gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:31:29 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: German California Dreamin' board -  (Read 5804 times)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2010, 09:45:05 AM »

For the Germen fans out here:

What's wrong with the California Dreamin' board at the moment(http://beachboys.freecp.net/Forum/index.php)? For days all I get is "phpBB : Kritischer Fehler  / Could not connect to the database". Any idea what happened?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2010, 09:49:25 AM »

I don't know what's wrong with the site. I get the same error.

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »

I guess it's just another problem with the server. It's not the first time it happens. Let's just wait 'til Jasper knows more

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 06:31:14 AM »

It's working.....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 08:32:11 AM »

yep, I just found out earlier today that everything's working again.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 11:20:26 PM »

Not for me.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 04:01:00 AM »

Not for me.

are you sure. Still works fine for me

(http://beachboys.freecp.net/Forum/index.php)

dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 12:10:00 PM »

It does, indeed

Watson, did you hear this?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 08:00:21 PM »

Not for me.

are you sure. Still works fine for me

(http://beachboys.freecp.net/Forum/index.php)
That's odd. It worked just now, but I got a 404 Error message last night.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 08:08:19 PM »

Is there a way to translate that board?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 10:50:11 PM »

o, absolutely: go here

warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 07:05:13 PM »

I'm glad that so many people are still interested in Jasper's board. I haven't looked at it in quite a while, but perhaps I will now.
Phil H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 01:14:49 AM »

Is there a way to translate that board?

I don't speak German, but I do use the Yahoo tool bar and the 'language and translation tool' icon that is there for you to choose from in the apps available. Once you've opened a post from a topic on the California Dreamin' board, you then click on the icon within your toolbar and within seconds you will get a translated version of the transcript. It's not perfect English, but you can get to understand what the general meaning of the post is. For example, I just tested a post where an Austrian member was asking whether they would be able to attend their fan meeting for 2010. The meeting was in Neuweid, Nr. Koblenz and starts at 3 o'clock. All are welcome but the person enquiring would have to make their own overnight arrangements for accomodation.

That's far easier than going to all that trouble of learning the language, as SMiLE-Holland suggested Grin.

The wonders of todays technology eh? LOL
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2010, 03:13:50 AM »

That's far easier than going to all that trouble of learning the language, as SMiLE-Holland suggested Grin.

The wonders of todays technology eh? LOL

I should've used a smiley when I made that remark...  Grin
For those not common with the German language I'd suggest the Yahoo or Google translator as well. Not a 100% perfect translation perhaps, but it makes it pretty much understandable.

Phil H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2010, 03:58:01 AM »

I should've used a smiley when I made that remark...  Grin

I don't know why but I somehow worked out you were probably joking anyway Smiley.

Be careful though, it works on the Dutch sites too Grin.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 05:10:40 AM »

It's not perfect English, but you can get to understand what the general meaning of the post is.

Ok, the race is on. Try to get a good translation out of any of my posts. I'm not even using perfect german.....  Grin

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx