gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:13:48 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Demo of "Sarah"  (Read 2291 times)
wallabie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »

Hi,
Bernd Harmsen and I wrote a new song. IŽve recorded a rough Demo this weekend. Would be lovely if youŽd have a listen and tell me what you think... what can I do to improve?

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8731455

"Even a broken clock is right twice a day"
www.beachboys-germany.com
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:28:21 AM »

Very pretty song. I really like the piano instrumental bit about a minute and a half in. Some of the chord changes about 3 minutes in (when the extra voices come in) are really cool, unexpected and interesting. I also like the idea of harmony vocals (and could even do with more), but I think you could redo the added voices so it's a bit tighter throughout that part. For my taste, all the vocals are a bit too prominent in the mix. I am also not a fan of the strings--I'd rather hear acoustic guitar or organ sounds. But I realize that this type of song tends to go that route, so don't take too much stock in my personal preferences. Again--nice song.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx