gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:51:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson & Diane Rovell  (Read 36294 times)
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2010, 12:18:36 PM »

Well, of course I'd like to here this too now. Please help Me out!
jackstar74
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2010, 07:38:20 PM »

Very interesting to listen to. I've been a fan of the Spring album for many years (and a Brian fan as well). So many portions of it sound as if they were recorded over other sections of "interview". Must HAVE been some cocaine going on. With the exception of Marilyn of course (who is asleep the entire time).

My guess is cocaine and some raunchy funny business. Very interesting definitly weird!
mtaber
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2010, 07:49:27 PM »

Since the whole "send me a PM" thing is so ridiculously obvious, I suggest a more subtle code system...

If you want someone to send you something like the "Brian Wilson Speaks With And About Spring" material, just say "My, isn't that a fine kettle of fish!" 

None will be the wiser...
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2010, 07:55:31 PM »

Bootlegs!!  Young people these days, no discretion!  No decency!  No respect for copyrights!  Why, I ought to write the Prime Minister!!  I would certainly appreciate a message like that... 
jimmyboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »

Could it be that Marilyn KNEW about any possible shenanigans between Brian and Diane. Maybe she inherited her parents liberalism and was glad  Brain at least kept in in the family,
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2010, 10:36:05 PM »

mmm, those Rovell sisters...they're something else....Marilyn to this day looks great...Diane, not so much.   angel

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 05, 2010, 10:48:29 PM »

Could it be that Marilyn KNEW about any possible shenanigans between Brian and Diane. Maybe she inherited her parents liberalism and was glad  Brain at least kept it in the family.

And all that liberalism allowed Brian to love all three Rovell sisters and even marry one when she was 16 years old!  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
MBE
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2010, 01:59:51 AM »

The 1971 tape he sounds like the old Brian
The 1973 he is coughing a lot but his voice still is smooth
The 1974 his mannerisms sound more like the 1976 Brian but he still isn't all that raspy.
In 1976 there was such a rasp and lack of breath but yes you can hear him slowly changing from 1971-76.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2010, 02:07:05 AM »

Oh dear, hopefully Marilyn never heard that! Brian Wilson might be the worlds worst flirt, though.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 06, 2010, 06:16:26 AM »

Can someone Pleasantly Make sure I hear this?  Roll Eyes
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 06, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »

I live about halfway between the International Date Line and the Prime Meridian.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 06, 2010, 10:04:16 AM »

That's nice.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2010, 10:23:33 AM »

It's ironic hearing Brian talking about Marilyn losing weight when Brian himself would bloat up pretty badly not too long after the interview.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2010, 12:26:46 PM »

Yeah that 74 interview is quite interesting. I mean, not the content so much. But the voice yeah, you really do hear parts of the early smooth Brian and the later raspy Brian. And really thinkin' about it. I have to admit that the '74 version of Ding Dang doesn't TOTALLY sound like the guy we'd gotten to hear in the 12 proceeding years. The falsetto was a little more "The Night Was So Young" and "She's Got Rhythm" then "Don't Worry Baby" or even "Awake". But yeah, all this, plus the fact that it just sounds awesome, is the reason I need to hear the '74 California Feelin, along with Lucy Jones.

By the way, I'm just gonna cut the sh*t, can anybody make the '73 interview available for me to hear it. Please? For Me?
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2010, 05:27:06 PM »

I'd also definitely enjoy listening to "Brian Wilson Talks With and About Spring" in the AM or the PM!

Quincy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2010, 05:57:20 AM »

me 3 please!!
Vega-Table Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2010, 06:26:51 AM »

I too am Pretty Much desperate to hear this.
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2010, 08:59:24 AM »

If I don't get to hear this, I might have to smoke some Pall Mall cigarettes... with my friend Percy Matthews. People Make mistakes all the the time, so I'm allowed one! Pop Me in the mouth if you don't like it. After all, Plateaus Melt. Platypus Menagerie!

- B00ts
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2010, 11:23:10 AM »

Would you guys like tissues for your issues?

AndTheSprinklerWentOn
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 20, 2010, 12:06:58 AM »

New geezer here...been a longtime fan of the Beach Boys. So when I recently discovered American Spring..what a find!! I had no idea this would be so interesting and also really good stuff (though I knew Brian had recorded his wife and sister from BBoy bio's). So now- wonders of the web- I can listen to a long deleted album from them. Listening, Diane takes lead on only a couple of things- and I think this is consistent with whats said above. They actually seem to me to complement each other quite well vocally, Marilyns voice has been described as 'honky' by some but when she sings it has a good timbre..that cutting quality like Ronnie Spectors in some ways- maybe why Brian asserted she had a great voice, it is very good for singing. Her 'superstar' on that I prefer-with the tonal mid change- to karen carpenters-tho both are excellent. Dianes voice- perfect for what she sung- that 'Fallin In Love'- beautiiful...she could sing that in my ear anyday. Its kind of. a very sensual voice she sung with on that. Nice 'husky' quality to it.

OK...the Diane Brian 'sex/flirt tapes'...any chance of Perhaps Mending my lack of same? It would be interesting, very much so. Theres some smile session tapes already up on utube, intersting, and also the 37 dirty jokes with Carol Kaye and Diane and Brian available for download..but this Diane+Brian thing I have not come across before nor heard. So, Perhaps I Might be lucky enough if some kind sole reads this .

Brian clearly worked alot with Diane..she was quite prolific in writing, so its understandable, erm..if youre having to work with a sister in law who happens to look drop dead gorgeous...that...well, Im sure we've all done that at some time......ahem.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2010, 04:13:32 AM »

New geezer here...been a longtime fan of the Beach Boys. So when I recently discovered American Spring..what a find!! I had no idea this would be so interesting and also really good stuff (though I knew Brian had recorded his wife and sister from BBoy bio's). So now- wonders of the web- I can listen to a long deleted album from them. Listening, Diane takes lead on only a couple of things- and I think this is consistent with whats said above. They actually seem to me to complement each other quite well vocally, Marilyns voice has been described as 'honky' by some but when she sings it has a good timbre..that cutting quality like Ronnie Spectors in some ways- maybe why Brian asserted she had a great voice, it is very good for singing. Her 'superstar' on that I prefer-with the tonal mid change- to karen carpenters-tho both are excellent. Dianes voice- perfect for what she sung- that 'Fallin In Love'- beautiiful...she could sing that in my ear anyday. Its kind of. a very sensual voice she sung with on that. Nice 'husky' quality to it.

OK...the Diane Brian 'sex/flirt tapes'...any chance of Perhaps Mending my lack of same? It would be interesting, very much so. Theres some smile session tapes already up on utube, intersting, and also the 37 dirty jokes with Carol Kaye and Diane and Brian available for download..but this Diane+Brian thing I have not come across before nor heard. So, Perhaps I Might be lucky enough if some kind sole reads this .

Brian clearly worked alot with Diane..she was quite prolific in writing, so its understandable, erm..if youre having to work with a sister in law who happens to look drop dead gorgeous...that...well, Im sure we've all done that at some time......ahem.

unfortunately, she doesn't look that gorgeous any more...Marilyn looks better than Diane does now.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
AndTheSprinklerWentOn
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 20, 2010, 04:59:50 AM »

[/quote]

unfortunately, she doesn't look that gorgeous any more...Marilyn looks better than Diane does now.
[/quote]

Well, maybe, but theres a video on the tube from 2008, The Honeys (including Ginger) singing 'I Can Hear Music', Diane is in the middle. Marilyn looks well I agree, but so very much does Dianne in that, though there are some photos (Dennis Wilson bash)  where her age is showing..but they were actually prior the video..(which was 2008 I think) . maybe the inevitable Bel Air facelift/cosmetic maintenance surgery has occured recently for her? 
[Thing is, women from California, esp' with connections to entertainment...when I was there I walked round Malibu, and above 35, say, they all look 'about 35', if they werent young teenagers or clearly young women in their twenties; & all whiteish blond hair, pony tails usually for some reason..I swear-this struck me- there appeared to be no 'old looking women' as they used to be known...(cardigans, wrinkles, bad hips, sagging bits etc etc). Oh to be a cosmetic surgeon in Malibu/LA...worth a bloody fortune !!]

You have to admit though (?), in the timespan involved at the time of the 'sex/flirt tape' (73?), Dianne was a bit of a cracker ! (and Marilyn was no bag of spanners either- always had sexy eyes I thought. Still has. Carnie inherited her moms gorgeous eyes though not the figure-she got Brians metabolism I think!).

So, anyone want to Pluck My partridge?....(errr ..is this acronym -PM- thing  too old now?...I'd really appreciate someone who could maybe point me to a download of the audio of the Brian/Dianne thing, if at all possible.)
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 20, 2010, 06:03:06 AM »

Somebody around here is sure long-winded!

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: October 20, 2010, 06:04:26 AM »

Diane appeared several times in Carnie's latest piece of shameless self-promotion/money grabbing slice of reality TV and it has to be said, a whole bunch of folk who post here went "oh my".

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 20, 2010, 06:19:06 AM »

I watched that.  Yeah, I was very surprised too.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx