gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 12:06:08 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dennis Wilson Nervous Breakdown @ WMMS Radio 1977 Photos  (Read 6406 times)
jmrockandroll
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: April 19, 2010, 06:29:15 PM »

Hi Beach Boys fans....

About a million years ago in a city far, far away....well, that would be Cleveland, OH....Dennis Wilson came to radio station WMMS to partake in a Friday ritual known as the "Get Down".  That would be hosted by WMMS personality Murray Saul.  On this occasion, it was videotaped, audiotaped, and still photos were taken (by me) as WMMS planned to make a TV commercial with Dennis Wilson participating.

Dennis brought a VERY large jug o' whiskey with him.  As Murray's rant went on, Dennis lost control, began sobbing, and told Murray about his father Murray and some of the not so pleasant childhood memories he had.

The video and audio-taping was stopped.  Warner Bros. execs confiscated the tapes.  They forgot about me.  Until a couple days afterwards, when I was told by Warner Bros. execs that my photos had better not ever be printed or I would not have a career in the music biz.  As I was 22 at the time, I thought it prudent to lose the negs.

I found them again today as I was going through my negative archives.

If there is a Beach Boys fan out there who thinks this roll of film is something they would want for their collection, please contact me @ jmrockandroll@sbcglobal.net

I'm fine holding onto them, and putting them back into the archives.  On the other hand, buying groceries and having my car fixed holds some allure.

Rock on...
Janet

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 05:55:42 AM »

Shocked

maybe you should upload it so we can see it and examine what we can do with it.    Wink

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:27:09 AM »

A few low-resolution samples might attract more potential buyers. Just sayin'  Roll Eyes

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
jmrockandroll
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 05:43:30 PM »

Hi Beach Boys fans
I'm happy to say that the Dennis Wilson negs I spoke about yesterday are going to go home to live with the Wilson family.  I'm glad I brought up the subject because it led me to a person who was able to make that happen.  Very good news.  The best news.

Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 06:19:49 PM »

-message erased-
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 06:23:42 PM by Don_Zabu » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 12:30:59 AM »

Hi Beach Boys fans
I'm happy to say that the Dennis Wilson negs I spoke about yesterday are going to go home to live with the Wilson family.  I'm glad I brought up the subject because it led me to a person who was able to make that happen.  Very good news.  The best news.

I think that's indeed the best solution.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:03:59 PM »

I agree. There are just certain things that should be kept private. We hardcore fans tend to forget that sometimes.  Smiley

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 02:27:31 AM »

I agree. There are just certain things that should be kept private. We hardcore fans tend to forget that sometimes.  Smiley

I agree as well, that's probably the best solution, but hey, being BB fans, we've definitely already been treated to worse things.  Lips Sealed

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2010, 01:07:20 PM »

This thread just reminded me of this autobiography that Brian Wilson wrote in 1970 that he let me hold onto that I had completely forgotten about until now. Would anyone like me to scan some pages from it??? It really is fascinating! I just can't believe that no one knew about this.

EDIT: Hey guys, sorry I can't scan any pages. Brian called me and asked for it back. =] I'm glad everything worked out for the best.  Grin
dennyschild
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 01:12:52 PM »

Hi Beach Boys fans

I would have loved to seen it. I guess, it may be better i didn't. I don't know...im confussed.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx