-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:26:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Suicide
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Suicide  (Read 10263 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2010, 06:14:55 PM »

I was just wondering, has anybody here seriously contemplated, or attempted, suicide?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »

Not something I care to talk about in detail too much, or ever imagined posting on an internet forum, but I contemplated for a while but didn't have the guts to follow through. Panic and anxiety played a large role. What got me out of it was an increased amount of love and care around me and also the fact that far more people cared about me than I thought.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 07:57:48 PM »

To be honest, I'm 21, and if my emotional life continues to progress at the same rate it is now, I hope to be dead by 25-30.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 08:04:47 PM »

In September my Dad died. A few months before that? a family friend who I'd known literally all my life was found dead, laying in his pool. A few days ago, my Aunts son died. Now, I've learned my Uncle has stomach cancer. Everywhere I look, something else happens. My life is a joke. Never had a girlfriend...don't expect to any time soon. I can't work because of my health and other problems. A man once said "I'm stuck in a strange hell, with no hope of escaping".
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:52:04 PM by Jay » Logged

Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:34:06 AM »

Keep the faith, fella's...we all have music in common. Good music at that, too. Remember what SMiLE! was all about. Laughter, humor, a moment when all is dropped. I'm not going to endeavor into detail about what I've been through, but I can say that music has been my companion, my muse, and I've got a notion that we all can relate to that feeling of awe when good sounds penetrate our membranes in the souls of our being. Even if we have absolutely nothing in common with our surroundings we can come to a place like the SS message board to rap about the great art of the Beach Boys, among other things....and we're there.  Afro
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:14:12 AM by noname » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 08:33:10 PM »

Keep the faith, fella's...we all have music in common. Good music at that, too. Remember what SMiLE! was all about. Laughter, humor, a moment when all is dropped. I'm not going to endeavor into detail about what I've been through, but I can say that music has been my companion, my muse, and I've got a notion that we all can relate to that feeling of awe when good sounds penetrate our membranes in the souls of our being. Even if we have absolutely nothing in common with our surroundings we can come to a place like the SS message board to rap about the great art of the Beach Boys, among other things....and we're there.  Afro
Amen, brother.  Smiley

LetHimRun
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:11:20 PM »

Keep care of yourselves, guys. More people care about you than you may think. noname is right in that music is a very, very good immediate source. Try to keep at least that and try to find someone out there. There are people who care--family, etc. Seek them.

Jay...those who have lost lives could use you for support. You could make a difference. There is a coping measure for yourself. Maybe that could be yours...to help them and know you do have a part that is important. They in turn could hopefully show you support because of the loss of your father.

As for Dada...you're 21. Twenty-one. You have way too much to look forward to (and don't say you don't because you do). I'm not going to pry into what your emotional problems are, but maybe you need to distance yourself (in a healthy way) from what is triggering those problems. You need to find something to help you cope with what is going on. Enabling cope is a reliever.

You both have importance. Always remember that.
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 11:50:15 PM »

I find creativity to be a great emotional outlet. Music and writing are my crutches. At the same time, the attitudes of other people in this world will make me wonder what I'm doing here. You walk around, you talk to people, and 99.99999% of what's going on seems absolutely crazy. That being said, I don't think the Michigan suburbs are a very cultural place, so maybe there is better out there in the world...
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 02:37:42 PM »

Where exactly in the Michigan suburbs, dada?
damdamdam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2010, 05:14:08 AM »

Hang in there. People who survive suicide attempts always say later they're infinitely grateful they stayed alive. You always come out the other side of depression. Help is available -- go demand some and don't stop until you get some that works! There WILL be good times ahead. I do know how bad it can suck in the meantime and how it seems impossible that things could get better. Just get some help. See some kind of counsellor regularly at the very least.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2010, 08:15:46 AM »

Live while you can: there's a whole eternity for being dead. Light sneaks its way in, and when you least expect it, it's blinding and beautiful. Do not go willingly.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »

Live while you can: there's a whole eternity for being dead. Light sneaks its way in, and when you least expect it, it's blinding and beautiful. Do not go willingly.
Are you quoting anyone or did you come up with that yourself?

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2010, 12:49:26 PM »

I cite sources when i quote; that was me. Why?

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2010, 03:46:26 PM »

It's a nice thought that I thought I had heard somewhere.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »

Well while they're my words, it's definitely a thought that isn't unique to me. "Do not go gentle into that good night," Dylan Thomas wrote.

Jason
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 05:15:35 PM »

This thread makes me want to kill myself.  LOL Just a little humor to lighten the mood.

Seriously though...suicide is never the way to go no matter how much pain you're in. There are always avenues to take in order to deal with what's on your plate. Everyone has their own ideas; some would rather put their faith in Jesus, Abraham, Muhammad, Confucius, Buddha, marijuana, or Eric Clapton, some would rather talk out their problems, some would rather channel their energies into creativity. No problem is unsolvable; no hurt is incurable. Sometimes it takes dedication, sometimes it takes discussion, sometimes it takes medicine, but there's no reason to end your life and effectively ensure that everyone who does care about you ends up suffering when they lose you.

The only real currency we have in this world consists of the air in our lungs and the thoughts in our minds. Think about it. People come and go. Money can be replaced. Concentrate on the here and now, not the future, and certainly not the past. I know I'm sounding like a member of the Church of Satan here, but if you feel like ending your life, sometimes you DO have to come first.

And if anyone needs an example of why they shouldn't end their life, I'd implore that you think about the board on which you're posting and who we always talk about on here. Brian Wilson has a lot on his plate, and he's worked through it. And he has a serious mental ailment. If he can come back from years of self-destruction and reinvent himself, surely you can too.

Just a thought.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2010, 05:22:10 PM »

some would rather put their faith in ... Eric Clapton
DON'T DO IT! Things will get better. Just hold on.

Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2010, 06:26:37 PM »

LOL

Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2010, 06:07:23 AM »

And don't forget, suicidal ones, that Brian and the Beach Boys love you.

That should be enough to get us through the day.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2010, 10:09:13 AM »

And don't forget, suicidal ones, that Brian and the Beach Boys love you.

That should be enough to get us through the day.
Life isn't worth living for me unless I can get a roller skating child of my own!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
JaredLekites
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 07:47:04 PM »

Life is for the living. Wink

jaredlekites.bandcamp.com/
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2010, 02:47:54 PM »

I have had thoughts of it too but not since about 4 years ago. I've become a much happier person once I realized that people's opinions are just that and are not fact (something the whole world needs to wake up and realize.)

Life is for the living. Wink

Bit OT but didn't realize you posted here man. I've seen you on youtube and your voice is outstanding!  Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: