gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 11:06:44 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine EP  (Read 55007 times)
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:33 AM »

If it ever comes out...

It is quite something to see the names Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, David Marks and Bruce Johnston listed as featuring on an Al Jardine album, though.

If these guys are all on the album than Al really should somehow include Dennis too. Maybe Al could for instance take a recording of Dennis talking, and put it on an interlude, an intro or an outro or something... I'd love that.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 11:06:51 AM by shelter » Logged
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: March 16, 2010, 02:00:53 PM »

If it ever comes out...

It is quite something to see the names Brian Wilson, Carl Wilson, Mike Love, David Marks and Bruce Johnston listed as featuring on an Al Jardine album, though.

If these guys are all on the album than Al really should somehow include Dennis too. Maybe Al could for instance take a recording of Dennis talking, and put it on an interlude, an intro or an outro or something... I'd love that.

Well...if "Don't Fight The Sea" uses the original track recorded in 1976, then Dennis IS included, as he drummed on that version.
b00ts
Smiley Smile Associate

Greldont

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: March 16, 2010, 09:54:10 PM »

"Don't Fight The Sea" sure does seem to have Mike Love singing the bass vocal from approximately 2:20 to 2:30. Perhaps promotional considerations for a potential 50th anniversary reunion are preventing Al from listing all the Beach Boys as performing on DFTS?

Edit: I know this has been discussed up thread and dismissed; I am asserting that Mike is on the track in spite of what the liberal media might want you to think.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 09:56:04 PM by b00ts » Logged

- B00ts
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: March 16, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »

"Don't Fight The Sea" sure does seem to have Mike Love singing the bass vocal from approximately 2:20 to 2:30. Perhaps promotional considerations for a potential 50th anniversary reunion are preventing Al from listing all the Beach Boys as performing on DFTS?

Edit: I know this has been discussed up thread and dismissed; I am asserting that Mike is on the track in spite of what the liberal media might want you to think.

My ears agree with you.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: March 17, 2010, 04:45:10 AM »

More than just 2:20 to 2:30...I hear his voice on all the choruses after Carl's verse lead, and on the "She said" part. 
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: March 17, 2010, 01:29:22 PM »

This is beyond fascinating -- Al's noted the album for how long?  It's been on his page for how long?  Now the credit list of "guests" has been changed and updated?

Damn.

This is the most interested I have been in any Beach Boys related activity in years.

Who knows what this CD with turn into?

It sounds to me like the thing is still evolving........

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2010, 01:50:14 AM »

I finally just listened to the EP and I am impressed. I can handle a cd of this type of material. At first I was reluctant, but.....
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2010, 06:08:43 PM »

Does anyone have an update on when this album will be released?
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2010, 07:04:03 PM »

Does anyone have an update on when this album will be released?

Yeah.  Al's album will be released in it's present form if and only if none of the tracks are used for a Beach Boys 50th Anniversary Reunion Album.  Personally, I'd like to see the reunion album and tour (or at least concert) happen.
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: April 06, 2010, 06:34:56 AM »

When the recent tracks were "leaked" to ticket holders we all were pretty worked up and felt like we may actually see the CD during our lifetimes - now I'm slipping back to the point where I hope my children or grandchildren will get a chance to enjoy it.

Here's to hoping! :beerhoping!

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
Paulos
« Reply #260 on: April 06, 2010, 01:48:25 PM »

I had DFTS stuck in my head at work today, a very enjoyable song indeed. Not too sure about the spoken word track though, I keep hearing Baldwin as Jack Donaghy!
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 07, 2010, 04:31:46 AM »

I had DFTS stuck in my head at work today, a very enjoyable song indeed. Not too sure about the spoken word track though, I keep hearing Baldwin as Jack Donaghy!

I can't listen to that spoken word thing, either.  I keep thinking of the "Schweddy Balls" skit.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/nprs-delicious-dish-schweddy-balls/2846/
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 03, 2010, 09:11:06 AM »

Al's EP is scheduled for iTunes in mid May. He is currently going to change a few things around on the album, and told me that he wants to get the album out before the summer is through. The iTunes EP may possible include artwork that's been previously unavailable.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: May 03, 2010, 10:45:12 AM »

Al's EP is scheduled for iTunes in mid May. He is currently going to change a few things around on the album, and told me that he wants to get the album out before the summer is through. The iTunes EP may possible include artwork that's been previously unavailable.

David, I know Alan's something of a perfectionist but... seriously, this is getting to be silly. The semi-official leaking of four tracks perked interest that was understandably flagging after some three years of prevarications and delays but honestly, if the album doesn't come out this year then I think even the hardened Jardinistas are going to say "ah, **** it". Is there a west coast musician alive that isn't on it ?  Roll Eyes

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 05, 2010, 02:42:26 AM »

David, I know Alan's something of a perfectionist but... seriously, this is getting to be silly. The semi-official leaking of four tracks perked interest that was understandably flagging after some three years of prevarications and delays but honestly, if the album doesn't come out this year then I think even the hardened Jardinistas are going to say "ah, **** it". Is there a west coast musician alive that isn't on it ?  Roll Eyes

Seconded... "previously unavailable artwork" can't be placed in a CD player and revelled in!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 02:43:39 AM by Wee Helper » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 05, 2010, 09:51:22 AM »

Any news is good news I suppose.

Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 05, 2010, 03:17:36 PM »

Al, if you're reading this, just fodaing put it out and get on with solo album #2.
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 05, 2010, 04:41:11 PM »

Latest is that there will not be an EP… But what do I know?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: May 06, 2010, 12:58:31 AM »

This is a "why the *** am I a Beach Boys fan ?" moment if ever there was one.  Grin

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 06, 2010, 04:59:56 PM »

This is a "why the *** am I a Beach Boys fan ?" moment if ever there was one.  Grin

Ahh, ya know, why a big to-do about not releasing an EP, when he's probably not releasing an album, either?
Let's all forget about it, stop talking about it, and maybe he'll surprise us with a full length release for the 75th anniversary...

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 06, 2010, 05:04:09 PM »

Seriously, no EP?  Do we at least get the unreleased artwork?   Razz
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 06, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »

Doesn't everybody already have the ep? Why release something that the only people who would ever buy it already have?  For once I think Al is making a sound business decision. Hopefully he'll continue in that vein and release the mother humping album!

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:39 PM »

Put the damn thing out, Al.  Seriously.

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 07, 2010, 06:52:04 AM »

previously unavailable artwork

what is that suposed to mean? obviously, if Al hasn't put out an album, than it would be unavailable

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 07, 2010, 07:46:25 AM »

previously unavailable artwork

what is that supposed to mean? obviously, if Al hasn't put out an album, than it would be unavailable

At this rate it is previously unavailable everything. Let's go Al, it's too late for dental school, focus on the CD.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx