gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680971 Posts in 27624 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 11, 2024, 03:03:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New: Our Suburban Life  (Read 2299 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »

I wrote this song for my mid-00s band in 2005. We recorded the basic track then, with some augmentation in spring 06. Today I did the piano, redid all vocals (except the intro a capella big, which is '05), and some new mixing. It was bitter ol' me doing a joke-song as friends began getting hitched and moving out to the 'burbs. I've got to figure out the source of that odd reverb at the end (can't for the life of my figure out where it is coming from), but otherwise am probably done with this. Because, you know, I'm lazy. Here is "Our Suburban Life": http://www.sendspace.com/file/7k0u2c

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2009, 08:18:37 AM »

I liked the acapella intro, i'd love to hear you doing some more acapella stuff. I particularly like the breakdown around 1.28 it has a nice feel and then the massed vocals which pop in. The organ reminds me of the sort heard on early Prince records. Enjoyable.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx