gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:45:15 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A new interview/profile with/about Brian  (Read 1685 times)
Peter Ames Carlin
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2010, 07:56:42 AM »

Published in slightly different form in the Times of London last Friday (though I have yet to see actual evidence of that; the editor swears it's true, and he seems like a really nice guy). But now it's up on my website, so come and check it out...

http://www.peteramescarlin.com/node/162
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 08:15:28 AM »

Thank you Peter -

it makes for delightful reading! And to this reader it really brought some nice new details to the gestation story of BWRG.

(I'll have to wait until Sept 6 to hear it; and avoided hearing snippets up until now. Want to expose myself to the whole shebang in full, with a nice red wine.)

Again, cheers from the Don!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 08:59:40 AM »

Good piece. Captures Brian very well indeed.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 09:04:42 AM »

Good one, Peter.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 10:16:37 AM »

Nice article, except you had to go and call him tormented like everyone else. Not only that, but you also decided for yourself in that he had an "awful" life. Was this supposed to be a journalistic piece or an essay?
Surfing Moose
Smiley Smile Associate

violation of §12: failing to surf...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 10:27:00 AM »

Great article Peter, it was a pleasure reading it. Thanks.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 10:38:33 AM »

Thanks for sharing that interview, Peter. I had never heard about Brian and "Let It Be" before -- very interesting.

Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 10:52:35 AM »

Great article. We know Brian can be very fickle and can change his perspective over and over but if he really wants no part of the reunion then I hope nobody forces him into doing so.  An unmotivated Brian is not a pretty sight.........

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 02:14:26 PM »

Great article - I really enjoyed it, and great to know that Brian was o engaged in this.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 04:44:54 PM »

"I don't think I'd get involved in a tribute," he says. "It's like, let the past be."

We will see next year I guess but every solo concert or album has a nod to his Beach Boys past including the multi layer vocals on BWRG.  Brian comes across as the most sensible on the reunion idea with the above 'get out of jail' quote.  
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:45:54 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx