gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
639044 Posts in 25538 Topics by 3626 Members - Latest Member: Julia October 22, 2018, 03:49:46 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Specific Beach Boys Musical Moment That Is Kicking Your Ass Right Now  (Read 77313 times)
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna join?

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: February 27, 2018, 10:21:29 PM »

"Barnyard" animal speech bits. The BWPS show performance is hilarious.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Frightful Bulldog Wrinkly Mug Club's Band

Fabulous people can be divided into 3 categories - cat fans, dog fans, people fans. Just people can be divided into 3 categories - people fans, dog fans, cat fans.
mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: February 28, 2018, 07:05:40 AM »

"Dawn, bird's still gone, guess I'll go, mow the lawn". 

Possibly the greatest line of all time...
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

pugnacious arrogance is outta here for good.

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: February 28, 2018, 07:21:53 AM »

"Dawn, bird's still gone, guess I'll go, mow the lawn". 

Possibly the greatest line of all time...
That's one of my favorites. I've often thought this line from Cabinessence was genius. "I want to watch you windblown facing waves of wheat for your embracing". Some genuine poetry going on there and it paints an incredible scene.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
wjcrerar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: February 28, 2018, 08:58:12 AM »

The fact that the harmonium/harmonica break in the Cabin Essence verses is a variation on the Heroes and Villains flutter horn melody, I listened to that so many times thinking it sounded familiar before it clicked

Smile's the gift that keeps on giving
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: February 28, 2018, 10:18:27 AM »

...The Wind Chimes fragment from Sunshine Tomorrow. Perfection.

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: February 28, 2018, 04:58:29 PM »

...The Wind Chimes fragment from Sunshine Tomorrow. Perfection.
Yep, said the same in ST review thread. Smiley fans think alike. 3D

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Fabulous people can be divided into 3 categories - cat fans, dog fans, people fans. Just people can be divided into 3 categories - people fans, dog fans, cat fans.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 10, 2018, 03:25:16 PM »

The live version of Wild Honey on MIC.  I donít have any words to express how good this is. 
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 11, 2018, 11:46:53 AM »

The live version of Wild Honey on MIC.  I donít have any words to express how good this is. 

Yep, it is rather damn good however I wish the theremin was louder in the mix.
Believe me, the version on the original proposed single 'In Concert' LP release is even better, complete with some super space age synth parts - Mind blowing stuff
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 11, 2018, 05:16:20 PM »

Believe me, the version on the original proposed single 'In Concert' LP release is even better, complete with some super space age synth parts - Mind blowing stuff

Where did you hear it at?  I would love to hear the original In Concert.
marcella27
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 11, 2018, 06:10:54 PM »

I would LOVE to hear it!
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

Hear my music!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #685 on: March 11, 2018, 07:42:31 PM »

BW's vocals on "Love Is Here to Stay" from the Gershwin LP. It's his most emotive and playful lyric since the '70s. He definitely put a lot of effort into this one, prob because it was a big one for the Freshmen.

I hear some tuning, but it doesn't bother me much because the performance itself is so good.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:15 AM »

I would LOVE to hear it!

I really wish I owned it, as I would certainly share - I was played the whole LP by someone who shall remain nameless on a visit to the West Coast in the early 2000's
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 12, 2018, 11:34:15 AM »

Carl's guitar intro for Fun, Fun, Fun. I mean, nothing clever there but it rocks!

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 12, 2018, 05:57:25 PM »

The BBs took Chuck Berry's ideas in "Sweet Little Sixteen" to "Surfin' USA". They modified it with cool things, the end result being catchy bright ambitious smash hit. Bottom line? BBs = clever bunch. 3D police

RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 17, 2018, 10:59:57 PM »

Checking songs saved to flash drive, found "Beach Boys - Won't You Tell Me". It's really charming. I hear Brian, Mike, Carl (?). But no Al. His voice is distinct when it's there & when absent. BBs is vocal band & they sang many songs like this by mood. But the voices obscured here, is there smb. else singing? Maybe it's bad mix. Regardless, good song with splendid singing.

Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: May 25, 2018, 04:38:19 AM »

The powerful keyboard riff in Gettin' Hungry blows me away every time I hear it.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx