gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 06:13:32 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1410571 times)
Nicko1234
« Reply #3750 on: May 06, 2013, 12:18:17 PM »

Sure sure, revisionist history because you say so.
I say you and Nicko come over, I'll punch each of you a couple of times in the throat, then we'll wait a few years and see if you still carry your convictions

I would be interested to read if the story of his larynx being damaged is confirmed anywhere. In the Catch a Wave book it simply says that by 1983 his voice was destroyed due to all of abuse he had given it. No mention of the beating in connection with that. As I say though, I would be interested to see what is written elsewhere because it may well contradict this.

Nothing revisionist going on anyway. Dennis's voice was much weaker during the POB era than it had been earlier. Then during the Bambu era it became weaker still. All of that was absolutely self-inflicted no matter what came later.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:45:24 PM by Nicko1234 » Logged
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: May 06, 2013, 04:00:19 PM »

Whoa! I just listened to sunflower on vinyl, original pressing,  And noticed on the coda of tears in the morning a trombone solo that I never heard before at the very end. You need to turn it up pretty loud to hear it!

Anyone else heard this?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #3752 on: May 06, 2013, 04:09:26 PM »

Whoa! I just listened to sunflower on vinyl, original pressing,  And noticed on the coda of tears in the morning a trombone solo that I never heard before at the very end. You need to turn it up pretty loud to hear it!

Anyone else heard this?
I purchased my first (ever) vinyl of Sunflower a couple of days ago on ebay. I'll check it out as soon as I have received the record.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: May 06, 2013, 05:41:25 PM »

Anyone else heard this?

I have a Caribou / UK pressing -- there are a few audible notes of trombone at the end

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: May 06, 2013, 07:41:46 PM »

Anyone else heard this?

I have a Caribou / UK pressing -- there are a few audible notes of trombone at the end

It's really awesome to hear that kinda "new" stuff after years of listening.…here I thought that coda was a waste. I kinda like it now.

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: May 08, 2013, 02:02:25 PM »

Did http://www.thebeachboys.com/ get another new look? I don't recall seeing that layout before. It looks really nice. Check it out!

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
halblaineisgood
« Reply #3756 on: May 08, 2013, 07:55:18 PM »

« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 12:06:25 AM by halblaineisgood » Logged
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: May 08, 2013, 08:33:13 PM »

Did http://www.thebeachboys.com/ get another new look?

Yes, it did:
http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/5/prweb10712413.htm

I don't care much for the page transitions -- they give me whiplash when they don't cause headaches. Just because you can do page animation transitions doesn't mean it's a good idea.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: May 08, 2013, 09:24:16 PM »

Yes, it did:

I don't care much for the page transitions -- they give me whiplash when they don't cause headaches. Just because you can do page animation transitions doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Whew - look at the qualifier beneath the press release! What a load of marketing-led waffle! A press release so far up it's own ass even Rupert Murdoch's brown with envy!

“We live in divisive times.”
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: May 09, 2013, 05:42:52 AM »

Yes, it did:

Whew - look at the qualifier beneath the press release! What a load of marketing-led waffle! A press release so far up it's own ass even Rupert Murdoch's brown with envy!

And in typical BBs fashion, a day late a dollar short:  >>“We set out to help the Beach Boys create something special for their 50th anniversary in music,” explains Mirco Pasqualini, Chief Creative Officer of Xhibit Corp( May 8, 2013)<< 
They've taken a mundane site and made it more mundane. But OH! Those photo archives....

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: May 09, 2013, 05:46:23 AM »

Yes, it did:

And in typical BBs fashion, a day late a dollar short:  >>“We set out to help the Beach Boys create something special for their 50th anniversary in music,” explains Mirco Pasqualini, Chief Creative Officer of Xhibit Corp( May 8, 2013)<< 
They've taken a mundane site and made it more mundane. But OH! Those photo archives....

Yeah, I liked the one picture of Dennis and one picture of Carl.

“Simple it's not, I'm afraid you will find, for a mind maker-upper to make up his mind”
- Dr. Seuss
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3761 on: May 10, 2013, 04:17:00 AM »

I would be interested to read if the story of his larynx being damaged is confirmed anywhere. In the Catch a Wave book it simply says that by 1983 his voice was destroyed due to all of abuse he had given it. No mention of the beating in connection with that. As I say though, I would be interested to see what is written elsewhere because it may well contradict this.

Have seen a mag article that expressly mentions he was punched in the throat during a fight in the mid-70s. Had a photocopy of it but it went the way of all my other BB clippings and articles just under a year ago, so, just my word for it.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: May 10, 2013, 05:27:23 AM »

Question:

Pet Sounds Boxset - Are the alternate tracks and sessions in these 4 CDs covered in UM 14 & 15?

Would you want to have both? (dumb question, probably)

There's nothing mindblowingly different - Reckon the only thing of any worth left regarding PS is the BW mono mix of Trombone Dixie, and that's scraping the floor underneath the barrel in record company terms.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: May 11, 2013, 01:38:30 AM »

Love You is such an amphetamine album holy sh*t I just wish it was FASTER

"Ding Dang" needs to go on forever!!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:40:16 AM by Myk Luhv » Logged
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: May 11, 2013, 03:50:07 AM »

I'm sure someone could make a looped version  Azn

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3765 on: May 11, 2013, 10:12:49 AM »

I'm sure someone could make a looped version  Azn

I think I will deliver sometime in the future...
dwtherealbb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: May 11, 2013, 10:38:06 AM »

does this remind anyone of the Beatles song "Because"? For some reason it reminds me of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGXhpRNTBxw
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: May 12, 2013, 11:42:12 AM »

Okay what do you think?

Somehow its not what I envisioned

Its like one of those online mortgage ads that I can hardly stand to look at.

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3768 on: May 12, 2013, 11:46:21 AM »

What year is that pic of Brian from? Looks like late 80s.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: May 12, 2013, 11:58:05 AM »

What year is that pic of Brian from? Looks like late 80s.

Probably so but I am not sure - Here is the entire photo

Necessity knows no law
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: May 12, 2013, 12:04:33 PM »

live aid 1985.

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3771 on: May 12, 2013, 12:07:11 PM »

Yeah...once I saw Brian's clothes it became clear.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Letsgoawayforawhile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: May 16, 2013, 10:58:26 AM »

Not a question, but I just wanted to say Happy 47th Birthday to Pet Sounds!
 w00t!

- Dr. Seuss
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3773 on: May 16, 2013, 11:16:21 AM »

Dang it doesn't seem like 7 years ago that I bought the umpteenth copy of Pet Sounds that was a little different because it had a fuzzy cover and DVD.

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: May 16, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »

does this remind anyone of the Beatles song "Because"? For some reason it reminds me of it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGXhpRNTBxw

damn these kids with their "I'm 14 and modern music sucks" comments.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:35:58 AM by Cabinessenceking » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx