gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:57:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Not Fade Away"  (Read 3290 times)
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:45:54 PM »

I recently recorded a cover of Buddy Holly's "Not Fade Away".  That's me on vocals and my friend Jim Nalty who did everything else.  Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q9EBRDp1r4

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 10:00:22 AM »

Me being a rock'n'roll fanatic, I can relate to this stuff very good. Like your vocals very much. Kinda don't like the drums (programmed?) and backgroundvocals that much but the guitar is good. It's lacking a little bit of deepnes imo, but I'll listen to it again, it's fun

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 07:55:36 AM »

Me being a rock'n'roll fanatic, I can relate to this stuff very good. Like your vocals very much. Kinda don't like the drums (programmed?) and backgroundvocals that much but the guitar is good. It's lacking a little bit of deepnes imo, but I'll listen to it again, it's fun

Thanks...yeah my friend didn't have a drumkit and was using one of those cheesy digital kits.  Had I produced the thing, I probably would have gone for a more "earthy" production.  Had a lot of fun with the vocals though.  

I've posted this before, but here is my cover of "Twenty Flight Rock":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxLAiO11nfk
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 07:57:24 AM by Awesoman » Logged

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 07:45:54 PM »

I guess I like this even better (probably didn't see this the first time around). I'm not a fan of that slap-back on vocals but that's just my taste of course. Sounds very cool !!

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
richardsnow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »

You don't need a drum kit for Not Fade Away. The crickets used a cardboard box! ;-)

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx