gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:26:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: dear touring beach boys mike love extravaganza  (Read 1360 times)
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2010, 08:25:01 AM »

can we please tone down the constant john stamos advertisement/banter.. i think mentioning him 6 times is more than enough. 

love,
brooklyn
paterno4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 12:00:14 PM »

Regardless of Mike's crush on Uncle Jesse, Stamos has still done a lot for the band commercially and has provided good advertisement for their tunes.
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 03:10:30 PM »

That is ridiculous!  I saw the Westbury show on Friday night, and there was no "over play" of John Stamos and if anything, he brought a lot to the table, in terms of his great Beach Boys connection.  He sat at Bruce Johnston's keyboard and played Dennis Wilson's "Forever" while Bruce joined the stage line with a hand mike. 

Stamos' first comments were something like, "Where would we all be without the music of the Beach Boys?" It brought thunderous applause when he mentioned Dennis, Carl and Brian  Wilson.  It brought out a lot of young people alongside their parents and grandparents enjoying the show together.  Stamos played the drums, bongos, guitar and keyboard...He did not "show anyone up" and if anything was a real team player, and there was lots of banter, laughter and the band had at least as much fun as the audience. 

Saturday night Stamos wore a vintage Beach Boys 1981 t-shirt...and brought a special needs girl who was wearing a John Stamos "Uncle Jesse" t-shirt to sing with him and Bruce, and wrapped his guitar around her so it looked as if she was playing the guitar.  I have more respect than ever for someone so kind as he.  It is not the first time I saw him do that for some of the many special needs population who love the Beach Boys and come to the shows.  It says a lot about the kind of person he is.

Mike Love can sing his praises till the cows come home.  Stamos deserves it.  He may be recognized as a big star but his heart is just as big and Stamos is not "too big" to be kind to the special needs folks and give them a great memory of being on stage with the band.  Bravo John Stamos!         
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx