gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 06:30:35 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carl Wilson's "Youngblood" reissue in September  (Read 18603 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »

Do we know whether or not this album will be remastered?
According to the website, yes.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2010, 07:36:45 PM »

Just got an email from Amazon saying the release has been pushed back to November (that will teach me to preorder....).  Sad

GoogaMooga
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2010, 08:24:43 PM »

I bought both Japanese reissues when they were first released and have never seen or heard anything about US reissues until now, but I will get the new reissue of Youngblood for the bonus track single edit. And if they reissue Carl Wilson with bonus track(s), I'll get that as well.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2010, 12:15:02 PM »

Honestly, I think MIU is better than Carl's solo records...Heaven is great, What You Do To Me and Rockin' Around the World are tolerable...the rest... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Embarrassed Embarrassed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Cry Cry Cry Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2010, 12:31:40 PM »

yeah i can't say i'm a fan of carl's music, just sorta there for me. 
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2010, 02:01:36 PM »

Honestly, I think MIU is better than Carl's solo records...Heaven is great, What You Do To Me and Rockin' Around the World are tolerable...the rest... Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Embarrassed Embarrassed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Cry Cry Cry Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Rockin' Around The World?

Sounds like a nice little medley of Mike's "Runnin' Around The World" and Carl's "Rockin' All Over The World"... not sure if I want to hear that... Tongue

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2010, 09:57:46 PM »

I like most of his ballads and weirdly, I've grown to even enjoy some of the more 'rockin' numbers. I don't think they're genius...or even particularly good objectively, but they don't bother me. The Grammy will always suck though, except the part where the black chicks say "Who the hell do you think you are?' Rock.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2010, 10:53:57 AM »

Youngblood was, to me, more in line with the Carl rockers on the 85 BB album.  Almost as if they were to have been part of the same album at some point.  One More Night Alone stands among Carl's best work.  The first CW album was weak but for a couple of cuts.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2010, 11:41:59 AM »

I like most of his ballads and weirdly, I've grown to even enjoy some of the more 'rockin' numbers. I don't think they're genius...or even particularly good objectively, but they don't bother me. The Grammy will always suck though, except the part where the black chicks say "Who the hell do you think you are?' Rock.
Really? To me, "The Grammy" is one of, if not the best, uptempo Carl rockers.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2010, 09:34:02 PM »

Carl should've produced the albums himself

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2010, 11:16:28 PM »

I don't get why they didn't make this a two-fer, or at least have some outtakes.

the music prob doesn't warrant that sorta thing. unlike POB
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx