gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:14:44 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to un-register  (Read 7677 times)
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2010, 05:53:31 PM »

How do I unregister from the board?

Thanks
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 05:56:07 PM »

If you click on Profile, you'll be brought to a screen with "Delete This Account" as an option along the left side.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 10:53:51 PM »

Why did you want to unregister?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 05:21:34 AM »

If you click on Profile, you'll be brought to a screen with "Delete This Account" as an option along the left side.

This is all that I see along the left side.  Can't "find" he word delete.

Profile Info
Summary
Show Stats
Show Posts

Modify Profile
Account Related Settings
Forum Profile Information
Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email
Personal Message Options

Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 09:39:21 AM »

I seem to have little to contribute and even less to contribute that seems of interest to others.  Smiley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 10:29:23 AM »

I seem to have little to contribute and even less to contribute that seems of interest to others.  Smiley

For us that doesn't matter at all. Contributing can be anything: asking a question (or responding to it), or just giving your opinion. There are no rules for that, nor will you be disqualified in case you don't "contribute" (at all or that much).
But if you really want to unregister, we can help out (although I wouldn't feel good about it)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jason
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 11:55:42 AM »

I don't mean to come off like an asshole here (ok, maybe a little bit), but why would it be a big deal if you have little to contribute and even less that would be of interest to others? Either you like the board or you don't. We have around 1600 members here, and of that I'd say about 80 or so are the heavy rollers so to speak. Half of the time people register here to ask for boots and leave when they get nowhere (but we certainly ridicule them along the way, y'know, because it's LOL-tastic). There are many great members here who don't chime in much but always can have something to offer. Everyone has something to offer - good ideas, great discussion, grief, and maybe even a reason for them to be locked away in a loony bin or in the circus.

Besides, and take this from someone who has the character flaw of little to no regard for anyone or their feelings - why do you even care if people are interested in what you have to say? I understand everyone wants to have conversations, but if you spend your time on here just waiting for the interest level on here to rise, you might be waiting a long time in general. Take it from someone who has (indirectly) started many flame wars and (directly) ended them.

I guess what I'm getting at is that no-one's making you leave the board just because, in your opinion, you have little to contribute that's of any interest to people. Granted, there are a lot of Mcs and Outies and Reruns and nobodys on the forums, but they're the exceptions. You don't have to unregister. No-one is unwelcome here unless they make themselves such. You've done nothing of that sort. Stick around.

Besides, it's not like you have people petitioning for your banishment from the Smiley board. Smiley
Fun Is In
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 02:12:46 PM »

Gents,

Thanks for your interest and sincere words.

I wasn't looking to make a deal (big or small) out of it.  I would have done it silently if I'd been able to figure out how to do it. 

I don't mean to offend anyone by asking to unregister and no one here has offended or belittled me in the slightest.

I'm not criticizing the ss.net board, nor any of the (MANY) knowledegable, helpful, bright, charming, generous, inquisitive, etc etc etc members, owners or moderators by asking to un-register.  I just don't feel the need to be registered. Seriously.

If it helps the eyeball count or something, keep me registered.

Cheers

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 02:27:37 PM »

Half of the time people register here to ask for boots and leave when they get nowhere (but we certainly ridicule them along the way, y'know, because it's LOL-tastic).

It would have to be less than half: about 40% of the people who are registered have never posted even that one (bootleg-begging) time; another third or so have posted fewer than 10 times, though. That segment would usually include the ones Real Beach Boy is talking about... Sorry about the seemingly bad info as to where the Delete button is, though. Perhaps we've chosen different settings/looks, because for me that's where it is. (Under Actions, bottom link in left nav of profile section.)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 12:50:19 AM »

This is all that I see along the left side.  Can't "find" he word delete.

Profile Info
Summary
Show Stats
Show Posts

Modify Profile
Account Related Settings
Forum Profile Information
Look and Layout Preferences
Notifications and Email
Personal Message Options

He's right - I can't see the 'delete account' option either, on account of it not being there. WTF is this place, Hotel California ?   Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:55:19 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 02:35:38 AM »

He's right - I can't see the 'delete account' option either, on account of it not being there. WTF is this place, Hotel California ?   Grin

"You can check out any time you like, but can never leave." Correct!  Grin

Moderators do have that option though. So if Stample insists, we can unregister him. But, again, unless someone's clearly breaking rules, we'd rather not.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 05:59:06 PM »

I most certainly have "Delete This Account" in my profile. Have I been promoted? Am I jesus?

jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 09:56:55 PM »

I most certainly have "Delete This Account" in my profile. Have I been promoted? Am I jesus?

Some people just can't take a hint...... Wink

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 04:56:36 PM »

Some people just can't take a hint...... Wink

Oh, now I get the hint. I am definitely Jesus.

Jason
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 08:46:38 PM »

You're Jesus Christ on ecstasy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »

Do I get a fuckin' glow stick or something?

Jason
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »

Yeah, you stick it up your ass and you'll glow. Smiley
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2010, 06:41:51 AM »

Wouldn't I glow already if I were jesus?

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2010, 11:35:54 AM »

Please delete my account.

Two Reasons:
1. I don't appreciate being assailed for my opinions.
2. This board is too Brian-centric for my tastes.

This is the first and last board that I will ever join. This place has not been a very nice experience to share my opinions. You need really thick skin to survive in here, and mine is only normal thickness. To AGD, Jon, Ed, TheRealBeachBoy and others who do know proper etiquette, thank you for the experience.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 01:28:47 PM »

2. This board is too Brian-centric for my tastes.

wow, now THAT's the first time I read this about this board...

@ drbeachboy: we don't usually delete someone else's account. I get the idea you've taken some of the replies to your posts very personal (on the "THE BEACH BOYS EYING UP TO FIVE FREE GLOBAL REUNION SHOWS" topic). But to be honest (trying to look objective here) some of your posts also were very -ehm- direct (thinking of the correct word here) , or at least this is how some people have interpreted it. That's one of those nice pitfalls on messageboards: different interpretations someone else's writings. Topics like Mike vs Brian or (possible) reunions bring out the strongest opinions on this board. It almost seems that if the BB in one way or another seems to end a quarrel, the fans start a new one. SmileySmile is known for it -somestimes- lively discussions, and believe me, I've seen way more heated discussions on this board then the one you were in. Please let said discussion rest: you've expressed your feelings, and have made you point. Others have as well. You don't have to friends with everybody on this board, but don't let your personal feelings towards 1 or 2 members have the upper hand on your decision on wanting to end you account.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx