gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 06:34:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: where can I find an instrumental track for 'The Little Girl I Once Knew'  (Read 6043 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2010, 12:08:45 AM »

Along similar lines, I found an instrumental track for 'Cabinessence' on youtube (one of the best tracks he ever did, imo) but I can't find it on any Beach Boy's album. Anyone know where I can find this gem?

I could rip the song directly from youtube, but I'd much rather do this the legal way  Grin
5th disc of the 1990 (91?) box set.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2010, 01:42:56 AM »

Along similar lines, I found an instrumental track for 'Cabinessence' on youtube (one of the best tracks he ever did, imo) but I can't find it on any Beach Boy's album. Anyone know where I can find this gem?

I could rip the song directly from youtube, but I'd much rather do this the legal way  Grin

LIAR!

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2010, 03:04:44 AM »

I could rip the song directly from youtube, but I'd much rather do this the legal way  Grin

LIAR!

The Good Vibrations - 30 Years Of The Beach Boys 5CD box set was released June 1993.

I don't take kindly to being called a liar, even as a joke. Please apologise.

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2010, 07:48:40 AM »

eh, I know what you meant. Thanks a lot! Wow, with a simple google search I could have found this out...thanks for dealing with my ignorance  Grin

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2010, 11:51:06 PM »

I could rip the song directly from youtube, but I'd much rather do this the legal way  Grin

LIAR!

The Good Vibrations - 30 Years Of The Beach Boys 5CD box set was released June 1993.

Hay, I'm sorry, I figured you'd know I was just kidding. Why would I call you, of all people, out on the date of a Beach Boys release?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2010, 06:49:35 AM »

my mind must be going senile Embarrassed

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
rogerlancelot
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2010, 10:42:20 PM »

I find the sessions on "Secret Smile" breathtakingly beautiful, especially the coda.
cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 03:45:19 AM »

LIAR!

hang on to your ego.

...I'm just teasing
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 05:13:32 AM »

LIAR!

hang on to your ego.

...I'm just teasing

Nothing to do with ego, a lot to do with something that happened at school when I was six or seven and accused of theft. As a result, I have:

1 - no respect for any 'authority' who won't listen to both sides of any given situation but jumps to a conclusion...

2 - an aversion to being called a liar that borders on the pathological, even in jest.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:16:38 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 06:27:14 AM »

well, that is to do with ego. nothing to do with being egotistical, if that's what you mean by having an ego.

But regardless of that, I'm not sure I believe your story...

sorry, couldn't resist.  Lips Sealed
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 07:43:10 AM »

well, that is to do with ego. nothing to do with being egotistical, if that's what you mean by having an ego.

But regardless of that, I'm not sure I believe your story...

sorry, couldn't resist.  Lips Sealed

Gee, funny guy. I mean, my side are literally aching from laughing so much. With such wit abroad in the world today, Oscar Wilde must be heaving a sigh of relief at being dead.

cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 08:19:00 AM »

There's no need to bring Oscar Wilde into this. At school when I was six or seven my lack of wit and social tact was criticized. As a result, I have:

1 - no respect for anyone that takes themselves too seriously and jumps on the defensive...

2 - an aversion to light-hearted jokes at my expense that borders on the pathological.

But I'll tell ya what, I'm working through this issue of mine and I won't hold it against you. Friends?  Smiley

I don't know if any of you have heard this before, but it's a different mix of The Little Girl I Once Knew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XolOuPK4PsY
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 10:44:17 AM »

Friends ?

No, I don't think so.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:51:12 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »

I don't know if any of you have heard this before, but it's a different mix of The Little Girl I Once Knew: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XolOuPK4PsY

It sounds much like the Hawthorne mix only they left out the a cappella break in the bridge....LOVED the footage....though Mike looks like he just spent 50 years in the Alaskan outback.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 12:31:05 PM »

First 25 seconds is Brian's home studio - the session is for "Time To Get Alone".

cutterschoice
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 02:25:03 PM »

Friends ?

No, I don't think so.
at least we see eye-to-eye on that one  Grin

It sounds much like the Hawthorne mix only they left out the a cappella break in the bridge....LOVED the footage....though Mike looks like he just spent 50 years in the Alaskan outback.

yeah the video is great. The dancing scene is hilarious.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx