gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 06:15:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's new album released August 17th  (Read 18277 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 08:50:24 AM »

All will become clear, in time. One thing I am aware of - this project has engaged Brian at a very high level. In one sense, Brian is a very simple guy - ask him to work on tat - "Speed Turtle", "California Sun" - and he'll dial it in: give him a challenge and he'll rise to it

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2010, 09:12:00 AM »

I imagine this music will suit Brian's mood and style at this point in his life, resulting in a well made record...I can't wait.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »

I still want a rock and roll record!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Dunderhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2010, 11:26:18 AM »

Brian just posted on his facebook that there is no official release date yet. Damn.

TEAM COHEN; OFFICIAL CAPTAIN (2013-)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 11:33:26 AM »

Brian just posted on his facebook that there is no official release date yet. Damn.

Brian did ?  Roll Eyes

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2010, 11:45:41 AM »

I don't have facebook, what did Brian post?

We need a Brian twitter/facebook update thread  Undecided

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2010, 12:03:04 PM »

Brian didn't post anything.  Grin

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2010, 12:39:39 PM »

Fans are speculating and rumors abound, but Disney has NOT yet set a release date for Brian's Gershwin album. You'll be the first to know as soon as we get word from Disney.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2010, 12:42:56 PM »

Brian didn't post anything.  Grin

Ok Scott or Jeff, or...  LOL

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »

Fans are speculating and rumors abound, but Disney has NOT yet set a release date for Brian's Gershwin album. You'll be the first to know as soon as we get word from Disney.

Thanks!

Come on Disney

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »

That is the sound of someone covering their backside.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2010, 12:53:19 PM »

Possibly Brian's camp planted that phony release date to get people talking? It worked.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2010, 03:07:48 PM »

All will become clear, in time. One thing I am aware of - this project has engaged Brian at a very high level. In one sense, Brian is a very simple guy - ask him to work on tat - "Speed Turtle", "California Sun" - and he'll dial it in: give him a challenge and he'll rise to it

I hope you're right. I feel this could be a 'legacy' issue for Brian (& co). The obits, the tributes etc...will have a lot more to focus on than the drugs/madness/comeback/Smile-revisited of Brian's post-60s life if this thing goes over well. A final high point of a life filled with them before a gentle glide into a well-desevered retirement of issuing box sets of unreleased material.
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2010, 03:35:15 PM »

I hope you're right. I feel this could be a 'legacy' issue for Brian (& co). The obits, the tributes etc...will have a lot more to focus on than the drugs/madness/comeback/Smile-revisited of Brian's post-60s life if this thing goes over well. A final high point of a life filled with them before a gentle glide into a well-desevered retirement of issuing box sets of unreleased material.

We can only hope  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2010, 04:05:28 PM »

The hell with the legacy, just gimme the box sets !

mtaber
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2010, 06:59:36 PM »

Hope the obits are still a ways off...
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »

You've heard it or some of it, then?

Just curious - no further badgering after that.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
absinthe_boy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2010, 11:23:57 AM »

Brian does seem enthused by the Gershwin project....lets face it, Rhapsody In Blue has been important to him for decades. The chance to work with unfinished Gershwin works and to rearrange some of his favourites could well be what lights a flame under his bum. And when Brian's enthusiasm is engaged, he can still do it.

As for the access to the site...I can always get on the board at home, but often cannot from work. Its not banned by the filter (work is a school) it comes up as a 404.
BJL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2010, 11:49:55 AM »

Brian does seem enthused by the Gershwin project....lets face it, Rhapsody In Blue has been important to him for decades. The chance to work with unfinished Gershwin works and to rearrange some of his favourites could well be what lights a flame under his bum. And when Brian's enthusiasm is engaged, he can still do it.

As for the access to the site...I can always get on the board at home, but often cannot from work. Its not banned by the filter (work is a school) it comes up as a 404.

I have the same problem...in the library or computer labs i get a 404, but at home i can access fine.

as for the album i'm insanely excited.  I got excited for TLOS, and hey, it was fricken awesome!!!  So i pretty much can't help myself but be excited for this!
JaredLekites
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2010, 12:05:25 PM »

What's great is that Brian is going to introduce a lot of people to the glory of Gershwin... something not many other people of his generation have even thought of doing, I'm sure. You don't see the likes of Paul McCartney remaking "Porgy & Bess".

If the wonderful orchestrations on Lucky Old Sun were a glimpse of what's to come on this new album, then we are in for a real treat. I applaud the folks of the Gershwin family/estate for recognizing how 'in tune' with Gershwin Brian is.

jaredlekites.bandcamp.com/
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2010, 02:00:20 PM »

Brian does seem enthused by the Gershwin project....lets face it, Rhapsody In Blue has been important to him for decades.

Yeah, about six decades! I'm looking forward to this as well. Very pleasant news to read (even if it's being denied) after weeks of not being able to access this board.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »

Brian did ?  Roll Eyes

There is an official message about this on the BW message board:

http://www.brianwilson.com/cgi-bin/community/viewmessage.cgi?r=1273083985244410372&l=level2

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Andreas
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2010, 02:58:17 AM »

I wish Brian would sing some of the songs that Fred Astaire introduced, especially:
Nice Work if You Can Get It
They Can't Take That Away From Me
A Foggy Day
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2010, 06:02:31 AM »

This album is going to be great.  The songs are well written, Brian's going to hit a homerun with them. 
Seaside Woman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2010, 02:40:50 PM »

This album is going to be great.  The songs are well written, Brian's going to hit a homerun with them. 

Wouldn't it be ironic if he had a huge hit with this album. I would love it if he did, but it would be right out of left field.

Caretaker in an aesthetic prison of my own dimension.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx