gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680852 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 10:24:31 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our Prayer (Dance Remix)  (Read 3000 times)
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2009, 10:17:20 PM »

Before such a thing as the title gets me banned from the site, let me explain!: 

So why ruin such a great tune by combining it with dance music?  A bit odd, I know, but it was at my professor's request.  So I took a course this Fall for a program that I use to record music and the final project just happened to be, strangely, this.  I about fell out of my chair at the shock of it, I grant you, but it was something that really motivated me, so I worked on it and started writing different sections, and then tried putting them together.  Unfortunately, it started to get very weird and I ended up having so much trouble trying to piece it all together that I couldn't finish it. 

Ironic, I know. 

So I wiped it out, started over again, and came up with this pretty much the day the project was due, which was Monday (12-7-09).  The guidelines creatively were pretty simple: as long as you aren't too repetitive, and make it to where the listener has an idea what song was remixed, you can pretty much do whatever you want, for the most part.  So there's some samples of "Our Prayer" in there, both the Beach Boys' version and a version I did earlier this year.  I'm not really a dance guy and don't know much about dance music, so this is pretty much me going crazy with a bunch of synths and other fun stuff.  It's mostly an original composition with just bits and pieces of the song thrown in.  Whether it works or not... well, you be the judge: 

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rsnrwp

Sorry I couldn't put it on a site, but given that I'm using actual samples here and there throughout the song (even though it's not much), I know it wouldn't last. 

Enjoy! 

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »

I like it!

Years ago, someone put out an acid remix of Let Us Go On THis Way.  I loved it!  Unfortunately, it accidentally got permanently erased from my computer a while back.  If anyone has a copy, please let me know!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 06:46:07 AM »

Been done already - Freeform Five put out a 10" single sided transparent vinyl in the UK (Nonesuch NS002TE), March 2005. Rather good, in fact.  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:59:15 AM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx