gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681504 Posts in 27639 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 09, 2024, 09:47:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reunion Tour Setlist  (Read 5645 times)
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2010, 07:55:10 PM »

So I searched for this earlier, cuz I'm pretty sure there was already a thread about this, but since we have this supposed 5 concert thing in the works, I figured I'd bring this back. Feel free to merge it Mods, if you want, but I decided to see what everything thinks, reasonably could be the setlist. Somewhere between your best wishes and what could really happen. And lets assume we will have Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce, and David there, and maybe a special appearance by Blondie. And be reasonable with the setlist. And keep the length to 25 songs. Here's my best guess (with lead singers in parenthesis and maybe some commentary)

-California Girls (Mike) 
-Catch A Wave (Mike)
-Do It Again (Mike with Brian)
-Then I Kissed Her (Al)
-Please Let Me Wonder (Brian: still sounds good for modern day voice, a "treat" for album cut fans)
-Add Some Music To Your Day (Mike, Al, Bruce, Brian) (for "geek" fans like us)
-All Summer Long (Mike)
-Little Deuce Coupe (Mike)
-Shut Down (Mike)
-409 (Mike)
-Wouldn't It Be Nice (Brian/Al/Jeff)
-God Only Knows (Brian/Bruce)
-Sloop John B (Brian, Mike)
-Forever (Brian, obvious choice for Dennis)
-Sail on Sailor (Blondie)
-Surfer Girl (Brian)
-Good Timin' (Brian, I say they choose this as they probably wanna cover something late 70s)
-Kokomo (Mike with Al or Brian)
-Our Prayer (Group)
-Heroes And Villains (Brian)
-Surfin U.S.A. (Mike)

-I Get Around (Mike, Jeff)
-Help Me Rhonda (Al)
-Good Vibrations (Brian, Mike)
-Fun Fun Fun (Mike)

This is obviously not what I would choose if it were totally my choice, but knowing the guys, and what they think will work with today's crowds, while also acknowledging geeks like us, I say this is the best we do. Anybody else got any attempts?

bossaroo
Smiley Smile Associate

...let's be friends...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 10:42:13 PM »

i think Mike should agree to sing his part on Cabinessence, just as a sign of good faith.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »

So I searched for this earlier, cuz I'm pretty sure there was already a thread about this, but since we have this supposed 5 concert thing in the works, I figured I'd bring this back. Feel free to merge it Mods, if you want, but I decided to see what everything thinks, reasonably could be the setlist. Somewhere between your best wishes and what could really happen. And lets assume we will have Brian, Mike, Al, Bruce, and David there, and maybe a special appearance by Blondie. And be reasonable with the setlist. And keep the length to 25 songs. Here's my best guess (with lead singers in parenthesis and maybe some commentary)

-California Girls (Mike) 
-Catch A Wave (Mike)
-Do It Again (Mike with Brian)
-Then I Kissed Her (Al)
-Please Let Me Wonder (Brian: still sounds good for modern day voice, a "treat" for album cut fans)
-Add Some Music To Your Day (Mike, Al, Bruce, Brian) (for "geek" fans like us)
-All Summer Long (Mike)
-Little Deuce Coupe (Mike)
-Shut Down (Mike)
-409 (Mike)
-Wouldn't It Be Nice (Brian/Al/Jeff)
-God Only Knows (Brian/Bruce)
-Sloop John B (Brian, Mike)
-Forever (Brian, obvious choice for Dennis)
-Sail on Sailor (Blondie)
-Surfer Girl (Brian)
-Good Timin' (Brian, I say they choose this as they probably wanna cover something late 70s)
-Kokomo (Mike with Al or Brian)
-Our Prayer (Group)
-Heroes And Villains (Brian)
-Surfin U.S.A. (Mike)

-I Get Around (Mike, Jeff)
-Help Me Rhonda (Al)
-Good Vibrations (Brian, Mike)
-Fun Fun Fun (Mike)

This is obviously not what I would choose if it were totally my choice, but knowing the guys, and what they think will work with today's crowds, while also acknowledging geeks like us, I say this is the best we do. Anybody else got any attempts?

I like David singing a Dennis song or two.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:45:16 AM »

Take A Load Off Your Feet
All Dressed Up For School
Gettin' Hungry
Chug-A-Lug

Hey, what kind of celebration of The Beach Boys would it be without the goofy stuff?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 01:47:56 AM by Don_Zabu » Logged
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 02:05:06 AM »

I like David singing a Dennis song or two.

Haw about David singing Carl's Heaven? Gotta throw Long Promised Road in there too! And Rock n' Roill Woman -  love the late 60s bnd's live version of that.

“We live in divisive times.”
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 07:39:40 AM »

WHAT no Barbara Ann  ??  Evil
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 08:22:52 AM »

You probably will not hear any Dennis or Carl-penned songs if Brian is a part of the reunion, it makes him very sad/gives him bad memories.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 09:23:22 AM »

You probably will not hear any Dennis or Carl-penned songs if Brian is a part of the reunion, it makes him very sad/gives him bad memories.

Brian can go backstage during those songs...

And I won't be satisfied unless they do this one LOL LOL LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1EPXBQV3yM

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »

Don't forget Ding Dang!

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 12:58:37 PM »

WHAT no Barbara Ann  ??  Evil

Just shuddup and drum, boy !  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Sound of Free
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 01:44:33 PM »

It would never happen, but if they do these concerts, which would almost assuredly be their last all together, he's how I would love to see the final one end.

After they rock out on the encore, all the band members and special guests leave the stage, and Brian, Mike, Al, David and Bruce stay on. The screens behind them show pictures of the band through the years, with Carl and Dennis prominently featured in the photo montage. Brian says, "This is for Dennis and Carl, and for all of you who've supported us through the years."

The five then gather around one microphone and sing an a cappella version of "Farewell My Friend," changing the lyrics to "Farewell Our Friends."
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 02:59:23 PM »

It would never happen, but if they do these concerts, which would almost assuredly be their last all together, he's how I would love to see the final one end.

After they rock out on the encore, all the band members and special guests leave the stage, and Brian, Mike, Al, David and Bruce stay on. The screens behind them show pictures of the band through the years, with Carl and Dennis prominently featured in the photo montage. Brian says, "This is for Dennis and Carl, and for all of you who've supported us through the years."

The five then gather around one microphone and sing an a cappella version of "Farewell My Friend," changing the lyrics to "Farewell Our Friends."

Sir, I must thank you. Your idea inspired what you are about to read (if you have the time on your hands.) THIS, my friends, is the ultimate Beach Boys reunion show.

--

Michael and Bruce walk out onto the stage with their touring band. There are no other Beach Boys or additional musicians in sight, and the audience is nonplussed.

Mike: "I know some of you have heard rumors about the whole group getting back together. Bruce, what do you think of that?" Bruce: "It would be nice.. but.. I don't know if it's gonna happen, Mike."
Mike: "Me either, but… wouldn't it be nice?"

1]   Wouldn't it be Nice with alternate lyrics (Wouldn't it be nice if Brian joined us, even though he's got his own career, and wouldn't it be nice if Al did also, wait a minute now, they're both right here!!!)

The song is cut short and Alan and Brian are lowered onto the stage on a high-tech plexiglass platform. Brian is dressed in an early 70s costume of a bathrobe with a greasy matted wig, and is eating a deluxe cheeseburger.

2]   Hey Little Tomboy (Mike takes the lead as on the album, as Brian stalks the edge of the stage, eyeing down audience members whilst eating his cheeseburger. He joins in on vocals for the "Time to turn into a girl!!!" line, spitting flecks of cheese and beef all over the ecstatic audience members. This causes several young {18-19 year old} girls to flash their breasts at him.)

Brian savors the applause, sits down at his keyboard, and flicks a cigarette into a cup of water. "You hear that sound??" The audience goes nuts, knowing that they're about to hear the timeless classic...

3]   Everybody's Got To Live Just Once

Brian steps up to the front of the stage once again and bows, taking in the adulation of the crowd, who have been waiting 30+ years to hear that song live, sung by its creator. Al, however, is not so pleased, and steps forward, jostling Brian out of the way.

Al: "Now wait a minute, guys (winks at audience) You say everybody's got to live just once… well, I thought I was gonna have some lead vocals this time around! I thought we were gonna be equals!!"

The rest of the band says, in unison, "OK, Al! Have at it…"

4]   Help Me Rhonda. It is a cookin' take, really on-point, but it falls apart half way through.

The song is cut short by a Murry impersonator hired by the band, who walks out and begins chastising Al in the middle of the song, telling him how to sing it.

Al: "Aw, heck! I know just how I'll sing it, Murry! Take a hike!" Murry walks away, dejected. The rest of the group laughs, especially Brian, who gives 'Murry' a soft kick in the ass.

Next, Neil Young, David Crosby, and Flea all come out on stage for…

5]   Help me Rhonda (2010 version)

Neil, David, and Flea all wave at the audience, hug each other, and jump on the plexiglass platform, at which point they are lifted off the stage in a flash.

Al: "Man, if Rhonda really were here, maybe she'd be able to help me keep my guitar in tune." (Boisterous laughter.)

Mike: "Very well done, Al. You're learning from the best (points at self and winks and nods) Now, we'd like to welcome a very special guest.. some call him my lyrical protegé but I say he's my artistic peer… Mr. Bob Dylan!" Bob stumbles out, mumbling something unintelligible about raisins and milk.

6]    The Spirit of Rock and Roll (with Bob Dylan)

7]     P.T. Cruiser (with Bob Dylan)

8]     Cool Head, Warm Heart (with Bob Dylan)

Bob Dylan: "Never feed raisins to a dog. Now let's welcome a friend of mine, Mr. Jim/Roger McGuinn, the man who got rich off of my songs in the 60s!" McGuinn enters, and the band, plus Bob and McGuinn, launch into…

9]      Ding Dang (extended version with Bob Dylan and McGuinn)

Ding Dang fades out, Bob and McGuinn saunter offstage, and Brian walks back up to the front of the stage.

Brian: "You know, my brothers Carl and Dennis couldn't be here today…" as he speaks, the rest of the group leaves the stage, and a cemetery set is put in place by the roadies, with smoke and spooky trees and everything. Brian walks back to a grave marked "Carl and Dennis" and begins singing, in a very hammy showbiz way…

10]    Farewell My Friend(s) (Brian sings this song as if he is really at the grave of his two brothers, occasionally getting up and moving around the stage, 'night time' style, once again, although in this case he is sobbing and much less boisterous. The song fades out, and Brian snaps out of his sadness.)

Brian: "Well, that chokes me up every time, but as you guys know, I love singing my brothers' songs in concert…" The rest of the group ambles back out onto the stage as the cemetery set is cleared away.

Mike: "You know, Brian, that song got me thinking about.. well.. friends."
Al: "We've had our ups and downs, no question about it…"

Mike glares at Al as if he stole Mike's line.

David Marks: "Err.. yes, we have. But you know.. It's nice to know that we're still…" the group and all the musicians yell out in unison: "FRIENDS!!"

11]    Friends

Mike: "Well, sometimes it is nice to be more than friends. To take it to the next level, of course… with a woman! A woman. And to really please that special lady, sometimes you need to make friends with a certain man.. the man in the boat!!"

12]    Rockin' The Man in The Boat

Mike: "Now, it's time for my old friend and serf Bruce Johnston to step into the spotlight." Bruce: "Thanks, Mike. Thanks." He sits down at a piano. "You guys might remember this song.. Disney Girls." The crowd goes absolutely ballistic. "I'm going to play the version from a very special 1970s album.. Goin' Public." The rest of the band takes five, as Bruce launches into…

13]    Disney Girls (super slow - he draws out every syllable of every word and the song lasts around fifteen minutes) "You know I know you've got those wonderful clearing skies and then I look into your beautiful drying eyes, and after that I realize that I love it when I see you smile……"

Bruce: "Thanks!" He scuttles back to his position in the fifth row of the audience, as promised initially.

Mike: "No problem, Bruce. I'm a charitable man." He laughs at his own remark, winking, giving the thumbs up with one hand, and the 'OK' sign with the other. "Well, folks, the set is drawing to a close…" there is an audible groan from the audience. "Now, don't worry. We're almost done, but there's a few more songs for us to do. You might even say that we're working up to the MATCH-POINT!"

The crowd goes wild. There are multi-generational families who start weeping in unison, as they are about to hear a full-band version of…

14]     Matchpoint of Our Love

Mike: "Hey, Brian.. did you remember to meditate today?"
Brian: "Take my medication? I think I did…" (winks and gives thumbs up to audience)
Mike: "No, Brian, not medication!! MEDITATION! as in…"

15]     Transcendental Meditation (with eight-piece horn section)

Mike: "Well, I guess that's it, folks. I'd like to thank David Marks, Bruce Johnston, Brian Wilson, myself Mike Love.. even Al Jardine, what the hell…"

Suddenly: Blondie, Ricky, Sir Paul McCartney, Van Dyke Parks, Justin and Jonah and Carl Wilson Jr and everyone even tangentially involved with The Beach Boys at any point, including McGuinn, Bob Dylan, Crosby, Neil Young, Flea, and Gerry Beckley, Stephen Kalinich, Alec Baldwin, and Andrew G. Doe, come out for a rousing rendition of

16]     Make a Wish (16-minute long version)

Mike: "Goodnight, folks!"

They all take a bow, and the audience is left dumbfounded, as they have just witnessed the showbiz spectacle of three lifetimes.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 03:20:00 PM by b00ts » Logged

- B00ts
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 08:22:09 PM »

Cheesy

Only thing missing is a 17-hour medley of everything Brian's done with "Shortenin' Bread".
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 10:01:53 PM by Don_Zabu » Logged
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 09:10:03 PM »

That. Was. Brilliant.

The only failing -- it should be much longer. There's space for another dozen songs at least, and Brian should definitely join Mike and the Fat Boys for a Wipe Out - Smart Girls - Summer of Love rap medley!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:20:38 PM by Wirestone » Logged
Sammy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 09:57:21 PM »

Bob Dylan: "Never feed raisins to a dog. Now let's welcome a friend of mine, Mr. Jim/Roger McGuinn, the man who got rich off of my songs in the 60s!" McGuinn enters, and the band, plus Bob and McGuinn, launch into…

Ding Dang fades out, Bob and McGuinn saunter offstage, and Brian walks back up to the front of the stage.

Rollin' Up to Heaven style?
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 04:52:11 PM »

Sir, I must thank you. Your idea inspired what you are about to read (if you have the time on your hands.) THIS, my friends, is the ultimate Beach Boys reunion show.

--

Michael and Bruce walk out onto the stage with their touring band. There are no other Beach Boys or additional musicians in sight, and the audience is nonplussed.

Mike: "I know some of you have heard rumors about the whole group getting back together. Bruce, what do you think of that?" Bruce: "It would be nice.. but.. I don't know if it's gonna happen, Mike."
Mike: "Me either, but… wouldn't it be nice?"

1]   Wouldn't it be Nice with alternate lyrics (Wouldn't it be nice if Brian joined us, even though he's got his own career, and wouldn't it be nice if Al did also, wait a minute now, they're both right here!!!)

The song is cut short and Alan and Brian are lowered onto the stage on a high-tech plexiglass platform. Brian is dressed in an early 70s costume of a bathrobe with a greasy matted wig, and is eating a deluxe cheeseburger.

2]   Hey Little Tomboy (Mike takes the lead as on the album, as Brian stalks the edge of the stage, eyeing down audience members whilst eating his cheeseburger. He joins in on vocals for the "Time to turn into a girl!!!" line, spitting flecks of cheese and beef all over the ecstatic audience members. This causes several young {18-19 year old} girls to flash their breasts at him.)

Brian savors the applause, sits down at his keyboard, and flicks a cigarette into a cup of water. "You hear that sound??" The audience goes nuts, knowing that they're about to hear the timeless classic...

3]   Everybody's Got To Live Just Once

Brian steps up to the front of the stage once again and bows, taking in the adulation of the crowd, who have been waiting 30+ years to hear that song live, sung by its creator. Al, however, is not so pleased, and steps forward, jostling Brian out of the way.

Al: "Now wait a minute, guys (winks at audience) You say everybody's got to live just once… well, I thought I was gonna have some lead vocals this time around! I thought we were gonna be equals!!"

The rest of the band says, in unison, "OK, Al! Have at it…"

4]   Help Me Rhonda. It is a cookin' take, really on-point, but it falls apart half way through.

The song is cut short by a Murry impersonator hired by the band, who walks out and begins chastising Al in the middle of the song, telling him how to sing it.

Al: "Aw, heck! I know just how I'll sing it, Murry! Take a hike!" Murry walks away, dejected. The rest of the group laughs, especially Brian, who gives 'Murry' a soft kick in the ass.

Next, Neil Young, David Crosby, and Flea all come out on stage for…

5]   Help me Rhonda (2010 version)

Neil, David, and Flea all wave at the audience, hug each other, and jump on the plexiglass platform, at which point they are lifted off the stage in a flash.

Al: "Man, if Rhonda really were here, maybe she'd be able to help me keep my guitar in tune." (Boisterous laughter.)

Mike: "Very well done, Al. You're learning from the best (points at self and winks and nods) Now, we'd like to welcome a very special guest.. some call him my lyrical protegé but I say he's my artistic peer… Mr. Bob Dylan!" Bob stumbles out, mumbling something unintelligible about raisins and milk.

6]    The Spirit of Rock and Roll (with Bob Dylan)

7]     P.T. Cruiser (with Bob Dylan)

8]     Cool Head, Warm Heart (with Bob Dylan)

Brian: "You know, my brothers Carl and Dennis couldn't be here today…" as he speaks, the rest of the group leaves the stage, and a cemetery set is put in place by the roadies, with smoke and spooky trees and everything. Brian walks back to a grave marked "Carl and Dennis" and begins singing, in a very hammy showbiz way…

10]    Farewell My Friend(s) (Brian sings this song as if he is really at the grave of his two brothers, occasionally getting up and moving around the stage, 'night time' style, once again, although in this case he is sobbing and much less boisterous. The song fades out, and Brian snaps out of his sadness.)

Brian: "Well, that chokes me up every time, but as you guys know, I love singing my brothers' songs in concert…" The rest of the group ambles back out onto the stage as the cemetery set is cleared away.

Mike: "You know, Brian, that song got me thinking about.. well.. friends."
Al: "We've had our ups and downs, no question about it…"

Mike glares at Al as if he stole Mike's line.

David Marks: "Err.. yes, we have. But you know.. It's nice to know that we're still…" the group and all the musicians yell out in unison: "FRIENDS!!"

11]    Friends

Mike: "Well, sometimes it is nice to be more than friends. To take it to the next level, of course… with a woman! A woman. And to really please that special lady, sometimes you need to make friends with a certain man.. the man in the boat!!"

12]    Rockin' The Man in The Boat

Mike: "Now, it's time for my old friend and serf Bruce Johnston to step into the spotlight." Bruce: "Thanks, Mike. Thanks." He sits down at a piano. "You guys might remember this song.. Disney Girls." The crowd goes absolutely ballistic. "I'm going to play the version from a very special 1970s album.. Goin' Public." The rest of the band takes five, as Bruce launches into…

13]    Disney Girls (super slow - he draws out every syllable of every word and the song lasts around fifteen minutes) "You know I know you've got those wonderful clearing skies and then I look into your beautiful drying eyes, and after that I realize that I love it when I see you smile……"

Bruce: "Thanks!" He scuttles back to his position in the fifth row of the audience, as promised initially.

Mike: "No problem, Bruce. I'm a charitable man." He laughs at his own remark, winking, giving the thumbs up with one hand, and the 'OK' sign with the other. "Well, folks, the set is drawing to a close…" there is an audible groan from the audience. "Now, don't worry. We're almost done, but there's a few more songs for us to do. You might even say that we're working up to the MATCH-POINT!"

The crowd goes wild. There are multi-generational families who start weeping in unison, as they are about to hear a full-band version of…

14]     Matchpoint of Our Love

Mike: "Hey, Brian.. did you remember to meditate today?"
Brian: "Take my medication? I think I did…" (winks and gives thumbs up to audience)
Mike: "No, Brian, not medication!! MEDITATION! as in…"

15]     Transcendental Meditation (with eight-piece horn section)

Mike: "Well, I guess that's it, folks. I'd like to thank David Marks, Bruce Johnston, Brian Wilson, myself Mike Love.. even Al Jardine, what the hell…"

Suddenly: Blondie, Ricky, Sir Paul McCartney, Van Dyke Parks, Justin and Jonah and Carl Wilson Jr and everyone even tangentially involved with The Beach Boys at any point, including McGuinn, Bob Dylan, Crosby, Neil Young, Flea, and Gerry Beckley, Stephen Kalinich, Alec Baldwin, and Andrew G. Doe, come out for a rousing rendition of

16]     Make a Wish (16-minute long version)

Mike: "Goodnight, folks!"

They all take a bow, and the audience is left dumbfounded, as they have just witnessed the showbiz spectacle of three lifetimes.

some things I would add

In the same vain as the Murry impersonator, a Eugene Landy impersonator would come out and force Brian to sing Smart Girls. Mike will get mad and then he will kill Landy with his bare hands (please tell me that someone gets that reference).
Mike: Come on, Brian! Let's play a song Landy wouldn't let you play on!
Brian:Ok!
Mike: Before we begin, I would like to introduce a very special guest, John Stamos!
Stamos walks out and they proceed to perform Kokomo. Half of the audience goes wild, since the song was a big hit, while the other half groans, since despite the fact that  it was a hit, it is a horrible song and the only slightly redeeming quality was Carl's vocals, and since Carl's dead now, it doesn't even have that going for it anymore. However, when they get to the line "Port Au Prince, I wanna catch a glimpse", Mike is shown a picture of the earthquake ravaged Port Au Prince.
Mike: Well, I guess we can't use that line anymore
They start the song over, this time replacing Port Au Prince with some other tropical location.

During Disney Girls, Bob Harris will be brought out on stage to sit in a chair and sleep(please tell me someone gets this reference)

I was able to calculate that the extended Ding Dang will be 5 minutes and 10 seconds. Can anyone figure out how?

A broken man too tough to cry
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 05:43:47 PM »

My vision of 50th Anniversary setlist...

California Girls
Dance Dance Dance
Do You Wanna Dance
Sloop John B
Surfer Girl
Surfin' Safari
Car Medley
Catch a Wave
Do It Again
Rock N Roll Music
Hawaii
Wouldn't It Be Nice
I Get Around
Help Me Rhonda
Their Hearts Were Full of Spring
God Only Knows
Heroes and Villains
Kokomo
Good Vibrations
Surfin' USA
Fun Fun Fun

Yep.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 06:37:58 PM »

California Girls
Dance Dance Dance
Do You Wanna Dance
Sloop John B
Surfer Girl
Surfin' Safari
Car Medley
Catch a Wave
Do It Again
Rock N Roll Music
Hawaii
Wouldn't It Be Nice
I Get Around
Help Me Rhonda
God Only Knows
Heroes and Villains
Kokomo
Good Vibrations
Surfin' USA
Fun Fun Fun

Yep.

really? just the early hits? no 70s (excluding Rock and Roll Music), not even Sail on Sailor!?!?!?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 07:39:35 PM »

Nope. Screw the fans.
DonnyL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »

you really wanna hear the guys play "kokomo"?  i think if this is gonna be their last public hurrah, they should really go out with style.  i can't imagine what it would all sound like, depends on the band, etc.  they should have an orchestra and play:

surfer girl
the warmth of the sun
wendy
please let me wonder
california girls
let him run wild
wouldnt it be nice
here today
god only knows
i just wasn't made for these times
good vibrations
wind chimes
surf's up
country air
be still
time to get alone
add some music
this whole world
til i die
good timin

paterno4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2010, 01:37:39 PM »

If they are only doing one show, which is what Jardine has confirmed, this is what I would like to hear:

Set 1:
-California Girls
-Little Honda
-Catch a Wave
-Wouldn't It Be Nice
-Don't Hurt My Little Sister
-Girl Don't Tell Me
-You're So Good to Me
-Little Deuce Coupe
-I Get Around
-Custom Machine
-Breakaway
-Be True To Your School
-God Only Knows
-Forever
-Don't Worry Baby
-Heroes and Villains

Set 2:
-Do It Again
-Vegetables
-Caroline, No
-Add Some Music
-Marcella
-Good Timin'
-Wild Honey
-Friends
-Darlin'
-Sail On Sailor
-Wind Chimes
-Sloop John B
-All This is That
-Roller Skating Child
-Surfer Girl
-Feel Flows
-Good Vibrations
-Surfin'Safari

Encore:
-Surfin' U.S.A.
-Help Me, Rhonda
-Fun, Fun, Fun

donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 10:09:28 AM »

California Girls
Dance Dance Dance
Do You Wanna Dance
Sloop John B
Surfer Girl
Surfin' Safari
Car Medley
Catch a Wave
Do It Again
Rock N Roll Music
Hawaii
Wouldn't It Be Nice
I Get Around
Help Me Rhonda
God Only Knows
Heroes and Villains
Kokomo
Good Vibrations
Surfin' USA
Fun Fun Fun

Yep.

Very funny bubba.    You can take your tongue out of your cheek now.
junkbondtrader
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2010, 11:40:26 AM »

Here is my dream setlist for a reunion show. I know this would never happen and I have no idea who I would have sing lead for some of these. Its a long show too which won't happen.
3 Sets

Set 1
Thank Him
Surfin'
Surfin' Safari
Surfin' USA
Farmer's Daughter
Surfer Girl
In My Room
Fun Fun Fun
Don't Worry Baby
The Warmth of the Sun
I Get Around
Help Me Rhonda
In The Back Of My Mind (Instrumental)
California Girls
Wouldn't It Be Nice
God Only Knows
Sloop John B
I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

End Set

Set 2
Good Vibrations
Heroes and Villains
Time To Get Alone
Cabinessence
Can't Wait Too Long
Wild Honey
Friends
Do It Again
Our Sweet Love
Til I Die
All This Is That
Sail On Sailor
California Saga
Susie Cincinnati
Good Time
Good Timin'
End Set

Set 3
Goin' On
Santa Ana Winds
Kokomo
You're Still a Mystery
Brian's Back
(Dennis Tribute)
Forever
Fallin' In Love
Sounds of Free
Angel Come Home
Love Surrounds Me
Baby Blue
It's Not Too Late
A Time To Live In Dreams
I've Got a Friend
(Carl Tribute)
Feel Flows
Long Promised Road
The Trader
Heaven
Like a Brother
I Can Hear Music
I Was Made To Love Her
Soul Searchin'

encore
Car Medley
Our Prayer
Acapella God Only Knows (Reprise)
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2010, 08:29:31 PM »

It would be stuuuuuning to hear them attempt "Forever" in honor of Dennis.  Or hell just do it for Dennis and Carl, it fits.  Even if they didn't pull it off, the emotional weight would add so much to the song that it would be something to fucking see, i'll tell you that.  I'd love to see that, I don't care if they sang the whole thing off key. 

I doubt Brian would ever even attempt to do that though, that'd be some heavy sh*t. 
The Madcap
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2010, 08:54:30 PM »

It would be stuuuuuning to hear them attempt "Forever" in honor of Dennis.  Or hell just do it for Dennis and Carl, it fits.  Even if they didn't pull it off, the emotional weight would add so much to the song that it would be something to friggin' see, i'll tell you that.  I'd love to see that, I don't care if they sang the whole thing off key. 

I doubt Brian would ever even attempt to do that though, that'd be some heavy merda. 

i agree. just make sure they don't get stamos to sing it.

A broken man too tough to cry
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx