gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 05:45:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Brian Wilson-recording in movie  (Read 6195 times)
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2009, 11:41:22 AM »

I haven't read one single word on this board about this, while someone on the german message board said that it was already mentioned on the BB Britain board. There is a movie in the cinemas (forgot the title) that features a new recording by Brian doing "California sun". Anyone heard it? Opinions? Soundexamples?

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:08:39 PM »

I haven't read one single word on this board about this, while someone on the german message board said that it was already mentioned on the BB Britain board. There is a movie in the cinemas (forgot the title) that features a new recording by Brian doing "California sun". Anyone heard it? Opinions? Soundexamples?

It's basic. It's fun. It's not important. The movie is Curious George 2, I believe.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 01:13:38 PM »

OOH OOH..California Sun by the Riveras..Cool Song..Yea it should be fun to hear..Foskett on Falsetto..?
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 01:26:06 PM »

Was it supposed to be part of Pleasure Island?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 02:19:15 PM »

OOH OOH..California Sun by the Riveras..Cool Song..Yea it should be fun to hear..Foskett on Falsetto..?

Nope - all vocals BW.

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 03:31:31 PM »

I wonder why it's not mentioned on the official website (afaik). No matter how "unimportant" it might be, it is a new recording by Brian and it is used in a movie. Hope I'll get a chance to hear it....

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 03:41:18 PM »

Nope - all vocals BW.

Are the credits available somewhere?
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 03:52:39 PM »

I wonder why it's not mentioned on the official website (afaik). No matter how "unimportant" it might be, it is a new recording by Brian and it is used in a movie. Hope I'll get a chance to hear it....

Edit: I actually just found it. It's in the media section under "Los Angeles City Beat (DVD)": http://www.brianwilson.com/media/words.html
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 04:00:02 PM by mikeyj » Logged
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 04:16:30 PM »

Edit: I actually just found it. It's in the media section under "Los Angeles City Beat (DVD)": http://www.brianwilson.com/media/words.html

Thanks for the link. Hadn't read the article. (Smile and Kokomo are Brian's favorite works?Huh??)
But it's not like an official statement from Brian's management. I think a website should offer every professional action an artist does. Although the look is quite nice, I don't like Brian's website, or better the way it is handled (something similar goes for his management)

- Jack Rieley
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »

Thanks for the link. Hadn't read the article. (Smile and Kokomo are Brian's favorite works?Huh??)
But it's not like an official statement from Brian's management. I think a website should offer every professional action an artist does. Although the look is quite nice, I don't like Brian's website, or better the way it is handled (something similar goes for his management)

Yeah I don't like Brian's website either. I think it's funny that a few times now they have stated that they are changing the website and when it's done it looks almost identical except for a few colour changes and one or two new minor features that you barely even notice! But yeah I've always found that strange as well. It's the same with that "What Love Can Do" single that came out recently. I know it had already been released before but as far as I can remember the single release wasn't even mentioned on the website. Maybe I'm thinking of some other release though...
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 05:45:18 PM »

So how can one go about hearing it?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 05:51:03 PM »

To be fair -- the movie is not out yet, and won't be for a couple of weeks.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 09:50:41 PM »

Really ? I know folk who have seen it in the theater - in Europe, granted..

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2009, 11:37:21 PM »

Not out until Oct. 27 in the U.S.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curious_George_2
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2009, 05:48:46 AM »

Really ? I know folk who have seen it in the theater - in Europe, granted..

Yeah, I think it's out in th UK. But in Germany it's not out. Don't know why they don't have a common date.

- Jack Rieley
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2009, 04:04:32 PM »

Will the song be available to buy on a CD or iTunes?
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2009, 06:16:46 PM »

I can just hear it now:  Im goin out west were i belong..!  With cheesy farfisa organ.. Cool
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2009, 10:54:11 AM »

Will we have to watch the movie to hear this, or is it available anywhere else?
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2009, 01:24:45 PM »

Will we have to watch the movie to hear this, or is it available anywhere else?

That's what I was wondering too. I guess we'll have to wait for the soundtrack if there's gonna be one.

- Jack Rieley
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2009, 07:54:09 AM »

I didn't think this was worth its own thread, but the Beach Boys' "Heroes & Villains" will be featured in the new FANTASTIC MR. FOX movie by Wes Anderson (not sure which version - "Cantina" mix would be cool, but I'll bet it's the 45 single stereo remix).
Matt H
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »

I heard a version of California Sun that was ripped off the movie, so it has some dialog and is not the whole song, but it sounded promising.
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 02:08:44 PM »

Thanks very much to Roland from the german board, here you can listen to samples from the soundtrack, including Brian's "California sun"
http://www.denonrecordsus.com/sites/denonus/USdetails/d_curiousgeorgefollowthatmonkey.asp

- Jack Rieley
grillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 05:20:27 PM »

Thanks very much to Roland from the german board, here you can listen to samples from the soundtrack, including Brian's "California sun"
http://www.denonrecordsus.com/sites/denonus/USdetails/d_curiousgeorgefollowthatmonkey.asp
Sounds good but I was really hoping for some background OOOhs or AWWWWs during the chorus.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.”
― Richard Buckminster Fuller
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx