gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681364 Posts in 27636 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 04, 2024, 11:22:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Oh, wouldn't it be nice...  (Read 1149 times)
jammer730
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »

...if there was a recording of Brian singing this song (WIBN) live before he wrecked his voice? My wife and I were talking about it, and we agreed nobody sings that song like Brian did in 1966. However, we both think Carl came the closest. Can anybody come up with a possible recording of Brian doing this song early on. I was so psyched to finally listen to the '67 Hawaii concerts, and then utterly saddened to hear Al belt out the lead, oh well.   Grin
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 07:31:31 PM »

I am not aware of any live recordings but I respectfully disagree on the who sounds the closest. For me, I always preferred Al singing this song, even as he got older and lost some range. I think it has to do with the phrasings and clarity in his voice. Carl used weird phrasings to me and the first line sounds like " Wouldn't It be Nice if we were ooooddderrr then we wouldnt have to wait so wong.
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:11 AM »

I still can't figure out why they had Al sing lead in Hawaii '67. I agree he had the best voice to sing it out of everyone else, but Brian was actually there for that one.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx