gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:59:43 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Summer Love Songs

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Summer Love Songs  (Read 8457 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« on: July 19, 2010, 02:17:36 AM »

Discuss, review and rate Summer Love Songs, released May 2009.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 04:58:34 AM »

For the material alone, I'd have to give it a five. But I'm more handing the five to this compilation due to all the goodies on it. The only good stereo mix of "Don't Worry Baby". for starters. How about the piano intro and new mix for "Why Do Fools Fall in Love?" And that's just the first two tracks! Sure, there's the usuals. "Wouldn't it Be Old", "California Overused", "Help Me Get a Better Album", "God Only Knows (What I Wouldn't Do to Be on the Next One)". But, look. A new stereo mix to "Please Let Me Wonder" and "Kiss Me Baby" AND "I'm So Young"! They even included the original recording to "Lady/Fallin' In Love" Actually a Dennis solo, but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth. Seriously, some of this stuff is excellent with the new mixes and stuff. Easily worth the price of purchase, ESPECIALLY if you're a fan. Add "I Can Hear Music" and "Good Vibrations" and you've got a pretty good ballad compilation to woo newbies.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »

Wasn't a stereo mix of Kiss Me Baby released on the Endless Harmony disc?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Curtis Leon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 12:53:51 AM »

Wasn't a stereo mix of Kiss Me Baby released on the Endless Harmony disc?

I think there's a new one on here. It's better.
BiNNS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2013, 06:42:12 AM »

What's the story with the little extended intro to Why Do Fools Fall In Love? Did Brian write that? I can't seem to find it on any pre-BB's versions but I feel like I've heard that piece of music before.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2013, 07:35:35 PM »

What's the story with the little extended intro to Why Do Fools Fall In Love? Did Brian write that? I can't seem to find it on any pre-BB's versions but I feel like I've heard that piece of music before.
I believe it was found with other tapes/reels of multitrack for the Shut Down Vol 2 album, this how they released Don't Worry Baby on here. The story is really interesting, it's in Jon Stebbins' fab BB FAQ book, one of my top five fav BB books

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 10:20:50 PM »

4/5  Another fine collection with remasters + new stereo mixes.. Sounds great   Razz
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx