gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680754 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:32:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Endless Summer Quarterly summer edition  (Read 3199 times)
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: June 28, 2010, 01:39:31 AM »

The Summer 2010 edition of ESQ was mailed on Saturday. It includes the complimentary/not for sale CD, 'The Boys of Summer.' The CD ioncludes music from Brian, Mike, Al, David, Carl, Dennis and Jan & Dean.

Visit here: http://www.esquarterly.com/
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 08:16:22 PM by ESQ Editor » Logged
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 02:13:02 AM »

Thanks for the tracklisting!  I'm curious and looking forward to hearing "Love Like In Fairytales"...never heard that title prior to today.  I'm thinking it might be a previously unleaked track from Mike's unreleased album?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 03:05:22 AM »

Thanks for the tracklisting!  I'm curious and looking forward to hearing "Love Like In Fairytales"...never heard that title prior to today.  I'm thinking it might be a previously unleaked track from Mike's unreleased album?

That's part of the lyric to "Glow, Crescent, Glow".  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Carrie Marks
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 06:38:21 AM »

The CD ioncludes music from Brian, Mike, Al, Carl, Dennis and Jan & Dean.

Visit here: http://www.esquarterly.com/

and David...
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 11:40:22 PM »

That's part of the lyric to "Glow, Crescent, Glow".  Smiley
Cheesy Haha I knew it sounded vaguely familiar!  Just got it in the mail today, and it is Glow Crescent Glow!
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 04:40:41 PM »

Sorry Carrie… Of course David.

Yes, "Glow Crescent Glow," but it's a completely new recording of the song. I'm not sure why Mike changed the title. I think he sounds great.

Also note: The ESQ CD version of "Dravin'" says, "TEXACO, you're killin' me man."  Al aptly updated to say, "BP, you're killin' me man" on his album version. Thus an alternate/rare version is born.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 06:33:48 AM »

Sorry Carrie… Of course David.

Yes, "Glow Crescent Glow," but it's a completely new recording of the song. I'm not sure why Mike changed the title. I think he sounds great.

Also note: The ESQ CD version of "Dravin'" says, "TEXACO, you're killin' me man."  Al aptly updated to say, "BP, you're killin' me man" on his album version. Thus an alternate/rare version is born.

Got it in the mail today.  Only listened to snippets as I'm ripping it to iTunes but so far so good.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »

If you really want to enjoy this CD please place it in the CD player and listen to it from beginning to end.

The entire listening experience is best when enjoying all the way through. Read my introduction in ESQ.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 12:10:55 AM »

If you really want to enjoy this CD please place it in the CD player and listen to it from beginning to end.

The entire listening experience is best when enjoying all the way through. Read my introduction in ESQ.
I agree.  The sequence of the songs makes the disc flow very well.  Well done!
JaredLekites
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2010, 02:06:03 AM »

Thanks to David Beard for such a great compilation. Some tracks blew me away more than others but I definitely agree that it flows nicely. I listened to it in my car and I kept pushing repeat on "Love Like In Fairy Tales" (AKA Glow Crescent Glow). I am almost eager to hear what else Mike Love is cooking/has cooked up for "Mike Love Not War".

"Cool Head, Warm Heart" and "Love Like In Fairy Tales" are certainly better than "Santa's Gone To Kokomo".

jaredlekites.bandcamp.com/
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 10:52:15 AM »

note: The ESQ CD version of "Drivin" says, "TEXACO, you're killin' me man."  Al aptly updated to say, "BP, you're killin' me man" on his album version. Thus an alternate/rare version is born.

Drivin' is definitely one of the highlights of this great cd for me.  Haven't downloaded Al's album yet, (as I was sent a copy quite some time ago), and maybe the song just didn't hit me the same way then as it did/does on the ESQ cd.  However, I happened to listen to this on a drive up the coast highway, (fittingly to Santa Barbara), and I absolutely fell in love with this song!  I'll dig the advance copy of Al I received out now, to see how different it is from the final release, and see what I think of the disc as whole again.  But I do know I'll be playing the ESQ disc quite a bit this summer!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 11:01:12 AM »

Boy, you all sure make me curious about this one. When was the newest edition shipped to Europe? Can't wait to hear it, but I'm still patiently waiting...
Just curious.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 09:10:04 PM »

The Summer 2010 edition of ESQ was mailed on June 28. If you haven't received it yet, email esqeditor@aol.com to check on your subscription status.
drummer083
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2010, 08:21:44 AM »

Great issue as always and the cd is fantastic. I always get a natural high when I see that envelope in my P.O. Box.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2010, 03:55:58 PM »

Very nice issue and CD offering, Dave! Now I'm really looking forward to the new David Marks release.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx