gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:15:22 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New recording of "We Are The World" includes Brian & Alan.  (Read 18062 times)
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2010, 06:38:30 PM »

The rap part blows, but I kinda like it the first few minutes.

Look at when the camera pans to Brian, he puts on his fake smile, pretty hilarious

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2010, 03:20:28 PM »

I really like the way I could hear Al Syncopate the vocals.  We are the World da ba daba de da de da!
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »

Where exactly can you hear that?

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2010, 03:41:56 PM »

Grin
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2010, 04:04:51 PM »

I am just joking, based on the Help Me Rhonda tapes....They should have tried to include "The Colonel's Song."
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2010, 08:18:06 PM »

Enough with the fucking autotune already! Obviously its used for effect with some people (which still sounds awful), but I can hear it used for "perfection" purposes on just about every other vocal on here. Tony Bennett does not need to be frigging autotuned. They even did it to Michael's original vocal - was that really necessary?

I can't wait until this fad dies out. For effect or for fixing things that often don't even need to be fixed, it sounds fucking awful and it's really gonna date things once people get over it. Remember those awesome synth drums in the 80s? Remember when it was cool to add gobs and gobs of chamber reverb over everything in the 80s? Yeah, those recordings suck and so do these.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
warnakey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2010, 11:07:07 PM »

Wyclef Jean sounds like he was trying to do his best "Tarzan" in this debacle.
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2010, 04:21:13 AM »

Could someone please explain me what exactly 'autotune' is? :D

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2010, 04:26:52 AM »

Good q. By inference I think that it is a device that automatically corrects for wavering, out of tune vocals. Am I right?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2010, 06:20:18 AM »

Go to youtube and listen to 'Believe' by Cher.

That is extreme autotune, done for effect, but it can be done using smaller 'increments' if you know what I mean to achieve a less-jarring sound.

Autotune grabs every fractional note and rounds it off to the nearest whole note, thus removing much of the personality of the singer from the voice.

A Quantum of Silence, if you will pardon the pun.
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2010, 07:04:43 AM »

I hate this kinda stuff.  "We are the world...we are the children?"  What does that even mean!?   LOL

Not to throw any cold water on a nice gesture...I do just hate this stuff.  Just donate money!  As if all the star power of the stars means anything to ANYBODY in the "world" that "we are" outside of the "we" who think "we are the world?"

Wall

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2010, 07:14:18 AM »

This has to be the one picture I thought I'd never see  Grin

Haven't had a chance to read this thread, but this is hilarious, and what's funny is it looks like Al is thinking 'who is this nobody?'

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Bean Bag
Smiley Smile Associate

Right?

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2010, 08:29:39 AM »

This has to be the one picture I thought I'd never see  Grin

Haven't had a chance to read this thread, but this is hilarious, and what's funny is it looks like Al is thinking 'who is this nobody?'

LOL I can tell you want Kanye is thinking:  "We are the world?  Naah...I'm the world."

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2010, 12:25:50 PM »

I am soooooo out of touch. When the 1985 version came out, I could identify everybody in the video. For this 2010 version, I need captions underneath because I have no idea who half of those people are.

Half Sheriff?  I'm too embarrassed to admit the total number I could name but don't mind giving a clue. If you exclude Brian and Al (too easy, right?) then 25% of those I could name died before Christmas.

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2010, 01:17:18 PM »

Good q. By inference I think that it is a device that automatically corrects for wavering, out of tune vocals. Am I right?

If you care for an example of autotune used very carelessly, may I point you in the general direction of the Live at Knebworth 1980 DVD.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2010, 01:56:40 PM »

If you care for an example of autotune used very carelessly, may I point you in the general direction of the Live at Knebworth 1980 DVD.
Really?  Well they should have autotuned some of Mr. Love's leads a little more. He was really bad on alot of that show.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2010, 05:33:17 PM »

I'm sorry, but is anyone else wondering if Al is asking Kanye what all those funny little dots and squiggles are with the lyrics?

He's asking the wrong guy, should have asked the guy in the orange shirt on his right!
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2010, 05:47:38 PM »

I hate this kinda stuff.  "We are the world...we are the children?"  What does that even mean!?   LOL

Actually I'd say it's one of Michael's better lyrics, he's saying (as I interpret it) that instead of being selfish you should see yourself as the world, or as the children, and be selfish about that instead.  Later in his career he of course went off the deep end with that overblown pretentious stuff, but for a few years there he walked a fine line of making big, over the top corny philosophical statements that actually worked pretty well.  By the time he got to "Heal The World" it was a little too much, and it went wayyyyyyyy downhill from there.  Man In The Mirror really worked, although he didn't write that.  "We Are The World" is just about as good as he got, imho.
Don_Zabu
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2010, 11:49:31 AM »

Justin friggin' Bieber gets to be in the same room as Brian Wilson and Al Jardine and I don't. It hasn't been a good day.
summerinparadise.flac
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2010, 04:34:59 PM »

I really like the way I could hear Al Syncopate the vocals.  We are the World da ba daba de da de da!

I'm a genius too, Bieber.

"I'll haunt you like a ghost"
-Brian Wilson, the Ruby song from Party.

Please support the Beach Boys without being a rude dude or grumpy gus.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx