gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 02:26:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50th anniversary latest  (Read 36593 times)
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2010, 05:54:15 PM »

king of canine cool

That's just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Is he talking about Snoop Dogg or Scrappy Doo?
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2010, 09:00:43 PM »

http://www.ctpost.com/entertainment/article/The-Beach-Boys-Band-wraps-Alive-Five-series-601396.php

Bruce Johnston, who joined the group in 1965 and tours with the Love-led incarnation of the group, the Beach Boys Band, "hadn't really thought about it." But after some prodding, Johnston finally came up with an idea -- and it will have diehard fans salivating.

"Everyone's going really nuts and asking, `Are we going to do it?' " Johnston said during an interview from New Jersey last week.

Johnston envisions a "Beach Boys convention," with every living person who has ever been part of the band hosting informal seminars, vocal classes and unplugged performances.

"That's my pie-in-the-sky plan," he said. "Who knows if it's going to happen?"

Wow, I REALLY like this idea.
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2010, 11:26:47 PM »

http://www.ctpost.com/entertainment/article/The-Beach-Boys-Band-wraps-Alive-Five-series-601396.php

Bruce Johnston, who joined the group in 1965 and tours with the Love-led incarnation of the group, the Beach Boys Band, "hadn't really thought about it." But after some prodding, Johnston finally came up with an idea -- and it will have diehard fans salivating.

"Everyone's going really nuts and asking, `Are we going to do it?' " Johnston said during an interview from New Jersey last week.

Johnston envisions a "Beach Boys convention," with every living person who has ever been part of the band hosting informal seminars, vocal classes and unplugged performances.

Totally.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 04, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »

Totally.

Where can I get my ticket?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 04, 2010, 09:51:45 AM »

I guess it is because I didn't grow up when the Beach Boys were in their prime (and thus never saw them in concert or never felt the excitement of getting a brand new vinyl of 'Sunflower'), but I don't see the point in a reunion tour or a studio album....it seems to me it would hold Brian back from creating more music.

Frankly, I don't imagine any reunion show(s) would be musically outstanding... but just to see them up there once more, gathered around one mike and singing "Surfer Girl", or "Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring", well, if the thought of that doesn't move you then nothing will.

I feel that the central part of most good music is spirituality, and I suppose that Mike, Al, and Brian singing around a mic for one last concert together would be heavily spiritual and thus moving, so I see your point. Like I said, I didn't grow up with them when they were all around a mic together, so I really never thought about it that way.

Preach it, Brother.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 10, 2010, 02:14:47 PM »

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100810/LIFESTYLES01/8090329/-1/newsfront/Former+Beach+Boy+sends+%E2%80%98+Postcard+from+California+

“I don't think anyone is excited about it,” Jardine said. “Far from it. No one seems interested to get it done except the managers and the agents.”
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 10, 2010, 02:47:02 PM »

http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100810/LIFESTYLES01/8090329/-1/newsfront/Former+Beach+Boy+sends+%E2%80%98+Postcard+from+California+

“I don't think anyone is excited about it,” Jardine said. “Far from it. No one seems interested to get it done except the managers and the agents.”

His previous effusive yapping, tells me otherwise, why backtrack now?

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: August 10, 2010, 02:51:46 PM »

His previous effusive yapping, tells me otherwise, why backtrack now?

Maybe someone told him to ?  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 10, 2010, 02:53:52 PM »

Al's getting as bad as Mike

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:26 PM »

Four guys dancing around on a pin head - that's what we've had for months now. How hard is it to say "Yes, sign me up, I'll be there?"

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 10, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »

They're waiting for Brian's people to say something more committed than 'Brian Wilson Reimagines Gershwin is out on August 17th!'

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #211 on: August 11, 2010, 08:47:42 AM »

I am beginning to think that the reunion might not be a great idea. Brian has come so far in his solo career, with BWRG being a major event; Al has finally released his surprisingly good solo album; Mike and Bruce are touring as the Beach Boys for a long time now...

The fact that they have been using the Beach Boys name for so long certainly makes the reunion less exciting for the public-at-large. "I just saw the Beach Boys last year, who cares?" Maybe Bruce's idea is the best one, but it does not sound likely.

Interesting that Al still apparently mentions the concerts even when he says that no one is excited about it.

- B00ts
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 11, 2010, 01:00:42 PM »

more obscure tracks like "Do It Again."

US #20 and UK #1. Very obscure indeed.  Roll Eyes
alanjames
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 11, 2010, 03:41:16 PM »

This reunion is a silly idea.
Brian just released his best solo album, his best work since the 60's, with epic and superb production again, like Pet Sounds/Smile.
Brian revisited the best of the music from the past, but he don't need to revisit HIS past in a studio and/or live, re-recording tracks again or writing songs with Mike. It's a better choice write songs with Scott Bennett. Write songs with Mike now is like make a new wedding with your 2nd wife, after 5 marriages: why he need to go back his past that he didn't feel good to remember?
paterno4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 15, 2010, 01:21:30 PM »

News from The Rolling Stone: Jardine confirms one show, Live Nation pushing for tour (!?): http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/17386/183831
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 15, 2010, 01:28:31 PM »

That's from July 21, and has been, like Mike's assorted jumping-the-gun proclamations, backtracked upon.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #216 on: August 15, 2010, 01:50:46 PM »

This reunion is a silly idea.
Brian just released his best solo album, his best work since the 60's, with epic and superb production again, like Pet Sounds/Smile.
Brian revisited the best of the music from the past, but he don't need to revisit HIS past in a studio and/or live, re-recording tracks again or writing songs with Mike. It's a better choice write songs with Scott Bennett. Write songs with Mike now is like make a new wedding with your 2nd wife, after 5 marriages: why he need to go back his past that he didn't feel good to remember?
Yeah, eat your heart out, Myk. Razz
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 02, 2010, 03:27:45 PM »

Al still talking shows next year. He quotes 5 have been agreed.

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2010-09-02/music/al-jardine-would-much-rather-be-a-beach-boy-than-go-it-alone/
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 02, 2010, 03:29:33 PM »

I won't believe it until a statement from Brian's managment is made.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »

....or those ghosts! Wink
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »

I didn't realize Mike's vocal on that song was new.  I always assumed it was just the original recording from the 70's.  He said Mike recorded it on a laptop, that's pretty cool that he not only would o.k. it but go slightly out of his way to put a vocal on an Al Jardine album!  Damn.  That's great. 
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2010, 04:38:39 PM »

This is getting just as bad as Chinese Democracy.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 02, 2010, 04:42:08 PM »

I think Mike should go ahead and book 'em, since he holds the license, with an open invitation to join in to whoever is qualified and interested. This leading these guys one way and then another is BS. If Bri don't show up much it will be just like the past 50 years. Yeah, I said it.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 02, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »

I didn't realize Mike's vocal on that song was new.  I always assumed it was just the original recording from the 70's.  He said Mike recorded it on a laptop, that's pretty cool that he not only would o.k. it but go slightly out of his way to put a vocal on an Al Jardine album!  Damn.  That's great. 

I had heard he sang it threw the phone!

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx