gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:51:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike & Bruce at the Stanislaus County Fair - Turlock, California - 07/20/10  (Read 6340 times)
cwalter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 21, 2010, 10:04:34 PM »

Mike, Bruce & Company came through once again yesterday evening, as I was treated to yet another fantastic performance by the current band...

Here's the setlist:

Surfin' / Catch A Wave / Hawaii / Little Honda / Do It Again / Surf City / Surfin' Safari / Surfer Girl / Still Cruisin'
Don't Worry Baby / Little Deuce Coupe / 409 / Shut Down / I Get Around / So Young / Getcha Back / Darlin'
Why Do Fools Fall In Love? / When I Grow Up To Be A Man / Be True To Your School / God Only Knows
Good Vibrations / Then I Kissed Her / California Girls / Sloop John B / Wouldn't It Be Nice / Help Me Rhonda
Rock & Roll Music / Do You Wanna Dance / Barbara Ann / Surfing USA / Kokomo / Summertime Blues / Fun Fun Fun

The sound was great. The drum set was surrounded by a glass shield, not sure if that made a difference but the drums were very well defined in the mix and the playing was spot on.

As I've said many times before, if this group is nearby make sure you go out and see them. By the end of the show the whole crowd (2000?) was on its feat dancing and singing along.

So Bravo Mike & Bruce!  Please keep touring for as long as you can... 
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 03:29:10 AM »

Still Cruisin'

Maybe us fans should be a bit more specific when we ask for "a few rarities" in the set...  Grin
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx