gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680748 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:20:26 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wilson meets the ghost of a drunken barber  (Read 1847 times)
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:21:35 PM »

O.K., so it's raining in L.A., which is always a strange occurrence.  I'm a little bored, flipping channels, and "Celebrity Ghost Stories" comes on A&E.  I'd remembered how stoked I was, to see not only Carnie, but a few other folks I know, telling their spooky stories.  Unfortunately, somehow with my current 958 channels, I wasn't getting the Biography Channel.  And I wasn't going to bother changing things for something I could watch somewhere else.

My hope was that Carnie was going to tell a tale or two about growing up on Bellagio, in the house built by Edgar Rice Burroughs.  I soon forgot all about it, until today; (the David Carradine one is just a little too creepy, filmed 4 months before his death!)  

Alas, Carnie's has to do with her sister turning her on to 'the spirit world'...   Here's where my subject was edited from, then what else I read.  However, this one still isn't scheduled for A&E yet.  Anyone here see it?

Carnie Wilson meets the ghost of a drunken barber from the 1890s; Eric Roberts has an out-of-body experience after a car wreck; Elisabeth Rohm’s blissful retreat from the grind of “Law & Order” is interrupted by an unhappy spirit; and C. Thomas Howell has a ghostly encounter in an abandoned hotel.

http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/shows/celebrity-ghost-stories/series-one/episode-guide.html

"Carnie Wilson was introduced to the spirit world by her sister"

« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 03:44:11 PM by Ed Roach » Logged
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:10:15 PM »

Ed!
My son is in LA also stuck inside due to the rain. I hope for both of you and your mental well being, it clears, soon. Grin
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 08:11:10 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
rogerlancelot
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 09:20:02 PM »

I don't usually watch these kind of shows unless they are in the background and happen to catch my attention. I will be looking forward to watching this one what with the Bellagio connection. Was that place actually haunted? Is Jack Reiley really gay? Why am I still learning stuff about the BB and their people?

Seriously, somebody please PM me about Jack Reiley!
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 09:39:54 PM »

Ed, it's funny you mention this show. It was scheduled to be show on Oct. 24th, but I happened to be up in Milwaukee that night to see Brian's G.H. concert. Strange things happened to my gal pal and I up in the old, revamped hotel we stayed at that night. After going backstage and visiting with Probyn, Nelson, Scott, Taylor, and Mikey, we left with the 3 different cd's I had them sign. Was still giddy about the whole thing and set the cd's on the roof of the car while I put the rest of the things I had in the back seat. Totally forgot they were up there. Drove off to the hotel 3 miles away. After sitting in the car smoking a cig, got out to go into the hotel. You know I couldn't find the cd's and was really pissed off.  Had to drive all the way back to the theater's parking garage and hope that they were there.......which they luckily were....scattered all over the garage floor.......back to the creepy hotel.

Decide we must get something from the vending machine, which of course, is in the basement of the hotel. I kept kidding Pam about the hotel saying it reminded me of the one in The Shining and the kid was going to come flying around the corner on his big wheel yelling Redrum any minute. The hotel had those really old fashioned elevators where you have to open a door and then the bars slide open for you to get in. That creeped us out too. On the way down to the basement, Pam was saying that this was where they probably kept the bodies. Sure enough, when the gate slide open and we opened the door, you could see right into the vending area and there was a male body lying right there!!!!! sh*t!!! We jumped back on the elevator up to the front desk and Pam told them they had best get secuity down there to remove the body!!!! Turns out it was some drunk from the Insane Clown Posse concert that had been playing across the street at the Rave.
They escourted us down to get some pop and we came back up to the lobby. There we ran into these 2 guys we had met earlier who had gone to another concert that night. They were asking us how Brian was, etc. Then we told them about the "body" in the basement. They told us a lovely story about how it was in this very hotel where Jeffrey Dahmer had killed his second victim. Oh this is just great!!!! It's now 2 in the morning and I am not about to drive the 2 plus hours back home. So we spent another 30 minutes chatting with the desk manager about the Jeff Dahmer incident, which was, in fact, true. He said they had completely redone the hotel since then, as if that mattered to us!!! Apparently he had lived right around the corner from that hotel.

Getting back to Carnie. The show was rerun not too long ago, maybe during the day, can't be sure, but I did see it, because Carnie was in it. I too, had thought it would have something to do with Bellagio, but it involved a home she had just moved into when she turned 21 or so. It was her first place and she invited her sister to stay overnight. That's where she saw the ghost. She put the blankets over her head and told it to go away, repeatedly. That's when her sister (her name escapes me now), woke up screaming about the ghost. It turns out that the sister had been haunted by this ghost for some time and it follows her. That's about the gist of it. Keep checking the schedule, I'm sure it will be repeated.
Ed Roach
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 02:45:56 AM »

Great story!  And a heck of a lot better than some of the ones told on this show!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx