gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681101 Posts in 27629 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 23, 2024, 07:17:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian/Andy Paley  (Read 1702 times)
exposedbrain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2010, 03:44:34 PM »

Does anyone know if they are still friends? They worked so well together it would be amazing if they got together to do an album that would actually be released.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 04:58:50 PM »

Don't think that's gonna happen. Andy rejoined the Brian-capades in the early 2000s and was tossed out after a couple of years. It's my understanding that few people think better of him than he does.

As for working well together -- there were some good things, but his vision for Brian was very firmly retro. Brian's work with Scott has been IMHO much more inspired.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 05:24:23 PM »

I'm not gonna pretend that I know the truth but I think Brian might still be on OK terms with Paley; he and his daughters did BVs on a Spongebob thing by Paley and on several boots from 2009 Brian introduces "Soul Searchin'" as a "song me and my friend wrote." But yeah, hardly any chance they will work together again. They did some sessions in 2002 which resulted in "Desert Drive," which is, in my opinion, the only track on GIOMH with a good lead vocal, good BVs and a strong track.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 05:37:32 PM »

Forgot about SpongeBob -- you're right. Also, some BW band members still play with him in an LA lounge music project, I believe. The Desert Drive sessions were also with Foskett and Darian. It wasn't exactly a Brian-Andy two-man band thing.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2010, 06:21:25 PM »

The Desert Drive sessions were also with Foskett and Darian. It wasn't exactly a Brian-Andy two-man band thing.
Right you are, and the only song on the album where Darian is present I do believe. And they wonder why the album sucks? Grin

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Jason
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 07:34:14 PM »

Darian's all over BWPS. 'Nuff said.  Wink
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 07:36:27 PM »

Darian's all over BWPS. 'Nuff said.  Wink
Right. And it's pretty much as good a Smile album as could have been expected at the time.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx