gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:11:00 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bruce's Contributions to BB So Tough - Love you  (Read 3627 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2006, 12:29:37 PM »

alright, we all know he was working on 10 years of harmony on the what was the begining era of So Tough, I dont think he did anything else on the record. Really not sure if he did anything for Holland. I know he sang backing on Susie Cincinatti & Just Once in my Life...played piano on blueberry hill; i believe that's it. On Love you, all i know of is backing on I'll bet he's nice....And as for MIU, i know he wasnt on any of that. -justin

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 12:33:05 PM »

He was on “California Feelin’”…..

Bruce sings on “I’ll Bet He’s Nice”? I did not know that. I don’t detect him. I only hear the Wilson Brothers.
Uncomfortable Seat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 12:55:37 PM »

I've read that he sang on California

"There's one thing I do that's kind of a personal thing -- I tell jokes sometimes which are corny, which are outright stupid, and bomb. That, to me, is funny when nobody laughs."
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 03:08:49 PM »

He was on “California Feelin’”…..

Bruce sings on “I’ll Bet He’s Nice”? I did not know that. I don’t detect him. I only hear the Wilson Brothers.

You can hear him in the background at the end...

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 05:50:07 PM »

Bruce has said he sang on "Marcella" and was present at the tracking sessions for "Mess of Help" and the outtake "Rooftop Harry".  Well actually, for the latter song, there is a very in-depth description of the session by the engneer on some website...when asked about it I'm not sure Bruce had any recollection of it other than they'd probably been at a club enjoying some Zombies before heading to the session...

On "Holland", they "snuck" him back in the studio (in L.A., after their return to the States) to sing backup on Part Three of the "Saga".

Regarding "California Feelin'", Bruce has said he's on "a couple of Beach Boy versions", likely meaning the 1974/75 original, and of course the "L.A." outtake that has been bootlegged (you clearly hear him on the chorus), but not the American Spring version.

On "I'll Bet He's Nice", Bruce is best heard on the tag: "Well it's you / you".  He's also on "Good Time" ("Sunflower" outtake).

He has said "MIU" is the only album they made after his departure that he is not on. 

C-Man
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 06:33:10 PM »

Thanks for the info on Bruce' participation on the 70's albums. It has always been a mystery to me what he was doing with the band during the 70's recordings...

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 08:43:57 PM »

i love his part on IBHN..."Well it's Youuu.." i love that...you can just tell it's him, that sweet brucy voice

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2006, 09:41:56 PM »

bruce has a great voice and I think hes got the best and most upfront non-bullshit personality out of he whole band (along with Carl, who im sure had his moments)

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx