gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 01:35:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Best/Worst Mike Love Compositions Without Brian Wilson  (Read 5095 times)
rogerlancelot
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2014, 03:18:35 PM »

Mike's best compositions can be found on the avant gardely groundbreaking milestone record When Sounds:

It's missing "Can't Stop Talkin' About American Girls". Is that on the intended follow-up album SHiTE?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 03:24:39 PM »

Best: We Got Love

I have read an interview somewhere with Ricky or Blondie (or both) and they said they didn't know why Mike got a credit on the song.
Would love to hear more about Mike's work with the two guys.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2014, 03:30:13 PM »

Best: Big Sur or Wrinkles
Worst: Summer of Love

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2014, 04:18:20 PM »

I like a few of those (and loathe a few, too), but would say these are my favorites from that list: All This is That, Big Sur, Don't Go Near the Water, Kokomo, and Only With You. I also like Cool Head, Warm Heart and Pacific Ocean Blues.

As for worst, I'll skip it.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
startBBtoday
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2014, 04:29:17 PM »

To be completely honest, I only included "worst" because I didn't want any accusations that I was being paid by BRI.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2014, 09:57:33 PM »

« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:04:20 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2014, 10:46:51 PM »

Best = All This is That
Worst = Problem Child (which I believe Mike wrote with Melcher)

Nope. Problem Child was written by Terry Melcher alone.

Then I shall change my worst to Island Fever which is such a blatant Kokomo rewrite.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Nicko1234
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2014, 11:00:18 PM »

I know that Bells of Christmas has been credited to Al,, Mike and Ron Altbach but this seems wrong. Brian has a credit on Belles of Paris and he based his On Christmas Day song on the tune so I would guess he had at least a hand in the music.

Best songs: All This is That, Big Sur, I Don`t Wanna Know, Glow Crescent Glow, Only With You, Somewhere Near Japan, Pacific Ocean Blues, Sad Sad Summer, Don`t Run Away, Cool Head Warm Heart etc.

Worst song: Summer of Love by a furlong.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2014, 09:06:13 AM »

Listening to Summer of Love right now.

I'm sticking with Everyone Is In Love With You as the worst.  Summer of Love is too iconic in its badness.  Too emblematic.  With the easy-going "rap" of its verse to its "it's a Love-Thing" bassline -- it's the song you play to show someone the bottom of the Beach Boys barrel.  So, in a sense, it's too good (in that respect) to be the worst.

Now listeing to Everyone Is In Love With You -- and it's not funny-bad.  It's pathetic!  There's no reason to like this!!

Jim Rockford
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2014, 11:10:25 AM »

Listening to Summer of Love right now.

I'm sticking with Everyone Is In Love With You as the worst.  Summer of Love is too iconic in its badness.  Too emblematic.  With the easy-going "rap" of its verse to its "it's a Love-Thing" bassline -- it's the song you play to show someone the bottom of the Beach Boys barrel.  So, in a sense, it's too good (in that respect) to be the worst.

Now listeing to Everyone Is In Love With You -- and it's not funny-bad.  It's pathetic!  There's no reason to like this!!

It's terrible. It just makes me wanna vomit. Nothing good about it.  "Everyone's in love with you...  Though you can't fall in love with anyone...." eghhghghggh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi2l5PUtQ5E

That would be the worst in my opinion. The best would be Big Sur. Just love that song.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKUILZqZpkg
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx