gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681020 Posts in 27627 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 12:17:11 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson & Diane Rovell  (Read 36421 times)
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2010, 03:11:34 PM »

Hey guys, who wants to calm down with some TM In the AM and the PMLOL

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2010, 03:23:42 PM »

Anyone care to send me a Personal Message?  Cheesy

One of the funniest things I've seen on here in about 2 years. 
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2010, 03:39:25 PM »

I wish I could have Pre-Menstrual syndrome.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
jackstar74
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2010, 05:22:47 PM »

I was very tired after crossing the Prime Meridian.
mtaber
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2010, 08:01:23 PM »

That photo of Brian with the Mickey Mouse shirt standing there with Marilyn and Diane is one of my favorites of all-time...
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »

PM, please?  Grin

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 08:45:19 PM »

Don't Talk Put Your Head On My Shoulder
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 09:46:02 PM »

That photo of Brian with the Mickey Mouse shirt standing there with Marilyn and Diane is one of my favorites of all-time...

Yeah, mine too.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 10:22:29 PM »

Oh, Please let Me Wonder no more what this recording is all about...  Smiley
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:23:54 PM by Ganz Allein » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 10:30:30 PM »

This is a very interesting recording.  Listen to about 4:25 to 4:30. "The thing that we did tonight, the ugh...um...the, ah...".  Grin
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 10:31:34 PM by Jay » Logged

jeffcdo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »

Porpoises and Manatees! (please!)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 01:48:56 AM by jeffcdo » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2010, 10:33:33 PM »

I'm listening to this right now as I type. Why do I get the distinct feeling that they were actually recording this from a bed?  Grin

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2010, 11:48:09 PM »

Interesting recording. This was done in '71 apparently, and heres a few of the vibes I get from it...

-He felt very proud of Spring and saw great things in them. Even into the late 80s or maybe even the 90s he would say things like how great a singer he thought Marilyn was, and so I think this was a project he really cared about. However, I think his interest was fleeting at this point and he would move from one thing to the next quite a bit, meaning the Spring album only got a bit of attention from him, just as the BB's albums at that time did (SU, CATP, Holland). I don't think he held anything against these projects, I just think post-SMiLE he just got bored easily. And then onto my next opinion.

-This was late night cheerfulness, when youre full of hope and big plans and somewhat delirious. He seemed to be on a real high (maybe literally and figuratively and was very positive about the group and what they were doing, but I wouldn't doubt he woke up the next afternoon without a care about it. Thats definitely something I can relate to. I don't really wanna bore you all with stories, but I have a musical project with my buddy, and I can be up all night working on a track, only to find the next day, I'm bored with it, and won't bother with it again for a while, if it all. And I think basically that is what Brian became after Sunflower or so. He would come up with the raw goods, but it just wouldn't hold his interest, and he would drift.

-Brian still considered himself a Beach Boy, I think it kinda rejects the David Leaf notion that he didn't wanna be in the group anymore after like Sunflower and Surf's Up. I think at least until the mid 90's he wanted to be part of the group, as evidenced by him wanting to produce them by the late 80s/early-mid 90s.  He still used words like we (I think) and whatnot when referring to them on this little tape, and thats just my two cents on that.

Just my opinion on this. I know I'm reading too much into it, but just listening to him and hearing him, and thinkin about his life at that point, I just get these vibes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2010, 01:06:19 AM »

Interesting recording. This was done in '71 apparently,

Night of October 8th/9th, after the session for the first single.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
harveyw
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2010, 01:27:08 AM »

Have being trying to find this for years. Any chance someone could send me a Personal Message?
Thanks.
MBE
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2010, 01:59:51 AM »

It's one of the last ones where he looks like his original self. It's hard to explain it better then that.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2010, 02:36:44 AM »

Brian sounds puzzled when Diane brings up Dean Torrence re-recording "Vegetables"... "Vegetables?"
He seemed to be quite comfortable being "the producer" without being questioned. Diane clearly was in awe of being privileged to work with him.

Can you imagine this guy digging his own grave in the backyard? He doesn't sound too "out of it" in this recording.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 02:40:15 AM by phirnis » Logged
RollPlymouthRock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2010, 03:07:52 AM »

So Steve Desper was essentially a co-producer & Ginger went to Las Vegas to sing hence why the Honey's broke up although brian doesn't know the story behind it. Does anyone know the story behind why she left?
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2010, 03:22:56 AM »

If you want to know about Brian Wilson's relationship with Diane Rovell in the early 70's, just listen to the promo "Brian Wilson Talks With and About Spring". 

Just listening to Diane's voice in that tape gives me a Woodrow.  Grin

Please PM me with info on how to find that recording. I have been searching a long time for it!

Please Put Me On The Guest List...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2010, 04:50:17 AM »

So Steve Desper was essentially a co-producer & Ginger went to Las Vegas to sing hence why the Honey's broke up although brian doesn't know the story behind it. Does anyone know the story behind why she left?

Sure... Capitol dropped The Honeys after three singles, their Warner's single also missed, so with Marilyn marrying Brian and Diane being Brian's contractor, Ginger had to make a living. They 'reunited' for a final Capitol 45 in 1969, but essentially it was all done by early summer 1964.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2010, 06:54:23 AM »

If someone could PM I'd be very appreciative...  Grin

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2010, 03:05:34 PM »

Thanks, random stranger! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 04:24:25 PM by O » Logged
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2010, 04:30:06 PM »

Again???  Damn, O, you want everything!!!  Grin

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2010, 05:12:36 PM »

Well, I'm apparently nowhere near as well versed in BBs history as most of y'all, nor do I have as massive a collection as a lot of you seem to have, sooo...

I'm pretty sure I heard an excerpt of this from a YouTube video that was uploaded a while ago combining... "Tennessee Waltz" with "Sweet Mountain", I think? It's nice to hear all of it, even if it's a little underwhelming, haha. Someone can page me when the Brian-Diane sex tape comes out! LOL
mtaber
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2010, 05:15:48 PM »

O - you mean you don't have the Brian-Diane sex tape yet?  You ARE out of the loop!!!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx