gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:15:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nothing Happend between GV & Kokomo  (Read 6395 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2006, 05:01:58 PM »

HAHA, you've stumbled upon Punkin's Comic Zone:

Punkin says: "These albums are terrible!"

Punkin replies: "now these are what i call good BeachBoys albums!"

Just Kidding, i love all beach boys albums....

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jason
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2006, 05:08:29 PM »

Take the Pickwick album out of the casing and put the Love You album in.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2006, 05:09:39 PM »

yeah, i want to soon! that frame is screwed into my wall a wierd way so i need another person to help me with it...it's been up there quite sometime....

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Jason
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2006, 05:11:46 PM »

Did anyone ever tell you that you look eerily like Harry Nilsson?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2006, 05:13:20 PM »

ah, no way! how? i look a whole lot up to him as of lately...ive only gotten to know his material in the past 6 months or so...thank you though, that's awesome

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jason
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2006, 05:14:05 PM »

Damn right you should look up to him. He's only the most unappreciated singer-songwriter there has ever been.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2006, 05:19:11 PM »

ah yeah!  Grin

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Reverend Joshua Sloane
Smiley Smile Associate

Since I cannot rouse heaven I intend to raise hell

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2006, 06:02:03 PM »

I support you in your bearding, brother.

Let us keep our heads up high, and our beards left to grow wild and bushy like the caveman of long ago.

Did it ever occur to you, Cable, how wise and bountiful God was to put breasts on a woman? Just the right number in just the right place. Did you ever notice that, Cable?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2006, 08:14:42 PM »

yeah, ive got an amish thing goin on...unfort there's a patch under my chin that doesnt grow anything

~post of the century~
-Mikie

LaurieBiagini
Smiley Smile Newbie

Songwriter/Singer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2006, 09:17:44 PM »

If your hair was straight, hmm... I'm trying to decide if you look more like Carl or Brian...  Smiley

Check out my music on my website: http://www.myspace.com/lauriebiaginimusic
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2006, 09:19:34 PM »

id be honored if either one!

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 04:08:02 AM »

you look like MIKEY from AMERICAN CHOPPER

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 05:31:08 AM »

Nice t-shirt back there.

Watch out for snakes!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2006, 05:42:16 AM »

you look like MIKEY from AMERICAN CHOPPER

beat me to it...
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2006, 05:47:42 AM »

Mitchell- you referring to the smile tour shirt? yeah, it's great, I'd love to wear it, but i refuse to...ive got a friend who gave me like a 1982 or 83 tour shirt and he wore it, and he regretted it

afraid i dont know American Chopper

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Mitchell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 05:50:09 AM »

Mitchell- you referring to the smile tour shirt? yeah, it's great, I'd love to wear it, but i refuse to...ive got a friend who gave me like a 1982 or 83 tour shirt and he wore it, and he regretted it

Yep. I'm wearing it now!

Watch out for snakes!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 05:58:13 AM »

how do you regret wearing a tshirt? its suppose to be worn!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 06:27:14 AM »

I remain amazed at the legions of younger posters who are such rabid BB fans.

But as I think about it, I actually enjoyed a lot of the music that was old when I was a teen;

the top 10 songs oof 1935

1) Fred Astaire, "Cheek to Cheek"

2) Ray Noble, "Isle of Capris"

3) Victor Young, "She's a Latin from Manhattan"

4) Glen Gray, "When I Grow too Old to Dream"

5) Eddy Duchin, "Lovely to Look at"

6) Guy Lombardo, "Red Sails in the Sunset"

7) Fats Waller, "Truckin"

Cool Glen Gray, "Blue Moon"

9) Litle Jack Little, "Im in the Mood for Love"

10) Bing Crosby, Red Sails in the Sunset"

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 06:34:05 AM »

Im 27, and personally, I like everything old.  I think it's because I hate change, and I like seeing things that can stand the test of time.  I.E., Brian still being able to sing fairly well, Paul McCartney performing "Helter Skelter" nearly as good as the original on the grammies the other night.  I drive cars from the 60's... I restore arcade games from the 80's... etc.  When I was a kid, my parents moved around a lot, and I honestly think that's what I like anything ancient. 
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 09:30:33 AM »

about regretting wearing the shirt...he got a deoderant stain on it....and he wanted it to be worth a lot.

To Ron- I know exactly what you mean. I love vintage stuff. The reasons i like the particular movies i like is that reminise of nostaliga and old times....movies like A christmas Story, Superman IV, American Graffitti, JAWS, Back to the future...etc.....

Beach Boys/Brian Wilson keeps me in that safe place of old times sake.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 01:08:31 PM »

Im 27, and personally, I like everything old.  I think it's because I hate change, and I like seeing things that can stand the test of time.  I.E., Brian still being able to sing fairly well, Paul McCartney performing "Helter Skelter" nearly as good as the original on the grammies the other night.  I drive cars from the 60's... I restore arcade games from the 80's... etc.  When I was a kid, my parents moved around a lot, and I honestly think that's what I like anything ancient. 

Popular culture was in an incredible Golden Age from the twenties to the sixties.  Film, literature, music, fashion, television, animation, architecture, the comic strip, baseball, graphic art... It went through an entertaining decline in the seventies and then nearly everything just sort of died.  We're in an age of technology now and that's what our art is about. People will be living in that past for years to come because it was extraordinary.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 04:10:26 PM »

I always feel like a backwardslooking technophobe luddite.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 04:13:04 PM »

I'd like to think that SurferJoe, but I dunno.  I'm already hearing lots of 90's songs played almost as 'classic' tracks, and it seems to me (although I could be just imagining this) that the 50's nostalgia in our culture is all but dead, and the 70's nostalgia is on the rise.  As in, the 'cool' decade is moving.  

Personally, I know nothing about the 40's.  When I was a kid, I listened to 50's music all the time, many movies were set in the 50's, etc... now as I'm a little older, a lot of movies are set in the 60's and 70's, it's hard (very hard) to find 50's music on the radio, nobody talks about Marilyn or James Dean or even, gasp! Elvis to a large extent anymore.  Lots of kids have never heard of Buddy Holly or Richie Valens or god forbid the Big Bopper.  

So while I personally feel that you're right and there's a huge golden age there, it seems like at least the 50's portion of it is being lost, and the 70's are now considered equally as important and as 'retro' as the 60's.  

Get what I'm saying? It's hard to explain, but imagine a 20 year span of 'cool' and 'vintage' that moves with the times.  
Daniel S.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 05:02:54 PM »

He doesn't look anything like Nilsson.

I think he looks like that guy with the glasses from the Turtles.  Grin

Let us all stay teenage gamblers listening to the radio.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 05:04:02 PM »

Mark Volman?  Nah.

Rad Picture of John and Harry, though.  Rad.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx