gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680807 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 09:13:37 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new BBs-flavored Adam Marsland mp3 posted  (Read 6503 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 26, 2010, 04:56:44 PM »

I usually try to keep the Beach Boys influence subtle in my own work -- I don't want to be doing someone else's thing -- but lately I've opened my own recording studio at home and I've also been doing work making "custom songs" for people -- folks will send my lyrics to write music to, or request I write a song for them or demo a song of their own.  This has been fun because I can try out various styles and wear different hats just for fun.

I just finished up a thing where someone provided me lyrics and I was asked to write music and do a record of it.  I thought it would be fun to try a mid '70s Beach Boys/AM radio approach on it.  It came out pretty cool, particularly the Beach Boys-esque harmony vocals.  And it has 22 drum tracks!

I haven't officially announced it yet, but I'm letting the Smiley Smilers know.  Go to my studio webpage and check it out:
http://www.myspace.com/adamsstudio.  The song is called "That Forever Ends."  There's also another song called "There Goes This Summer" that BBs fans might dig.

This custom song service is open to anybody.  I can do an entire custom recording from start to last with real instruments and harmonies for less than $400, and my recording studio costs less than $25/hour to rent, which includes production and session musician services.  If you like the stuff posted on this page, and would like me to help out with your music, give me a holler at adamghost@aol.com!

thanks,
Adam Marsland
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 05:13:43 PM by adamghost » Logged
kwan_dk
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 08:36:50 AM »

Very nice songs Adam!

I prefer 'There Goes this Summer' but both are really spot-on summery Beach Boys homages.  Smiley

Martin, Surf School Dropouts
http://www.myspace.com/surfschooldropouts

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 02:22:54 PM »

"There Goes The Summer" is actually by a songwriter named Paul Wims...though I did play everything on the track and do the arrangement and production.  But credit where credit is due.  Smiley

The lyrics on the other tune are by a guy named Jay Osborne, I just did the rest of it.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 01:25:38 PM »

Actually, I did NOT play everything on "Summer."  The french horn is by one Probyn Gregory (you might have heard of him!).  The lead vocal is Teresa Cowles, bass player for the Chaos Band...
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 11:36:43 AM »

Just stumbled upon this. Really cool stuff Adam. Like your sound.
And maybe someday I'll send you something if I can't go any further with it.... Smiley

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 11:18:08 PM »

I'd be happy to help, Rocker!
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 04:20:28 AM »

I did enjoy this, it certainly gets that 70s vibe - 15 Big ones sort of time comes to mind particularly 'Just once in my life' comes to mind, I think the ARP synth instantly brings to mind that song and album (I love the ARP). Anyway, enjoyable stuff, I sent you a friend request on there too (The Brigadier)

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx