friends, is a most sensitive topic. It has come to my attention that some people released several recordings of a certain group, and said recordings are, as we scientists say, in statu nascendi, so: not finalised.

Disclaimer: I, the Don, am not in the slightest interested in these recordings, and moreover, I wish that the above people would be given a strong whipping in public and on live TV for the despicable act described above.

For purely academical reasons, I would like to know something about the provenance of the recordings in question, and about their historical and entertainment value.

I am certainly not requiring anyone to send me an example of said recordings, and should someone announce him/herself at my front door, with such an unwanted example, my well-trained dog will perform a finely-tuned assault on that offender.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Jason
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:45:11 AM »

For what it's worth, they're basically Andrew Doe's timeline in audio form. And not pulled off too well. Errors all over. Shoddy packaging. Great music. Don't find it. Don't like it. Don't listen to it, lest ye be gutted, decapitated, castrated, and violated by the PTB.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 10:35:02 AM »

For what it's worth, they're basically Andrew Doe's timeline in audio form. And not pulled off too well. Errors all over. Shoddy packaging. Great music. Don't find it. Don't like it. Don't listen to it, lest ye be gutted, decapitated, castrated, and violated by the PTB.

Hehe... nicely phrased! Of course I will abstain totally, just like I abstain from sex.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Paulos
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 10:43:47 AM »

I asked about Life's A Beach the other day and as Mr Moderator has said it's an attempt to put all Beach Boys music, be it sessions, unreleased songs and offically released songs, in a coherent timeline. From what AGD has confirmed the guy putting them out is using SOT, Dumb Angel and anything else he can lay his hands on. I'm really enjoying the series but I cannot vouch for how accurate the timeline is. As for shoddy packaging that's just unfair, I think the packaging is great!

DISCLAIMER

All the above is of course a lie as I would never listen to or download music of dubios origin nor would I print off the artwork and stack all the releases nicely together with my offical Beach Boys stuff.
Jason
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

I've been working on my own little "Life's a Beach" set for the better part of six years and it's been a bitch of a thing to put together, thanks to new bits of info and/or music coming out seemingly every day. The Life's a Beach set is very haphazard, very thrown together, no rhyme or reason. When I say I could do a better job, I mean it. And I did do a better job. Smiley
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:41:56 PM »

Does anyone else feel like organizing your collection is a full time job

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:23:54 PM »

If you have the SOT and Dumb Angel series, you already have the "Life's a Bitch" series. My first thoughts about the later are that there are holes in it. Good stuff missing that shoulda been included, i.e. the "I Do" sessions.

The guy who put his own impressive series together was/is Jason Pennick. The Beach Boys Complete - Deluxe Editions of each Beach Boys album/era. He hasn't put out a new one lately - I think he's up to the Party! album. Outstanding job on that.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 06:35:12 PM »

A little birdy once told me that the Life's A Beach series is in mp3 only. Um..., no thank you. Think I'll pass  Wink

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 06:37:48 PM »

A little birdy once told me that the Life's A Beach series is in mp3 only. Um..., no thank you. Think I'll pass  Wink

You have learned well, young Jedi Master.  Jedi Duel
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 06:45:13 PM »

Why did I just get an image of Arlo Guthrie at Woodstock, saying "I was rapping to the fuzz"?  police

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx