gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:38:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: When Beach Boys sound like other Beach Boys.  (Read 19715 times)
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 04, 2011, 11:31:08 AM »

"Then I kissed her" on Summer Days sounds very much like Carl or Brian but its Al.

Al sounds a bit like Wild Honey era Carl on that one - perhaps not so ironically, one of the most debated vocal credits on Wild Honey when we went through them was Carl's lead on "How She Bugalooed It," with a lot of people thinking it was Al.
Bill M
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: March 04, 2011, 12:29:32 PM »

Yes, but that's Carl sounding like Al, as opposed to Al sounding like Carl.
Or perhaps it's Carl sounding like Al sounding like Carl. Undecided
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2012, 11:50:06 PM »

All this recent board talk of "Goin' South" got me to re-listen to it a bunch of times...

Does anyone else think that Carl sounds like a dead ringer for a younger Dennis (1969-ish?) in Goin' South at 1:06 during the line "Fly away so gracefully"? (especially on the word "gracefully")... I'm certain the brothers were influencing each others' vocal inflections greatly, and probably subconciously, in many ways.
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2012, 02:11:04 AM »

Truth is, it's all Carol Kaye - she did everything. Bass, drums, guitar, keyboards, horns, vocals, composing, arranging, producing - hell, she even put the discs in the sleeves and loaded the trucks. She was everything, The Beach Boys were nothing. Believe it.  Thumbs Up

I heard Carol Kaye is also Phil Cohen... Cheesy

But back on track, I'm still (after 15 years of fandom) surprised by who sings what. I thought Brian sang all of the lead vox in Breakaway, but now it's Al doing the chorus?
Jukka
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2012, 02:27:57 AM »

When I first heard Love You, I couldn't always tell Brian from Dennis. Same thing with some 15 Big Ones tracks. I guess cocaine is a hell of a drug.

"Surfing and cars were okay but there was a war going on."
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2012, 02:34:53 AM »

On I Just Wasn't Made For These Times, Brian sounds alot like dennis on the 'hind' of Be-Hind, and the 'ound' of f-ound.

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2012, 04:08:32 AM »

When I first heard Love You, I couldn't always tell Brian from Dennis. Same thing with some 15 Big Ones tracks. I guess cocaine is a hell of a drug.

How much coke were you doing...?

I'd love some more raw vocals from the guys though, a la 15BO and LY. I'm not a fan of autotuning a band whose main selling point is their harmony and vocal blend.
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2012, 05:26:06 AM »

Mike on "Meant For You" sounds a lot like Brian.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2012, 01:41:17 PM »

I THINK the coda on ADITLOAT is Jack Riely(yes, I know I spelled it wrong), Al, and Van Dyke.
Brian can actually be heard on the coda, however.  He's doing the "da-da dah-da" in the background that is reminiscent of the At My Window tag.

One song that trips me out a bit is Cuddle Up, mainly because there are so many little vocal bits in the background through the course of the song that are constantly changing voices. Come to think of it, I really want to know if Brian is audible at all on the album.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 01:44:43 PM by TimeToGetAlone » Logged
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2012, 12:41:26 PM »

Brian's 'I LOve You' at the end of PLMW sounds exactly like Carl.

Because it is Carl.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx