gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681486 Posts in 27638 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 09:00:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Billy Hinsche's new DVD out NOW.......!!!  (Read 8093 times)
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 10:40:08 AM »

No matter what kind of medium this was shot on, this is one fantastic piece of their history that I am very grateful to have seen.....I'm so glad that it was preserved for all of us to see and enjoy. The memories of these times are priceless. Thanks so much for doing this!!! Kudos!!!
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 10:42:37 AM »

Let's not forget Ed's great photo of the Boys that Billy used for the cover. I love Carl's expression.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2010, 11:28:30 AM »

Thanks, David; that was actually the first time I shot group photos like that, too.  Dennis had asked me to come on the tour to shoot the stage video stuff, and also to shoot some new publicity stage photos.  (Because of the charter plane - and the fact that I had endured the previous period, and helped to drive from town to town - there would only be the cost of flying me in & out.  First class, of course!)
Can't remember who flew these other 'professional' photographers out, but they were sent to shoot posed shots of the new lineup.  Dennis told me, (as we were helicoptering in - you see Carl wave at us, as he's walking towards the stage area - I've got photos of Dennis looking over that crowd from the air, too!), to push right in and shoot along these guys.  I didn't want to intrude on someone else's session, (you can see how sheepishly I at first enter, and the first shots include the Joilet name on the tent behind them), until I joined these two upfront.  It was good that I did, because somehow the other two claimed they didn't get anything useable out of this session!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 08:09:37 AM »

When did Dennis bring Brian out? I can't believe I missed that!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2010, 09:51:59 AM »

It's when they arrive at Carbondale airport. Dennis steps (or falls) out of the plane and steps towards the camera (ca. 1h09m, or in that particular segment 1m30s)

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2010, 09:55:16 AM »

Its pretty obvious, i guess you have to watch it again. Its not a literal thing, but Dennis brings the concept of Brian Wilson into the film in a hilarious way.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2010, 12:54:44 PM »

I've got a feeling from my own viewing experiences, that this is going to be one of those movies where
you'll catch something new every time you watch it!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:05:24 PM by Ed Roach » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2010, 04:45:15 PM »

From the BBB message board.

Re(2): Happy New Year !
Posted on January 2, 2010 at 03:25:03 PM by Billy Hinsche

Tak (thanks) Robert - your comments are very much appreciated. I am going to begin editing another film project next week ...

.....More BB related material on the way I wonder?
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2010, 06:48:06 PM »

Not to change the subject( to much  Grin), but I noticed on Billy's website that he has another documentary from the group's 1995 tour. Has anybody seen it? Is it any good?

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2010, 05:27:54 PM »

My copy came today. Great stuff, unfortunately skipping and popping. I'm hoping it's my dvd player: I'll clean it or try the disc on another machine to find out. Great content though, and I love hearing from the supporting musicians.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
No. Fourteen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 02:05:20 PM »

Interesting moment early on in the DVD when just after seeing Van Dyke Parks chomping on a burger, Dennis pulls Mike aside and asks him what he thinks of Van Dyke.  Just the expression on his face (and the fairly long pause) says it all. 
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:59 AM »

Interesting moment early on in the DVD when just after seeing Van Dyke Parks chomping on a burger, Dennis pulls Mike aside and asks him what he thinks of Van Dyke.  Just the expression on his face (and the fairly long pause) says it all. 

Yeah, I laughed at that bit. Without saying anything he makes his point known. I really enjoyed the DVD. The Match bit was funny but I'd have pulled that for more tour / venue / performance stuff instead if it was available. I also like the part where Al is playing Heroes & Villains at the soundcheck.

Now, a question for Ed Roach - when are you going to process all your out-takes from the River Song promo that you told me you had and put THOSE to a DVD?  Roll Eyes

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 08:28:27 AM »

Now, a question for Ed Roach - when are you going to process all your out-takes from the River Song promo that you told me you had and put THOSE to a DVD?  Roll Eyes

You'll see a little bit of them in the upcoming, (and a date is soon to announced), BBC Legends documentary, DENNIS WILSON The Real Beach Boy
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 02:33:53 PM »

Now, a question for Ed Roach - when are you going to process all your out-takes from the River Song promo that you told me you had and put THOSE to a DVD?  Roll Eyes

You'll see a little bit of them in the upcoming, (and a date is soon to announced), BBC Legends documentary, DENNIS WILSON The Real Beach Boy

Fantastic stuff! Can't wait now, I know it's gonna be excellent...  Smokin

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
MBE
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2010, 05:27:35 AM »

Just watched it and it really does give you a feel of the road. The tension found in the footage from late 1976-83 isn't there yet. Mike and Dennis interacting was interesting but they seem able to exist fairly well at this point. Dennis' speaking voice sounds a little like it did in 1976 in some scenes but smoother and younger in others. They all look great and of course there hadn't been a musical decline yet. I say that anyone who is more then a casual fan(ie everyone here) should see this.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2010, 05:08:58 PM »

And now comes the inevitable question: Are there any insights given as to the lifestyle of Dennis ... from this time period?
1974...Dennis was virtually straight compared to several years later. No trace of any lifestyle deterioration here. Also, Dennis brings Brian into the film in one scene.

Man! False hope! I was really looking foward to seeing Brian in 1974! But now I know what you are talking about.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2010, 02:12:45 AM »

Can any UK residents who have purchased this already tell me how much the dvd came to after being converted to pounds sterling and if the package contained a customs sticker stating the cost? I ask because in England if you buy anything on import that exceeds £18 it will be held up in customs for the best part of a month and you will be charged £20 in import tax plus a £12 Royal Mail handling fee before they will release it to you. Extortionate!!! Cry I have suffered from this in the past and vowed 'never again'! Any info would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 02:23:25 AM by mikes beard » Logged

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2010, 06:05:57 AM »

I think mine came to just over £18, but it just arrived in the mail around a week after I made the paypal payment to MFM Productions, no fuss here Smiley.

I should add however that when I ordered there was a special offer for free shipping which has expired now I think, so yours may be more like £20-25 (?)

Sam

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2010, 05:22:26 PM »

So how exactly do you order this thing? Where is the link to buy it? http://www.billyhinsche.com/1974/ doesn't really offer any clues. Surely a 'Buy Now' or 'Buy Here' button would be helpful? Having made all the effort to produce this DVD I'd have thought someone might have gone the extra mile to make it easy to purchase...?

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2010, 05:29:46 PM »

So how exactly do you order this thing? Where is the link to buy it? http://www.billyhinsche.com/1974/ doesn't really offer any clues. Surely a 'Buy Now' or 'Buy Here' button would be helpful? Having made all the effort to produce this DVD I'd have thought someone might have gone the extra mile to make it easy to purchase...?
Does your computer have a scroll option? Because if you scroll down to the next paragraph its titled "ordering information". Follow those instructions and you'll get it.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx