gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680784 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 11:27:19 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Nice - Seinfeld episode  (Read 1678 times)
TimeToGetAlone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »

I was watching an episode of Seinfeld on the 5th season DVD called "the Hamptons".  Some may know that Wouldn't It Be Nice is heard part way through in this episode.  The notes that they have to go along with the episode claim the version on there is not actually the Beach Boys but a soundalike and I'm very skeptical about this.  The commentary says the track was expensive to get but they didn't say anything about having another artist do it to lessen the cost.  To me the version is unmistakably the real one.  Anyone who has seen this episode have any thoughts on this?
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:59:11 PM »

Have seen it a few times before as I love Seinfeld and I'm almost certain that it's by The Beach Boys. MAYBE it could be one of the alternate mixes, but I don't think so. Still, it's been a while since I've seen it. I do own every season on DVD so I'll pull it out and give it a listen when I get a chance.
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 02:41:26 AM »

It could be a case of them not paying out at the time for the original but then using it for the dvd release

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 05:43:05 PM »

I know that in the episode where Kramer goes to L.A ("The Keys"), he roller skates there and "California Girls" is playing, the instrumental break right before the final chorus and you can definitely tell it's cover, or the musical
director arranged it for the episode. But I agree, that in "The Hamptons" it definitely is the original. @My Brother Woody: Possibly, but the DVDs are the original full episodes digitally remastered. But I supposed they could have
gone back in like you said. But in the DVD and re-runs I've always noticed its the original "Wouldn't It Be Nice".

I'm a huge Seinfeld buff....if you couldn't tell. ("So biff, wants to be a buff?" - Jerry to George)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 05:44:26 PM by Don't Back Down » Logged

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx