-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:57:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Brittany Murphy
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brittany Murphy  (Read 4387 times)
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 09:02:44 PM »

So, what do you guys think about Brittany Murphy's death? They're saying it was a massive heart attack. Something sounds wrong about that. You don't have a massive heart attack at 32. I used to be totally in love with her. Not just a crush...I mean, I would have moved mountains for that women. Smiley I'm actually quite saddened by her death.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 09:12:14 PM »

It's always awful to hear about someone that young dying.  I wasn't a fan necessarily, but I enjoyed a few of her movies.  Fan or not, it's very tragic.  The circumstances do seem a little strange, but I'm withholding judgment until more information is available.  Drugs would seem like the easy answer, but who knows?  Sometimes people have unknown heart problems that go undiscovered until it's too late.  No matter the cause, I feel for her family, friends and fans. 
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »

Sometimes people have unknown heart problems that go undiscovered until it's too late.

Highly doubtful in this case - for any film she was involved with, she would have had a full medical for insurance purposes: any such condition would have been discovered.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 06:35:12 PM »

That's probably true, but look at John Ritter. He had something wrong with his heart that might have been there his whole life, and it seems as though nobody caught it.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 07:46:08 PM »

Ritter was in his mid-50s. Yes, that's still on the early end to die of heart problems, but it's at least in the early end of normal. 32 is a whole different thing.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 09:52:18 PM »

I see what you mean, Luther. I was just trying to give an example of a person who had an unseen illness all their life.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2009, 07:00:12 AM »

And that is legitimate. There have been examples of athletes--I'm thinking of several basketball players--who had heart problems revealed through tragic events. Of course, those were possibly aggravated by undergoing extreme physical action. But Hank Gathers and Reggie Lewis were famous examples who died on-court, Jason Collier died unexpectedly, and guys like Eddy Curry and Nathan Jawai had their heart problems uncovered only once they were into their 20s. So yes, it can go undetected, even after serious physicals: it is safe to say the National Basketball Association conducts very thorough physicals, as would Division I universities who give these guys scholarships.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2009, 11:16:16 AM »

There was this kid who went to my former school that had a heart condition that they didn't know about until it was too late. He collapsed and went into cardiac arrest at football practice earlier this year. It's always sad when a young person is taken away like this, I was always a fan of Brittany's work on King of the Hill and I was really shocked to hear about her passing. Totally out of the blue, it kind of reminded me of Michael Jackson, in a way. She supposedly had a ton of presrcription mess on her nightstand, so I'm curious to find out what that was about.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2009, 01:51:20 PM »

I was a HUGE fan of hers, and am broken up over her passing.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2009, 03:23:51 PM »

I didn't know of her work but a friend was a fan and said she had weight issues and may have become anorexic,,,,,,,a Karen Carpenter type of demise.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: