gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681300 Posts in 27632 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 03, 2024, 09:01:52 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 ... 286 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Thread for various insignificant questions that don't deserve their own thread!  (Read 1420817 times)
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: August 28, 2012, 07:59:52 PM »

Can you elaborate on this incident? I've never heard it before.

(ps. Never heard of Mike dropping acid during the SMiLE Sessions, and I highly doubt he did. He was against the "acid alliteration" lyrics, it would make him something of a hypocrite).
Too bad he didn't-we may have had the complete Smile and other great things from the group.

All it'd have taken for Brian to gain the great mental clartity he needed to piece Smile together and not succumb to mental illness was for Mike to take some LSD. Who woulda thunk?

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
oldsurferdude
« Reply #2776 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:58 AM »

Can you elaborate on this incident? I've never heard it before.

(ps. Never heard of Mike dropping acid during the SMiLE Sessions, and I highly doubt he did. He was against the "acid alliteration" lyrics, it would make him something of a hypocrite).
Too bad he didn't-we may have had the complete Smile and other great things from the group.

All it'd have taken for Brian to gain the great mental clartity he needed to piece Smile together and not succumb to mental illness was for Mike to take some LSD. Who woulda thunk?
Resistance=loss of confidence=loss of interest=project junked.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: August 29, 2012, 08:56:33 AM »

I thought everyone who went to Hawaii -- which was all the Boys except Bruce -- took acid before the concerts they did while there. Isn't that why Bruce stayed behind? Barring the time Dennis dosed him (which obviously doesn't count), didn't Mike trip during the Smile sessions or am I way wrong? I know he smoked weed and drank alcohol before getting into the most brain-damaging drug of all, Transcendental Meditation~
You are way off on a few things...Dennis never dosed Mike, you've got it backwards according to legend from the insiders. Mike never tripped, he did smoke a little weed. Brian's main drug, which you don't have on your list, was speed. Carl smoked pot for sure, not on your list. Al never tripped, no way. The three Wilsons took the LSD in Hawaii...not the others. David did everything, read his book, he was seriously addicted for awhile in the seventies.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: August 29, 2012, 09:06:29 AM »

I thought everyone who went to Hawaii -- which was all the Boys except Bruce -- took acid before the concerts they did while there. Isn't that why Bruce stayed behind? Barring the time Dennis dosed him (which obviously doesn't count), didn't Mike trip during the Smile sessions or am I way wrong? I know he smoked weed and drank alcohol before getting into the most brain-damaging drug of all, Transcendental Meditation~
You are way off on a few things...Dennis never dosed Mike, you've got it backwards according to legend from the insiders. Mike never tripped, he did smoke a little weed. Brian's main drug, which you don't have on your list, was speed. Carl smoked pot for sure, not on your list. Al never tripped, no way. The three Wilsons took the LSD in Hawaii...not the others. David did everything, read his book, he was seriously addicted for awhile in the seventies.

MidnightSpecial was claiming Dennis dosed Bruce, not Mike. Still, highly doubt that. Thanks for your info.

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: August 29, 2012, 09:37:24 AM »

MidnightSpecial was claiming Dennis dosed Bruce, not Mike. Still, highly doubt that. Thanks for your info.
If you were to read his sentence literally, it infers Dennis dosed Mike.
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: August 29, 2012, 09:49:33 AM »

Thanks for the corrective, Jon! I actually had no idea BW did speed -- not sure how I missed that one! -- or that it was his main drug of choice (figured it was cocaine). When did he start doing that, around Pet Sounds or Smile, or later on sometime? I do need to get a hold of your book on David though, you're right Wink
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: August 29, 2012, 11:04:32 AM »

Just remember kids, if you want to hear Mike Love getting high, all you have to do is turn on (sic) your CD player and fire up the 'Barbershop' track on your 2nd disc of the Smile sessions. You would also note that no-one else seems to giggling like a schoolboy bitch, so infer what you will about the Lovester's drug intake at that time.

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: August 29, 2012, 12:01:59 PM »

Dennis dosed Bruce without his consent? lmao!  LOL
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: August 29, 2012, 12:09:07 PM »

This is what The Beach Boys look like stoned.  Grin

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: August 29, 2012, 12:57:23 PM »

Just remember kids, if you want to hear Mike Love getting high, all you have to do is turn on (sic) your CD player and fire up the 'Barbershop' track on your 2nd disc of the Smile sessions. You would also note that no-one else seems to giggling like a schoolboy bitch, so infer what you will about the Lovester's drug intake at that time.
This is going in my profile. LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Paulos
« Reply #2785 on: August 29, 2012, 01:07:08 PM »

New question: I was listening to Ten Years Harmony the other day and noticed for the first time that the version of Come Go With Me is different to the version on the M.I.U./L.A two-fer, is the Ten Years Harmony version of Come Go With Me the 'incorrect mix' used on the original CD release of M.I.U.?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 01:08:03 PM by Paulos » Logged
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: August 29, 2012, 01:15:06 PM »

Dennis dosed Bruce without his consent? lmao!  LOL
Never happened
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: August 29, 2012, 01:50:53 PM »

New question: I was listening to Ten Years Harmony the other day and noticed for the first time that the version of Come Go With Me is different to the version on the M.I.U./L.A two-fer, is the Ten Years Harmony version of Come Go With Me the 'incorrect mix' used on the original CD release of M.I.U.?

Yes.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Paulos
« Reply #2788 on: August 29, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »

Yes.

Thanks Ian.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2789 on: August 30, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »

Depends which CD reissue of 10YoH you have.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: August 30, 2012, 07:23:38 AM »

I've got both EU and USA issues… what're the differences, oh Sagacious One?

“We live in divisive times.”
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: August 30, 2012, 09:19:22 AM »

Did they dose before the concert? Is that why the performance isn't up to par?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: August 30, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »

Al looks clean, but maybe it's impossible for Al NOT to look clean. Dennis at least looks like he's trying to look with it, but he's not succeeding. Bruce, against all odds, looks high as f***.

Otherwise, yeah. *giggles*

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: August 30, 2012, 01:33:48 PM »

Al looks clean, but maybe it's impossible for Al NOT to look clean. Dennis at least looks like he's trying to look with it, but he's not succeeding. Bruce, against all odds, looks high as f***.

Al just looks a little high from inhaling the second hand smoke. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: August 30, 2012, 01:41:21 PM »

Being so much closer to the ground, he might have escaped the fug…

“We live in divisive times.”
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: August 30, 2012, 01:47:10 PM »

Being so much closer to the ground, he might have escaped the fug…
The pic is great though. It may be the only one taken of Bruce, at least looking stoned.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Paulos
« Reply #2796 on: August 30, 2012, 02:47:29 PM »

I seem to have the US version, catalogue number 2ZK37445. The year on the back cover says 1981, not sure if it's right for the CD.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2797 on: August 31, 2012, 01:30:53 PM »

I seem to have the US version, catalogue number 2ZK37445. The year on the back cover says 1981, not sure if it's right for the CD.

CD release in 1981 ? Don't think so.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: September 04, 2012, 11:50:28 AM »

So I've seen the remasters on Amazon but there's no tracklistings available...Is it just the original album and no bonus tracks? I know I should be happy about them being in remastered mode...but it's a shame to have to re-buy everything!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: September 04, 2012, 11:54:06 AM »

So I've seen the remasters on Amazon but there's no tracklistings available...Is it just the original album and no bonus tracks? I know I should be happy about them being in remastered mode...but it's a shame to have to re-buy everything!
ok, I've seen a few tracklistings on there...maybe on half the albums...most just have mono then stereo for the 2nd half of the disc. Are we gonna notice notable changes? alot of the tracks say 2012 stereo remix...but Pet Sounds doesn't, meaning that we all basically have all those on the PS boxset/any disc that included both stereo/mono?

~post of the century~
-Mikie

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 ... 286 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx