gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:16:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Specific Beach Boys Musical Moment That Is Kicking Your Ass Right Now  (Read 164677 times)
halblaineisgood
« Reply #300 on: August 04, 2012, 05:28:49 PM »

Tony Hatch's expert job in conjuring up the feel of God Only Knows
on Don't Sleep in The Subway. Just got the sweet mono 45 of that one!
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 24, 2012, 08:38:20 AM »

The slow chorus bit from Child Is father Of The Man. This is my all time favourite 25 seconds of music by anyone, ever.

I wish they'd featured it twice in the new TSS mix. It's just over way too quickly.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 24, 2012, 08:41:16 AM »

Simply awed by the new stereo 'Whistle In'
Backing vocals are so clear and beautiful!
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 24, 2012, 08:44:57 AM »

That opening harmony in Deirdre. Pure magic.

I like it too - but you know that it's a wall of Bruces, right?

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:07 AM »

The opening harmony of "Deirdre" kicks my ass the most when sampled here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmPDu-_FYR4

Don't get me wrong, it kicks my ass as is, too.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: October 24, 2012, 09:53:30 AM »

"Deirdre " = best thing Bruce ever did.

Apart from this of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sVvLBp6XmTM#t=79s
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: October 24, 2012, 10:06:07 AM »

Apart from this of course: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=sVvLBp6XmTM#t=79s

lolololololololol

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 24, 2012, 10:41:21 AM »

Agreed!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 24, 2012, 06:35:04 PM »

Just listened to the last 25 seconds of Please Let me Wonder..then a tear rolled down my cheek, that's how beautiful it is to me.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 25, 2012, 06:38:15 AM »

Just listened to the last 25 seconds of Please Let me Wonder..then a tear rolled down my cheek, that's how beautiful it is to me.

I'm with you on that, Buddy!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: October 25, 2012, 11:08:58 AM »

I'm digging the single version of "It's OK", I like how slightly sped up it is and the synth bass seems a bit more prominent too. The "find a ride" tag is rad...
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »

Smiley It's easily in my top 5 Beach Boys song..the timing,vocals and instrumentation on that track is unbelievable. (It feels like it's not even real like it's a song that would be in my dreams or something.)
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:30 PM »

Smiley It's easily in my top 5 Beach Boys song..the timing,vocals and instrumentation on that track is unbelievable. (It feels like it's not even real like it's a song that would be in my dreams or something.)

I think it's in my top 3.
Today! is my favorite album besides Pet Sounds.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 26, 2012, 12:01:32 AM »

What is your top 5? Smiley Likewise..Today is very slept on..It's right under Pet Sounds and above Smile. (Imo)
It's the perfect mix ..It has it's hits & ballads..something to dance to and something to make love to.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 26, 2012, 12:18:21 AM »

What is your top 5? Smiley Likewise..Today is very slept on..It's right under Pet Sounds and above Smile. (Imo)
It's the perfect mix ..It has it's hits & ballads..something to dance to and something to make love to.

*Until "Bull Session" comes on... Grin ...unless you saw the title some other way.... Wink

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 26, 2012, 12:33:29 AM »

*Until "Bull Session" comes on... Grin ...unless you saw the title some other way.... Wink
I forgot about that crap..It didn't even get the chance to make it to my BB playlist..... Tongue I actually pretend like if they never made that along with most of their songs post Sunflower songs.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 26, 2012, 06:31:39 AM »

5. Surf's Up
4. Good Vibrations
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. God Only Knows
1. Wouldn't it Be Nice

That's probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It seems to be changing all the time.

- Dr. Seuss
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 26, 2012, 10:49:37 AM »

Just listened Cabinessence loud on speakers (instead of headphones) with the bass boosted. And it kicked my ass from here to there and back again?

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2012, 10:54:23 AM »

Just listened Cabinessence loud on speakers (instead of headphones) with the bass boosted. And it kicked my ass from here to there and back again?

I remember getting the Mojo single and playing it for the first time and the whole room vibrating.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 26, 2012, 09:59:19 PM »

5. Surf's Up
4. Good Vibrations
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. God Only Knows
1. Wouldn't it Be Nice

That's probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. It seems to be changing all the time.
I know how you feel it's hard for me to pick a top 10 so imagine a top 5  Tongue
my list goes like this...

5. Surfer Girl
4. The Night was so Young
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Caroline No
1. Wouldn't It be Nice
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2012, 09:20:58 PM »

I know how you feel it's hard for me to pick a top 10 so imagine a top 5  Tongue

5. Surfer Girl
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Caroline No
1. Wouldn't It be Nice
Let me give my Top-5 too.

1. At My Window
2. Sloop John B
3. Good to My Baby
4. Help Me, Rhonda
5. Cabinessence
Very eclectic list Smiley
The outro to Cabinessence had to be one of the best outros ever recorded..the way it builds up while it fades away is just magical.
Good to My Baby is one of my mom's favorites.  Grin
I'm very surprised you put At My Window number 1 ..it's such a slept on song that many skip through..it's one of their 70's gems.
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 28, 2012, 03:15:36 AM »

5. Surfer Girl
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Caroline No
1. Wouldn't It be Nice

1. At My Window
2. Sloop John B
3. Good to My Baby
4. Help Me, Rhonda
5. Cabinessence
The outro to Cabinessence had to be one of the best outros ever recorded..the way it builds up while it fades away is just magical.
I'm very surprised you put At My Window number 1 ..it's such a slept on song that many skip through..it's one of their 70's gems.
I also like your list, except for #4. Not to my taste, sorry.
You're right, Cabinessence's outro is what I like the best of the whole song.
Your mom's got good taste. What else she likes by The Beach Boys?
That's jolly cool you called At My Window one of The BBs' 70s gems! Can't disagree with that.
Thanks Smiley What is it about The Night Was So Young that you don't enjoy?
That's my favorite part as well ..when Mike keeps singing those repeating alliteration lines over and over again it almost feels like he's trying to hypnotize you with those words..then the beat keeps building (the horns come in) before it softly fades away it's almost like it's meant to play tricks on your mind and keep you wanting more but then it's gone.
She really does but she's really into mainstream Pop my dad is into all the experimental stuff..She listens to the Beatles,Beach Boys,Simon & Garfunkle and Elton John..He's more into Beach Boys (Pet Sounds/Smile), Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd,Nirvana,The Cure,Jimi Hendrix,The Doors,etc. How about yours?
Well it is .. I thought people on here would be raving about that beauty but it's still unsung..for the most part I can say it's one of my favorites on that album and their work from the 70's. I enjoy those obscure songs and this is one that needs more attention but the fact that it's lesser known makes it even more special to me. I'm content with it's status in their catalog. (A latent gem)
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 28, 2012, 05:13:44 AM »

5. Surf's Up
4. Good Vibrations
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. God Only Knows
1. Wouldn't it Be Nice

5. Surfer Girl
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Caroline No
1. Wouldn't It be Nice

5. Please Let Me Wonder
4. Please Let Me Wonder
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Please Let Me Wonder
1. Please Let Me Wonder
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 28, 2012, 06:58:37 AM »

5. Surfer Girl
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Caroline No
1. Wouldn't It be Nice

1. At My Window
2. Sloop John B
3. Good to My Baby
4. Help Me, Rhonda
5. Cabinessence
I also like your list, except for #4. Not to my taste, sorry.
You're right, Cabinessence's outro is what I like the best of the whole song.
Your mom's got good taste. What else she likes by The Beach Boys?
That's jolly cool you called At My Window one of The BBs' 70s gems! Can't disagree with that.
Thanks Smiley What is it about The Night Was So Young that you don't enjoy?
That's my favorite part as well ..when Mike keeps singing those repeating alliteration lines over and over again it almost feels like he's trying to hypnotize you with those words..then the beat keeps building (the horns come in) before it softly fades away it's almost like it's meant to play tricks on your mind and keep you wanting more but then it's gone.
She really does but she's really into mainstream Pop my dad is into all the experimental stuff..She listens to the Beatles,Beach Boys,Simon & Garfunkle and Elton John..He's more into Beach Boys (Pet Sounds/Smile), Led Zeppelin,Pink Floyd,Nirvana,The Cure,Jimi Hendrix,The Doors,etc. How about yours?
Well it is .. I thought people on here would be raving about that beauty but it's still unsung..for the most part I can say it's one of my favorites on that album and their work from the 70's. I enjoy those obscure songs and this is one that needs more attention but the fact that it's lesser known makes it even more special to me. I'm content with it's status in their catalog. (A latent gem)

Simon & Garfunkel are my third favorite artists, right behind the Beach Boys, and Bob Dylan.

- Dr. Seuss
Newguy562
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 28, 2012, 11:04:01 AM »

5. Surf's Up
4. Good Vibrations
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. God Only Knows
1. Wouldn't it Be Nice

5. Surfer Girl
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Caroline No
1. Wouldn't It be Nice

5. Please Let Me Wonder
4. Please Let Me Wonder
3. Please Let Me Wonder
2. Please Let Me Wonder
1. Please Let Me Wonder
You have great taste  Wink