gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 12:22:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: a new song on myspace: "Red Light Flashes"  (Read 2240 times)
louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Have you ever been on an airplane?

View Profile
« on: February 15, 2010, 12:00:22 AM »

Hi folks!, for those who maybe interested, i added a new song on myspace, is a pop tune called "Red Light Flashes", is a demo, i am still learning how to make a good record. i must say that when i hear most of the recordings from forum members i feel a little embarrased for the quality of my recordings, But at the same time i feel encouraged to participate and share my work with you all pop lovers. Thanks Smiley
http://www.myspace.com/Tykes16
warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 12:38:23 AM »

hey louielouie,

i don't think you should be embarrassed about your recordings. it's actually much better than a lot of people could muster. It's also a very interesting song and I like the way you used the guitar.

i wish i had more to talk about, but I like it.

Thanks for sharing.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, 03:33:20 PM »

Hey, louielouie, we're all still trying to learn how to make a good record. Bob Dylan or Paul McCartney would probably tell you the same thing, too. So there's no reason to be embarrassed; instead, just keep writing, playing, recording, and sharing. This is a nice song. I like the organ sound and the chord progression throughout. I'd like to hear the background vocals more distinctly, maybe if they were in a different register than the lead, or even if the lead were pushed to another part of the stereo spectrum to give more space between them.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
louielouie
Smiley Smile Associate

Have you ever been on an airplane?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »

Thank you for the thoughts and insights guys.

I will take into account your advice Luther, particularly the thing about the background vocals, i´m still strugglin to get the rigth distribution in the mix. Thanks a lot.

hey louielouie,

i don't think you should be embarrassed about your recordings. it's actually much better than a lot of people could muster. It's also a very interesting song and I like the way you used the guitar.

i wish i had more to talk about, but I like it.

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you like it warnakey, thank you. Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx