gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 04:23:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Other Solo Albums  (Read 4774 times)
Paulos
« on: July 18, 2010, 12:24:16 PM »

Is there any chance that we can have the following added 'Other Solo Albums'? Please?

David Marks - I Think About You Often
Al Jardine - A Postcard From California
Blondie Chaplin - Blondie Chaplin
Blondie Chaplin - Between Us

Also considering that The Flame album is in the Other Solo Albums section how about the two Moon albums, Without Earth and The Moon and also the Colours album Atmosphere?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 05:54:59 PM »

I've been requesting stuff for a while, I've taken my request as serious as a heartattack  Roll Eyes

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 06:41:50 PM »

I also think that 'Song Cycle' by Van Dyke Parks should be added. Maybe it is and I just need to open my eyes. If not though, it is a VERY underrated album that deserves some attention.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 07:00:53 PM »

But that thread is for (non-Brian) Beach Boys who did solo albums: Van Dyke doesn't fit the criteria. If you count him, you'd need to add other Beach Boys collaborators (of which there are many). I'd say that is a whole new subforum, if anything.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 04:02:59 AM »

I've been requesting stuff for a while, I've taken my request as serious as a heartattack  Roll Eyes

Catching up as we speak. Still trouble with making new poll-topics. But via a detour (make a new topic, add a poll later) it's possible. Please be patient: CD's and DVD's first, books will follow later on.

EDIT: job finished!

But that thread is for (non-Brian) Beach Boys who did solo albums: Van Dyke doesn't fit the criteria. If you count him, you'd need to add other Beach Boys collaborators (of which there are many). I'd say that is a whole new subforum, if anything.

Made a new subforum, "Produced by or otherwise related to", moved albums like "Spring" and "The Flame" album and added VDP's Song Cycle as well.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 06:20:19 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Paulos
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »

I've been requesting stuff for a while, I've taken my request as serious as a heartattack  Roll Eyes

Catching up as we speak. Still trouble with making new poll-topics. But via a detour (make a new topic, add a poll later) it's possible. Please be patient: CD's and DVD's first, books will follow later on.

EDIT: job finished!

Made a new subforum, "Produced by or otherwise related to", moved albums like "Spring" and "The Flame" album and added VDP's Song Cycle as well.

Excellent work Sir and thank you!
Paulos
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »

Somehow I forgot to ask for this to be added:

David Marks & the Marksmen: The Ultimate Collectors Edition 1963-1965

Please add! Thanks!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2010, 12:01:16 AM »

Somehow I forgot to ask for this to be added:

David Marks & the Marksmen: The Ultimate Collectors Edition 1963-1965

Please add! Thanks!

Done.

For future requests please ask in the "Album, Book and Video Reviews And Discussions"-subforum > "Post your review requests here"
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,505.0.html)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx