gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 01:12:37 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys on sitcoms  (Read 3804 times)
mjforever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 17, 2012, 04:50:43 PM »

Having grown up in the 80's, for me the Beach Boys were brought into my life by Uncle Jesse and the gang from Full House. I know this means I am looked down on by the hardcore fans. I am wondering if there are any other appearances the Beach Boys made on sitcoms. Here is what I have seen.

Full House
1. Beach Boys Bingo (a classic!)
2. A marathon type ep. with only Mike Love
3. Forever ep. with Mike and Bruce

Home Improvement
Carl, Mike, Al, Bruce, and Matt.. This cameo was hilarious.

You Again?
This one is amazing. Crappy show but awesome appearance by our boys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY49qsNMlp0

Am I missing any others?

THANKS!  Smokin
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:06:05 PM »

T.J. Hooker in '82.

rn57
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 05:15:01 PM »

T.J. Hooker in '82.

Since it starred both William Shatner and Heather Locklear, Hooker had plenty of laughs....but it was not precisely a sitcom.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 05:21:09 PM »

T.J. Hooker in '82.

Since it starred both William Shatner and Heather Locklear, Hooker had plenty of laughs....but it was not precisely a sitcom.

Wasn't that only Carl, trying to re-enact in 1982 stage shots from their July 4th, 1980 show? I remember catching that years ago in a rerun on Nick at Nite or something, and it was hilarious thinking that a TV crew in 1982 had to study the 1980 footage and try to get Carl in the same clothes and with a similar stage background.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 05:23:13 PM »

I can't find a clip but Landy-era Brian made an appearance on the Leave it to Beaver reunion series.

Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 06:27:09 PM »

it was hilarious thinking that a TV crew in 1982 had to study the 1980 footage and try to get Carl in the same clothes and with a similar stage background.

The TJ Hooker production crew had a bigger problem in trying to match film to videotape -- a difference that was painfully obvious between the TV series and the 1980 BB footage.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 06:40:04 PM »

Did more to annihilate and demoralize the legititmacy of the band than any turban or other get up that Myke Luhv wore on stage.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 07:15:56 PM »

T.J. Hooker in '82.

Wasn't that only Carl, trying to re-enact in 1982 stage shots from their July 4th, 1980 show? I remember catching that years ago in a rerun on Nick at Nite or something, and it was hilarious thinking that a TV crew in 1982 had to study the 1980 footage and try to get Carl in the same clothes and with a similar stage background.

yeh, something like that.

DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 07:16:54 PM »

T.J. Hooker in '82.

alright. well, i never once laughed during any 'full house' episode.

SIP.FLAC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 08:01:22 PM »

Whether its actually Stamos on the drums in that clip, those drums on California Girls are mighty powerful.

Youre not allowed to have a picture in your signature so imagine this : Tony Montana shooting a machine gun (his little friend), but the face is actually Mike Love haha.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 11:08:45 PM »

I can't find a clip but Landy-era Brian made an appearance on the Leave it to Beaver reunion series.
I have that one. He played the music teacher Mr. Hawthorne.
Craig Feldspar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 12:31:00 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j0Dom1mUM

Actually, this performance is pretty good! I don't think I had heard LDC acapella before!
Zargo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 03:03:42 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6j0Dom1mUM

Actually, this performance is pretty good! I don't think I had heard LDC acapella before!

Great, thanks for that! Remember seeing that when it was first on here... Mike scored himself the most lines (big surprise there), and it's nice to see Matt Jardine there rather than just a falsetto from nowhere.

Home improvement was a good show for an American sitcom.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 03:54:15 AM »

Baywatch. Not really a sitcom though....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx