gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 10:02:07 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: new song: if there's no love  (Read 2349 times)
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:06:48 PM »

hope you enjoy

http://www.alastairottesen.com/post/333477635/if-theres-no-love
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 08:10:36 PM »

I really enjoy this one. The harmony vocal and totally unexpected change about a third of the way through, then the additional vocals including what I'd call a brief descant part and the "doot doot" vox ... really nice. What strikes me as a straightforward performance and recording of the guitar and lead vocal is really nicely contrasted by the well done additional vocals. Sometimes that kind of thing can sound totally out of place, but it doesn't. Really nice song. I'm listening a second time.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:07:29 AM »

thanks, luther.. i respect the way you listen and your comments.  glad you liked the song. and feel free to download anything off my site! i'm all about giving this stuff away.
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 12:14:02 PM »

Yeah, nice song! Got me thinking of Simon & Garfunkel. Unexpected chord changes.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 01:01:01 PM »

A lovely song, really nicely recorded guitar too, a good clarity (one which i'm always trying to achieve). Compositionally it sort of reminded me of Lindsey Buckinghams solo stuff.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx