gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680753 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 08:24:27 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All The Board Outages - Why, and When?  (Read 5599 times)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 07:54:27 AM »

Hi dear mr. Admin, Man in Charge, Man Upstairs, General CEO Of The SS Net Plaza Discussion Thingy -

the board is inaccessible ever day for about 6 hours at least (my guess) during the Dutch mornings. Why is that? Does another board occupy its server space during half of the day? I can see why it starts over here at around 3 PM, because that is the time that Americans live at 9 AM (NYC) or 6 AM (Ca.). Or am I wrong in all aspects and is there a simpler explanation?

I'm just curious, that is all.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:37:04 AM »

Hmm that's strange. I've been checking several times this morning (local Dutch time) and I didn't have any problems accessing this board at all.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jason
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 10:44:31 AM »

It's a crappy server. We have no control over it. And God knows everyone else goes on every other board to bitch about it later on. Smiley
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 12:22:46 PM »

Odd... never had any problem at any time. OK, sometimes it says 'server unavailable' or the like, but a quick refresh soon fixes that.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 03:02:37 PM »

I come across it several times a week, ranging from a few minutes to a few hours. Figured it comes with the territory. As long as the board isn't charging members dues, it's not going to draw a complaint from me.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 06:32:56 PM »

That's been happening to me too. Sometimes a quick "refresh" fixes it like AGD said, and sometimes it lasts for hours. Once, it lasted almost two days(for me, at least).

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »

happened to me for a long period of time, it depends on a few factors, if some people are able to see it after a refresh, and some cant...that most likely means theres a connection between you and the server thats not up, etc

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 07:45:57 AM »

Thanks to all. I am already happy to know that I am not alone. I agree with Luther: we are guests here for free,  and that is more than enough to feel welcome even with the 'outages'. My only question remaining is that the situation seemingly is different for various regions or persons.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 06:41:28 AM by The Heartical Don » Logged

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2010, 08:50:00 AM »

You are definitely not alone. It happens to me several times a week. Oddly it seems to happen mostly at home. Accessing this site at work is usually not a problem.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx