gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680747 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 11:46:57 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Al Jardine EP  (Read 54944 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2010, 01:16:27 AM »

Meh, give the guy a break - he's approaching 70, not many people are touring and putting out new material to the extent that Brian or Mike is at that age if they're doing it at all. Hell, what would Brian even be doing if not for constantly being told to? Not that he doesn't enjoy it in some ways and to some extent, but...

I understand it sort of becomes his camp's fault when they're throwing out release dates, but still - be a little more patient.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2010, 10:10:27 AM »

I think Larry King died fifteen years ago and someone forgot to tell him, because he's certainly been killing his viewing audience with his incredibly boring programs.  LOL

"Weekend at Larry's"!!! LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2010, 11:06:05 AM »

Let's not forget Mike Love's "Mike Love Not War" or whatever it's called has been supposedly finished for what, 3 -5 years, and it's still not out.

Love to know the real story on the Lovesters plan to release this baby.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Jason
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 10:39:17 AM »

I doubt Michael has any delusions that he could get a record deal in 2004 or in 2010. Hence why Mike Love Not War is out there now, for the fans to hear.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 02:08:40 PM »

I doubt Michael has any delusions that he could get a record deal in 2004 or in 2010. Hence why Mike Love Not War is out there now, for the fans to hear.

I've heard it's "out there" but I've also heard there were additions and tweeks done from what's out there now.  He did put "Hungry Heart" and Santa's Going to Kokomo" on iTuens.  Why not his album(s).

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 07:56:02 PM »

Cool Head Warm Heart got on the Hallmark CD a few years ago.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2010, 06:27:20 AM »

"Hungry Heart" & "Santa's Going to Kokomo" on iTunes...

Both also out on CD -  the first on some BBs tribute thing from a few years back, together with Al's "Pappa Loved Momma", the second on the VA charity thing that came out before Christmas.

“We live in divisive times.”
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2010, 06:50:22 AM »

Not entirely true. Mike's version of Hungry Heart was released on a Bruce Springsteen tribute CD from 2001. Al and Matt Jardine's cover of Papa Loved Mama was a contribution to the 1999 Garth Brooks Tribute CD

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 07:04:23 AM »

I just received a digital 4 song EP through e-mail (I send in a ticket stub for a BW show that Al was supposed to play).

Tracklisting:
1. Don't Fight The Sea
2. Tidepool Interlude
3. Campfire Scene
4. California Saga

(In case anyone has it and can't open the file, type in .zip after the file name)
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 07:29:53 AM »

Serious?!

I've kept my ticket stub of one the European concerts where Al was scheduled as well, as at the time the fans were promised a free copy of the new AJ album if you handed over that stub. I've been waiting for years now...

So I assume this deal is now valid for the EP as well? In that case: where to go in order to get that EP?

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Foster's Freeze
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2010, 07:47:26 AM »

I just received a digital 4 song EP through e-mail (I send in a ticket stub for a BW show that Al was supposed to play).

Tracklisting:
1. Don't Fight The Sea
2. Tidepool Interlude
3. Campfire Scene
4. California Saga

Well this just got interesting.....

Mike's not a Hawthorne boy. The Hawthorne guys stuck together. The Wilsons and I always had a special bond. We felt like we were a team.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2010, 07:59:51 AM »

Serious?!

I've kept my ticket stub of one the European concerts where Al was scheduled as well, as at the time the fans were promised a free copy of the new AJ album if you handed over that stub. I've been waiting for years now...

So I assume this deal is now valid for the EP as well? In that case: where to go in order to get that EP?

Did you e-mail a scan of the stub to Al's management at the time?

This is what it said in the e-mail:
Dear Loyal Fans,

To all who replied with concert ticket stubs and that were promised a CD quite some time ago,
Al would like to repay your patience with 4 tracks from his first solo record. Al is still unable to
announce the actual release date, but did not wish to ask you to wait any longer.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2010, 08:30:12 AM »

Hello Shelter,

I was under the impression that I had to wait until the release became reality. So I kept my stub (2 stubs actually (Amsterdam AND Groningen), but I guess I misunderstood them. Thanks for the info.

Beach Boy
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got tears in the morning

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2010, 08:43:11 AM »

I can't hear Mike at all on DFTS, but some voice at 2:49 sounds a bit like him, where one would sing "she says". And maybe Mike's on bvs too, but after all, some thought Mike sung on Wipe Out too, so, well ... .

Late at night
When the whole world's sleeping
I dream of you
Close to you I feel your sweet heart beating
I dream of you
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2010, 09:54:13 AM »

I can't even remember what I did with my ticket....

But good on Al for finally doing something. Opinions on production, mix, performance?
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2010, 01:11:43 PM »

I can't hear Mike at all on DFTS, but some voice at 2:49 sounds a bit like him, where one would sing "she says". And maybe Mike's on bvs too, but after all, some thought Mike sung on Wipe Out too, so, well ... .
You can hear Mike from 2:04 to 2:30 and at 2:49.

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2010, 01:41:28 PM »

It's really just two real songs. 'Don't Fight The Sea' is cool. Not an overtly inspired song, but it's nice enough. The new version of 'California Saga' (with Neil Young) is cool. A charming, campfire-ish version. I like it. 'Tidepool Interlude' and 'Campfire Scene' are short fillers, the first is a piece of background music with spoken words by Alec Baldwin, the second is a short "prelude" to 'California Saga'.

I think this is going to be a pretty cool album. Maybe it could have some kind of 'Friends' vibe. No ambitious musical masterpieces but just some nice and relaxed summer evening music.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »

Coll. Hope the album will come out soon too...
DFTS has some classic Mike-bassvocals. Love it. After all, it's the first new Beach Boys-recording in how many years?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 02:31:11 PM »

DFTS has some classic Mike-bassvocals. Love it. After all, it's the first new Beach Boys-recording in how many years?

Not new. The basic track & Carl's vocal date from the late 70s/early 80s.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 02:34:31 PM »

I know. But I guess you also know what I mean....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2010, 02:43:02 PM »

I know. But I guess you also know what I mean....

Is Brian on this track too?
Stegibo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2010, 02:47:38 PM »

Yes, he is.

Are you ready for some Fun Fun Fun?!
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2010, 03:41:43 PM »

I checked iTunes, and it isn't listed.  Is it available anywhere else?  I checked AlJardine.com and didn't see anything there either.

Any info appreciated!
Thanks,
Matt
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2010, 01:28:22 PM »

I like what I'm hearing here...  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2010, 02:39:08 PM »

When's the ep out officially?  Anyone? Please?
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx