gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 04:31:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's Eyes  (Read 4349 times)
SmileySam
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2010, 08:17:47 AM »

I heard something about how he had minor surgery or somethin' around the eyes back in the eighties. My question is why? Was there something wrong?
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2010, 10:11:26 AM »

I know that he had a crushed cheekbone repaired during the Landy era.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2010, 11:31:11 AM »

The Landy partyline was he had his cheekbone corrected which had been bashed in by Murry as a kid. In reality I think it was glaringly obvious that Brian had a major facelift , no doubt pushed into it by Landy. Apparently you can't launch a solo career in your mid forties if you actually look your age.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:57:00 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 12:07:05 PM »

Well also he'd lost a lot of weight - that creates bags and wrinkles and double/triple chins after the weight comes off.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 08:35:09 AM »

i doubt he had a major face lift.  Considering he looks normal now. 
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2010, 05:30:31 AM »

Seriously take at look at pictures from the (ahem) "autobiography" era and the whole legally cutting off Landy period and then say he didn't have any Hollywood procedures performed on his face.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2010, 06:54:46 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2010, 06:42:22 AM »

In some of those photos from the 80s, he looked MUCH older than he was. A combination of weight loss (excess skin) and the effects of drug use, I guess. He must have had something done, because he looked much better by the late 80s. It's the best facelift I've ever seen. To me, he looks like a regular 67-year-old now. Normal aging. With an amazing head of hair.

Did he also have laser surgery? He never seems to wear glasses, and I can't imagine him putting in contacts every day or having perfect eyesight at his age.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2010, 07:46:16 AM »

Yeah, and he used to wear old man glasses during the Landy days too.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2010, 08:06:08 AM »

Usually with a face lift - especially when you're used to seeing the celebrity and there are several photos in circulation - you can notice the face lift immediately, especially around the eyes. I can't see it with Brian. I don't see a point/picture in the late 1980's where I see a picture and think, "What happened to his face?"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 08:29:44 AM »

He did have a face lift though...it's documented. Hell, it indirectly led to Brian being freed!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 08:38:51 AM »

He did have a face lift though...it's documented. Hell, it indirectly led to Brian being freed!

Here's another one of those stories that I need a refresher on.... police

I thought I read that Brian was at the doctor's office or even on the operating table, and Brian was having some kind of adverse reaction - to something - and the doctor couldn't go through with the surgery and sent him home.

Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »

My understanding is that the face lift was down around the same time as the cheekbone repair. Later, Brian had the cheekbone implant removed. The face lift was a fairly subtle one and, as these kind of procedures go, the natural aging process erased its effects after seven or eight years. Since I don't believe Brian has had any additional "work" done since the late 80s, he doesn't have that awkward stretched look.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 01:39:36 PM »

My understanding is that the face lift was down around the same time as the cheekbone repair. Later, Brian had the cheekbone implant removed. The face lift was a fairly subtle one and, as these kind of procedures go, the natural aging process erased its effects after seven or eight years. Since I don't believe Brian has had any additional "work" done since the late 80s, he doesn't have that awkward stretched look.

Roger, do happen to know when (maybe the year) Brian had the surgery? I'b be interested in researching some before-and-after pictures; there's a lot out there.

Also, a little more on what I think I read. Didn't the doctor check Brian out, discover all of the stuff (Landy drugs) that Brian was on, and said something to the effect, "Get him out of here. I'm not gonna be responsible for something that might happen to him (during surgery)." Does anybody remember reading something like that; I know it's been awhile.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 01:51:10 PM »

Roger, do happen to know when (maybe the year) Brian had the surgery? I'b be interested in researching some before-and-after pictures; there's a lot out there.

Also, a little more on what I think I read. Didn't the doctor check Brian out, discover all of the stuff (Landy drugs) that Brian was on, and said something to the effect, "Get him out of here. I'm not gonna be responsible for something that might happen to him (during surgery)." Does anybody remember reading something like that; I know it's been awhile.

You are correct, sir - first reported in Timothy White's The Nearest Faraway Place. The facelift was scheduled for March 27th, 1989 at Century City Hospital, but was postponed when the surgeon discovered the degree of medication Brian was on. The operation eventually took place three days later.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 02:22:20 PM »

I've heard it whispered that during said surgery Brian nearly died on the table...and although I have no idea if it's true, that he might've had a small stroke during. Again, I can't say if any of this is true just that I've heard it.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 02:30:36 PM »

I've heard it whispered that during said surgery Brian nearly died on the table...and although I have no idea if it's true, that he might've had a small stroke during. Again, I can't say if any of this is true just that I've heard it.

I'd heard the same things.
Amy B.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 02:38:29 PM »

You are correct, sir - first reported in Timothy White's The Nearest Faraway Place. The facelift was scheduled for March 27th, 1989 at Century City Hospital, but was postponed when the surgeon discovered the degree of medication Brian was on. The operation eventually took place three days later.

Interesting. I would have thought he'd have the facelift before the release of his 1988 solo album. I remember thinking he looked good on the cover of the album, but maybe that image wasn't entirely truthful.
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2010, 03:06:25 PM »

Undoubtedly his image on the "Imagination" sleeve had undergone some "photo enhancement".

punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2010, 08:46:29 PM »

that's one thing I always thought about Brian (from all the documentary footage/pics), his face morfed multiple times, sometimes, it's hard from me to recognize him in the 70s from the way he looked in the 60s.....somebody should make a morphing BW face from 1955-2010

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2010, 10:07:32 PM »

Same here.

MBE
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 10:34:56 PM »

Same here.
I have a USA Network documentary on Paul McCartney from 1986. Brian is interviewed and is slurring like crazy. I could swear he may have had a stroke as early as that.
 Anyhow I heard the stroke story many years ago from a Beach Boys historian who doesn't post here. This was back in 1995 or so.
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 11:42:14 PM »

someone mentioned how his face morphed.  Weirdly he looks more like Brian of the 1960's now then he did in the late 70s-80's.  at least he looks like the old version of Brian. especially in smile time.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2010, 12:54:39 PM »

Same here.
I have a USA Network documentary on Paul McCartney from 1986. Brian is interviewed and is slurring like crazy. I could swear he may have had a stroke as early as that.
 Anyhow I heard the stroke story many years ago from a Beach Boys historian who doesn't post here. This was back in 1995 or so.
I've seen the Sgt. Pepper 20th anniversery doc several times from 1987, and Brian looks terrible.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2010, 04:38:09 PM »

For comparison's sake: Brian from 1983-1990

I THINK this is 1989, can someone confirm?

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx