gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:35:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Kokomo" is a great song  (Read 18312 times)
KokoMoses
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2009, 06:04:09 PM »

But do you know how many calories are in a single bottle of Newcastle???

I think Brian needs to stick with Orangeboom!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2009, 11:41:31 PM »

Yes, there's Carlsberg, Giraf, Grolsch, Orangeboom, Brand.......... ad infinitum. Smokin

Brian has good taste and doesn't have to impress anyone. Nothing wrong with a nice cold one from the Low Countries.

Didn't even know Oranjeboom still existed, haven't seen or drank it in years. Not that I want to, during my years as a student many described it as (literally translated) "owl's pee"

Carlsberg is not Dutch btw. And Giraf? Never heard of that one.

Grolsch... now you're talking!

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2009, 03:11:37 AM »

I am a 'Korbinian' man myself. I never calculated the calories, for fear of getting a heart attack from the number.

I am doing well, thank you.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
MBE
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2009, 05:14:26 AM »

Hacker Pshorre and Hoegaarden are my two faves. Lindman's various Lambics are great too.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2009, 07:06:50 AM »

Hacker Pshorre and Hoegaarden are my two faves. .
Both wonderful.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 24, 2009, 09:02:20 AM »

I love how this "Kokomo" thread has morphed into a discussion of everyone's favorite beers - it somehow seems very appropriate!

As a non-alcohol drinker, I can't contribute too much...but I do love my soda pop.

"Carbonated fluids overflow..."

from "Seven's Up" - The Belch Boys
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 24, 2009, 09:39:33 AM »

But do you know how many calories are in a single bottle of Newcastle???

I think Brian needs to stick with Orangeboom!

C'mon...if Brian drinks enough of the good stuff, maybe we can talk him into bringing back the bathrobe on stage. That would be fantastic.
KokoMoses
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: December 24, 2009, 01:14:20 PM »

"Didn't even know Oranjeboom still existed, haven't seen or drank it in years. Not that I want to, during my years as a student many described it as (literally translated) "owl's pee"

Yeah! You can get a six pack of Oranjeboom in pint cans at Trader Joes for about $4!!!!

Pretty good for owl's pee!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 29, 2009, 05:56:52 AM »

On weekdays, I stick to Euroshopper, the house brand of supermarket Albert Heijn, see picture:

It does have its critics, but in fact it's a great thirst quencher without hangovers. It is ridiculously cheap: 40 Eurocents for a 0.5 liter can. It is what the Brits like to call: 'tramp juice'.

I think that real quality beer every day diminishes the experience (apart from a higher price point). So I love my German and Belgian beers on weekends. Never during daytime, by the way. After one glass before sunset I am completely incapable, and get a bit irritated after the first brief high.

So: I vote for Euroshopper (also: eternal winner of the worst graphics on the can/bottle, it's all fake wherever you look). And you can learn modern Greek, Finnish, and other languages from all Euroshopper product packaging too... it's an all-round winner, coolest brew in the world!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 05:59:33 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 29, 2009, 08:53:41 AM »

game set match  Grin

11,6% by the way
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:59:06 AM by Hey Santa » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 29, 2009, 09:00:42 AM »

Hey, we got cheap, ugly packaged Euroshopper products in Sweden too, but no beer!

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 30, 2009, 01:25:51 AM »

Hey, we got cheap, ugly packaged Euroshopper products in Sweden too, but no beer!

...as the woman said to Jack Nicholson in 'About Schmidt': 'You poor, poor man.....'

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 30, 2009, 01:26:25 AM »

game set match  Grin

11,6% by the way

I already knew that from your postings.

gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx