"The Like In I Love You" Is Streaming

<< < (35/48) > >>

Andrew G. Doe:
Quote from: adamghost on July 01, 2010, 02:27:45 AM

Though what I was told by some old timers is some engineers were proficient enough with cutting tape that they could actually edit out specific tracks by cutting into PART of the tape.  That blows my mind, but apparently some people could do it.

Again, SWD told me he did just that with the horn "Take A Load Off Your Feet" for the final mix, where it swaps channels: the original master had both honks in one channel, so he did what he called a "window" edit and transferred just that single second "honk" from left to right.

Speaking of manual editing feats, apparently after Dennis Dragon had hand-spliced the master track for "Soulful Old Man Sunshine" from multiple takes, the result looked like a pedestrian crossing. A razor blade and edit tape are wonderful things in the right hands.

Going back to punch-ins, Bones Howe used to record The Association's more complex vocals one line at a time, and individually.

Sam_BFC:
Ooo lots of interesting stuff there :)

brother john:
Quote from: oldsurferdude on June 30, 2010, 04:53:56 PM

Quote from: Wirestone on June 30, 2010, 01:47:26 PM

My understanding is that songs are written and recorded. I'm just not sure if the interest is there to release it.

It would have been recorded using autotune  so it right away it would suck  no matter how great the songs were. :spin

Actually, if Autotune was used at all (which is open to debate...) it would be applied post-recording, and the off notes would be corrected gradually, not while recording.

The other thing to bear in mind is that one can apply pitch correction to individual parts of individual notes, and you don't have to put a whole take through Autotune. So the BW vocal may well not be Autotuned, but could well be pitch-corrected!  ;)

Chris Brown:
I'm a little late to the party (and the inevitable autotune debate), but the track sounds great to me.  Brian sounds fantastic, the chords and arrangement are great, and the song has a polished feel that compliments the material.  I admit, at first I was a bit skeptical on the project, but hearing this track has me very excited to pick up the album.  Even if he had a little help, Brian sounds better than any 68 year old former chain smoker has any right to.   It defies logic, but Brian's voice has really improved as he's aged - plus, he's really seemed more engaged in his singing ever since BWPS.  It can only mean good things are still to come down the road, as long as Brian's drive to create stays intact.

JaredLekites:
Brian's voice on this track really shines. Great blend of vocals and instruments.

I can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page